Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It almost feels the complete opposite of new defender. Everyone hated it until they drove it and then people who drove it liked it (except TFL but lets admit, even for a brand with low reliabiliity, that was wild and is an outlier)

Bronco is everyone excited and approving of the new look but what if everyone drives it and hates it?
My neighbor just picked up a new Defender and loves it. After playing around with LR's B&P and not running into any GVWR issues ;), I really wish Ford would have placed the Bronco in this class of vehicles for a variety of reasons even though I get they are targeting the Wrangler and there are some other (most likely financial), reasons...

Ultimately, I believe the Bronco will be amazing, it's just too bad Ford is hamstrung by GVWR guardrails for some of the smaller details.
Sponsored

MotoCeptorMan

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang, 2013 Ram, 2003 Jeep Liberty 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nearly every car manf has moved to either a combo of online/paper manuals or online only. If anything, Ford is late to the game.

Do you really need to print the whole manual, you need to understand how seatbelts work :) j/k.
No, but I might need it to figure out how to reset the oil change gauge/count down or what torque to use for the lug nuts. Also, I like documenting maintenance in the service manual. Is this available in the dash screen manual? My preference is to have both soft and hard copies.

Dwolen

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know everyone is tired of the Bronco delays, but even the Jeep 4xe has been delayed (without much of a sound) due to COVID. Back at the reveal they mentioned the Jeep 4xe would be “coming December 2020”, but now they have pushed that back to “coming Q1 2021”.

C5222FE7-25A3-449F-9A69-37A9CEC5A4A6.jpeg

AED9B1B3-C78B-44AB-BD59-254B07F6FE41.jpeg
The main part is “without much of a sound”.
In all honesty, I don't know if it will be the best thing on four wheels or not. But yet, tens of thousands of people will absolutely love it! Including you (and many others in this bitching echo-chamber) once you come to terms with all of your micro-disappointments.

If maybe there were one thing done differently with this product release, perhaps it would have been to be less forthcoming with information, teasers, etc. In a hypercritical world, it's probably better to be late (very late) but accurate.

These good people didn't sign up for daily stonings, yet here they are.... and so are you...
Do I hope we love it? Absolutely!

Am I convinced we will be? Not one bit

My point is, time will tell. While I agree it isn’t fair to immediately assume these pre-production hiccups will mean a junk product, I also don’t think because it has the name Bronco that it automatically gets its name in the history books and all concerns being raised now get tossed aside.

Sponsored

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow, You are so informative, a master engineer, thanks for your insight!
You do realize I was parroting back what you said - right? Looks kinda silly on second read through?

Amazing how every other manufacturer selling vehicles in the USA can figure out how to equip their top trim vehicles (read FE) with a tow package if the other trim levels in the line have a tow pack but Ford can’t.

Government meanies!
Ya, it’s called compromising, something that creates inferior builds, I’m happy, don’t care about you! lol

True that, the ability to order a receiver hitch on a body on frame vehicle has always been considered the height of compromise and indicator of an inferior build.

ct1975

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2020 Navigator, 2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

sure, see my last post. But I would rather not have to kill my printer or take to Kinkos. Those factory manuals fit very nice in the dash. For all you guys talking about taking it off the grid, I think you would prefer that too. Maybe the mall runners don't care....
Yep, first world problems. No hardcopy vehicle manual, I’m cancelling my reservation/order. The complaining around here is laughable.

anl

Badlands
First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
??? if b/p is coming in march 2021,what entire price list is coming in january 2021???

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
sure, see my last post. But I would rather not have to kill my printer or take to Kinkos. Those factory manuals fit very nice in the dash. For all you guys talking about taking it off the grid, I think you would prefer that too. Maybe the mall runners don't care....
Have you ever pulled your manual when off road? I don’t think I have...don’t remember seeing anyone else do it. You use your manual a lot off road? In fact, how often do you pull the manual at all? Not really a concern after all, is it? Just something to bitch about.

level3looper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well great. Started watching this video this afternoon and my wife was like “Um no. This sounds awful. I don’t think you should get a Bronco. Are you sure this is right? Who are these people and they represent Fords marketing budget? No, I think this is a bad idea and you need to wait.”

Well I don’t really know what to say. I’ve been all in even with all the changes and disappointment in updates since the release, but now the wife is doubting. Not sure but may be going back the truck route. Not sure.

Just confused at this point.
You never quit on your Bronco !

Sponsored

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

There is actually a discussion thread on Bronco Nation about this subject. Not a ton of info, as of yesterday.
It is my hope that Ford jumped on the issue in the Bronco Nation and addressed it. If Ford addresses the issue immediately, it would go long ways to restoring trust in the forums and process.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If maybe there were one thing done differently with this product release, perhaps it would have been to be less forthcoming with information, teasers, etc. In a hypercritical world, it's probably better to be late (very late) but accurate.
I guess it is the challenge in the automotive world, sufficient reveal for marketing buzz, but not so much that you get out on a limb too far. In today's world folks will complain either way, that is the ultimate challenge.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
My neighbor just picked up a new Defender and loves it. After playing around with LR's B&P and not running into any GVWR issues ;), I really wish Ford would have placed the Bronco in this class of vehicles for a variety of reasons even though I get they are targeting the Wrangler and there are some other (most likely financial), reasons...

Ultimately, I believe the Bronco will be amazing, it's just too bad Ford is hamstrung by GVWR guardrails for some of the smaller details.
Honestly, i was sorta half and half w/ defender when it was revealed. It was kinda cool, kinda soft, kinda rugged, kinda luxury but then i saw one in person. Thing is a huge beast
Sponsored