Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There will most likely be an aftermarket solution from FEDEX Office (Kinko's)
Yeah, I was already thinking about how to get my hands a a .pdf version of the manual and taking it to be printed off myself. Just sad we will have to pay extra for that. This is obviously Ford trying to save a few bucks off a $50K vehicle and not some kind of advantage like they made it sound in the vid.

I get it too but I know they will have to print some for inhouse use so I wish it could be something based on customer request. Evidently that is how other automakers are handling it that have already gone that route. I think the same was with the Jeep I purchased but they dropped the ball in mailing it out (more than once which I will not bother to get into).

However, I am still going to request a hardcopy from my dealership upon order. I actually already told them I wanted a hardcopy manual, which I think surprised them since that isn't your standard request at the moment (I think it will be though). They later got back to me and said they could get me one upon request. We shall see.
Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Download, print. :)
sure, see my last post. But I would rather not have to kill my printer or take to Kinkos. Those factory manuals fit very nice in the dash. For all you guys talking about taking it off the grid, I think you would prefer that too. Maybe the mall runners don't care....

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sure, see my last post. But I would rather not have to kill my printer or take to Kinkos. Those factory manuals fit very nice in the dash. For all you guys talking about taking it off the grid, I think you would prefer that too. Maybe the mall runners don't care....

Nearly every car manf has moved to either a combo of online/paper manuals or online only. If anything, Ford is late to the game.

Do you really need to print the whole manual, you need to understand how seatbelts work :) j/k.

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While I know the overall bitching and moaning (which I’m equally guilty of) is the biggest pet peeve on the forums, this here is my top pet peeve.

What on earth makes you so sure this is going to be the greatest vehicle ever? Just because Ford named it after an icon that has laid dormant for 25 years? Don’t get me wrong, I am ordering one and hope it’s f’n awesome too but I refuse to blindly anoint it the best thing on four wheels 9 months before delivery based entirely off it’s name.
In all honesty, I don't know if it will be the best thing on four wheels or not. But yet, tens of thousands of people will absolutely love it! Including you (and many others in this bitching echo-chamber) once you come to terms with all of your micro-disappointments.

If maybe there were one thing done differently with this product release, perhaps it would have been to be less forthcoming with information, teasers, etc. In a hypercritical world, it's probably better to be late (very late) but accurate.

These good people didn't sign up for daily stonings, yet here they are.... and so are you...

Sponsored

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll also add, seems strange you can add a winch to SAS, but not a headliner or roof rails. Those weigh more than the winch?
Possibly something to do with weight above the mid-point of the height of the vehicle and weight below the mid-point?

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, does anybody have any idea why a tailgate wouldn’t allow for door storage? The video of storing the doors didn’t seem like the doors were so close to the roof that you didn’t have any wiggle room.
Others have mentioned the height but iirc there was a strapping system as well so perhaps this blocks access to some parts of it?

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My friend who works at that plant told me what happened was they accidently put headliner insulation in a truck that already had a receiver hitch so as soon as they put the 823-page owner's manual in the glovebox the truck FELL. RIGHT. OVER.
Now that's funny. Must be a GVWR thing. You can't get a manual in a four door Sasquatch.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, this is a pet peeve of mine ever since I bought a 2019 Jeep GC and it too didn't come with a manual. I still have a hard time mastering all the features.
That’s a good point. How are you supposed to read about how to use a feature of the entertainment system when you are using the screen to read the manual.

Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did I hear that vid correctly in that the owners manual will ONLY be a digital copy? No hardcopy? What if I am old fashion and prefer a paper copy too? This is starting to become a common thing with cars it seems. The marketing folks at Ford should really reconsider that. If a company is marketing a vehicle that is suppose to go off the beaten path (i.e., grid) then if any new vehicle should have an old fashioned hardcopy manual it's the Bronco. Besides, I would rather read the manual in my home and not sitting in the car looking at the screen in my driveway or on my tiny phone's screen. If we are paying $50K plus for a car then they should be able to throw in some extra paper. Sorry, this is a pet peeve of mine ever since I bought a 2019 Jeep GC and it too didn't come with a manual. I still have a hard time mastering all the features.
Firstly,I get it but consider that it can be updated with your vehicle. What else are you going to use that giant 12 inch screen for?
Secondly, consider the GVWR of that leather bound encyclopedia book.
Thirdly, now gloves can be kept in the glove box.

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well great. Started watching this video this afternoon and my wife was like “Um no. This sounds awful. I don’t think you should get a Bronco. Are you sure this is right? Who are these people and they represent Fords marketing budget? No, I think this is a bad idea and you need to wait.”

Well I don’t really know what to say. I’ve been all in even with all the changes and disappointment in updates since the release, but now the wife is doubting. Not sure but may be going back the truck route. Not sure.

Just confused at this point.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
My friend who works at that plant told me what happened was they accidently put headliner insulation in a truck that already had a receiver hitch so as soon as they put the 823-page owner's manual in the glovebox the truck FELL. RIGHT. OVER.
If all Bronco owners simply took (and passed) a Body Mass Index test, we would all be good.
You have-to-have-4-slices-of-pineapple-pizza-with-my-new-Coke people are ruining it for the rest of us. /JK

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
That’s a good point. How are you supposed to read about how to use a feature of the entertainment system when you are using the screen to read the manual.
How do I do figure out how to do a screenshot on my Mac, when I am using my Mac?
Sponsored