Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in an area where I have internet about 50% of the time via broadband, including at my house, and that's the only way to get it. Yet I am 20 minutes from a city of 80K people who all have cable. My son lives in a city of 1.5 million and half the damned time his phone is dead.

All this to say, I think for everyone who says Ford shouldn't have to worry about those of us who are in the sticks, or too far away from the real world, or whatever, there are just as many owners who will need that paper manual at some time or another because they are out of range of internet, their phone is out of juice, they don't have a device with a data plan, or any number of valid reasons for them.

Those of us lucky enough to never worry about internet should feel free to empty some space in their glove boxes. The rest of us should at least have an option where, if we ask at time of purchase, Ford will send us a paper copy in the mail or give us one at the dealership. It just keeps customers happy while still saving FoMoCo some money.
Just to be clear, I am *not* disagreeing with what you said.

I just wanted to clarify that the electronic owners manuals don’t require internet connectivity. As long as your car has juice and you can boot up the center stack, you can access the owners manual through that.
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The ignorance of the realities of life in rural America by those nice folks on the coasts continues. I have a flip phone, only because those nice folks on the east coast decided it was not profitable to maintain the hard wired lines coming up the mountain for the 6 houses up here in Appalachia. Not sure I can download a PDF into it, let alone be able to read it.
Yes, this is correct. Also, I'm th
Just to be clear, I am *not* disagreeing with what you said.

I just wanted to clarify that the electronic owners manuals don’t require internet connectivity. As long as your car has juice and you can boot up the center stack, you can access the owners manual through that.
So that is the rub. When my fuse blows, guess what?? No juice. I just had a weird error on my truck telling me I had to turn off the truck ignition because my batter was low (it wasn't) and then it automatically turned off the electronics. How am I supposed to access the manual then?

ct1975

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2020 Navigator, 2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Uh, no, I don't think so. How do you think people are going to download a huge pdf if they don't have good internet to begin with? I am literally the only person in my area with decent internet because we are close enough to a tower to get fixed wireless. My neighbors are too far away (Understanding we live on farms so "neighbor" is a relative term) to get the signal.

I'm supposed to bring my computer outside and open up a pdf whenever I'm working on my engine? Or use up storage on my phone and attempt to read tiny print on a tiny screen outside in the sun? Sounds like a GREAT IDEA. I'm paying $60k for a $#%^ vehicle. I want a paper manual to put in my glove box for the times I need it. And I will need it. A phone screen is not going to cut it.

I just checked, and the F150 has a partial paper owners manual and a digital one that is accessible on the vehicle screen. That is acceptable.
Huh? You don’t have to “download” the manual each time you would like to reference it. Download the manual (save it to your electronic device), no internet required for viewing the file from that point on. I swear, some folks find any reason to complain about something. It’s simple and as you mentioned, Ford (F150) among countless other manufacturers are going digital only for manuals.

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nice that they've finally offered some substantive explanation for the carpet on the back of the seats. While I may not like it, I can understand the issue.

Don't understand the reason roof rails on a Sasquatch should be a 22 option. What's different between now and then?

Still not buying some of this GVWR nonsense for certain options. I get that the B&P may need to make certain assumptions to make things easier on the programming side. But telling me I cannot get my Bronco with a sound-deadening headliner or PPF because of weight restrictions, but I can get it with Sasquatch and a winch is just lazy at best and total BS at worst.
There are many things in life that make little sense, but we just accept it and roll with it. Seems like we just aren’t meant to understand what goes on behind the Bronco curtain.

That’s likely true of everything we buy. Does anyone want to know how hot dogs are made? We buy them if we date, and enjoy them (on the way down at least).

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This 100%! What is changing from '21-'22 to essentially allow a higher GVWR
This is just my two cents, I think they had a Gross Vehicle Weight number in mind, they may be going after the Jeep JL (beat it or match it?) and they can’t figure out how to lighten the Bronco and this is causing major weight problems, it’s too late now to fix this engineering issue and they need more time, does that mean that 21 Bronco is not fully designed or engineered? This is just my gut feeling, yes I’m in the engineering field. Maybe future Broncos will have this issue solved? WTF is going on?

Sponsored

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And having a disclaimer that terms/prices are subject to change doesn‘t change the fact they lied.
Exactly, people are so quick to kiss a company's ass because 'terms and conditions'

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Huh? You don’t have to “download” the manual each time you would like to reference it. Download the manual (save it to your electronic device), no internet required for viewing the file from that point on. I swear, some folks find any reason to complain about something. It’s simple and as you mentioned, Ford (F150) among countless other manufacturers are going digital only for manuals.
Did you even read previous posts? Those of us in rural America deal with a totally different reality than you apparently do. Don't be condescending to other posters up in here, we are all different, live in different circumstances and all deserve respect. Good for you that you get to rely on electronic devices. Some of us don't have that luxury...

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice that they've finally offered some substantive explanation for the carpet on the back of the seats. While I may not like it, I can understand the issue.

Don't understand the reason roof rails on a Sasquatch should be a 22 option. What's different between now and then?

Still not buying some of this GVWR nonsense for certain options. I get that the B&P may need to make certain assumptions to make things easier on the programming side. But telling me I cannot get my Bronco with a sound-deadening headliner or PPF because of weight restrictions, but I can get it with Sasquatch and a winch is just lazy at best and total BS at worst.
Seriously? Their reasoning for the carpet on the back of the seats is the biggest, lamest reasoning yet for something. If 2dr Broncos cant store their doors in the rear but 4drs can, then why do 2dr Broncos have carpet on the back of the seats. Is this the same person giving their logic behind why the 2dr and 4dr have the same tow rating too?

just wait till you owners start putting doors in the rear, I have never in 8yrs of owning my jeep thought once...”man, I wish I could take my doors off right now in my jeep and throw them in my jeep.”When they’re off, they’re hanging on my garage wall. Also, driving on the interstate without doors gets old real quick, so I use tube doors with webbing. And you’re sure not going to be storing doors in the rear when offroading.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You don't get it. Please be sure to tell me how simple it is when you need that manual and you don't have access to a digital copy of it. There will come a time when that happens, as I've pointed out in previous posts. Digital only is not a good idea, IMO.

Thanks and happy new year.

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So...build and price not actually available until march, but somehow we'll be able to place the orders in January. Sure (rolling eyes at this bullshit).

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did you even read previous posts? Those of us in rural America deal with a totally different reality than you apparently do. Don't be condescending to other posters up in here, we are all different, live in different circumstances and all deserve respect. Good for you that you get to rely on electronic devices. Some of us don't have that luxury...
I live as rural as it gets here, and feel you, sorta. I think where your loosing the city folk on this argument is if you can post on Bronco6G you can download an owners manual to save for future needs lol.