First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Malibu (aka dad car) & 97 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought about this a little more last night, Ford probably listed different types of prices in here (net and gross), MIC and Modular should be represented as a net price (hard top standard price less $600 for soft top). Where should add the stand alone hard top price.

For this to make sense, I'm sure people will hate me for this, but the MIC should probably be listed at $1,195 ($1,795 net of $600 for the soft top). The way it's priced now there is about a $500 value in the MIC relative to other options....we will see if Ford adjusts this price.

My Stand-Alone price estimates below:

MIC should probably be listed at a net price of $1,195.
Dual Tops - Soft/MIC Hard Top are correctly listed at the full stand alone price of $1,795.

Modular Hard Top is correctly listed at a net price of $1,895.
Dual Tops - Soft/Modular Hard Top are correctly listed at the full stand alone price of $2,495.

My question now is the $700 premium for MIC over Modular would be explained by features like paint and removable windows. I could see the labor and value in these features.

Does anyone know if the Modular includes any kind of additional sound dampening/deadening material or if it is made of a material that is relatively more quiet than the MIC hard top?

Just trying to understand the premium more, either way I've definitely seen cheaper options out there in the aftermarket that seem to look much nicer than the Ford installed one anyways.
Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know I see he said that but Ford has a pic of a Bronco with the slide out and doors in the back ..this was a 4 door. I have only seen two pre-production vehicles that have a slide out. The unicorn Cactus grey with white top 4 door and a red one in a bronco nation video. So in a third video on a how to store the doors you can see there is a pattern to the install and you must use the tie downs. Well the tie downs on the slide out set up do not match up to that door storage harness system so I think that's the only thing preventing you from storing the doors..not a clearance issue with the roof or cage. I'm betting in late 22 or 23 they will remake the slide out, but I don't want to wait, so I think I can use a tie down with connected strap and come through behind the slide out / floor assembly. The other two tie downs on the standard rear cargo floor are not needed, as the door storage system uses screw in tied downs in the cage pillars above.

So I have a pic of the cactus grey 4 door with white top storing the doors..this was all the same photo shoot. You can see it has a slide out.

In pic #1 you can see it has no tie down straps because the slide out assembly doesn't match up, the doors are just clipped together but not tied down. In pic #2 you can see how a proper door tie down looks.

In a third pic I have circled the 2 areas where the existing tie downs are located under the slide out assembly. Here is where you would need to buy additional tie downs with a short strap to connect to the existing floor tie downs under the slide out assembly (or possible mounted with a bolt if the existing tie Downs underneath the slide out assembly have to be removed for that assembly's install). Then just snake the material portion of the new tie downs between the slide out assembly and the carpet or material seen inside the circles. Now you have your connecting points. I thought about using the tie downs on the slide out assembly but they get completely covered by the doors as they are too far up.

Anyway I'm gonna try this on mine..the slide out assembly is an accessory so it won't delay the Bronco build.
Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager IMG_2470.PNG
Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager IMG_2473
Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager IMG_2480
Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager IMG_2478

Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager IMG_2482

Last edited:

williamoneal

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F250 - Probably won't make it till the Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I knew that I saw somewhere that they were included in what I had planned to purchase which is a Badlands with a Sasquatch package. You are correct - They are Not included in a selected Sasquatch package.....BUT the initial literature did indicate that Rock Rails ARE Included on the Badlands (See attached image of the comparison of models). I am hoping the B&P tool once again has an error in it because when I build a 4 Door Badlands with a Sasquatch package, the B&P does not show the Rock Rails as "Included" in the Rock Rails selector. I am hoping Ford is not "uping" their price once again by charging me $ 595 for was was previously stated as included. Hopefully the B&P is mistaken in not marking these as "Included" in the Badlands build.
Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager Badlands Rock Rails Standard.JPG

Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager Badlands Rock Rails Standard 2.JPG

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

In this thread or somewhere in the forum, the new reason for the delay was the modular roofs were leaking. Has this been confirmed?

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One Facebook post was cited as speculation, so its as valid as most rumors.
As far as I can tell the new plant that makes the roofs was delayed in getting open

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Will the update happen after the cutoff? Ford's probably waiting to confirm how many people they were not able to chase off and so once those numbers are in, they will release a new BP with all sorts of shiny stuff to force more people to postpone their orders till 2022.

Sponsored

RiverRat001

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Fusion, 18 Grand Caravan, 78 F250, 81 CB750F
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I don’t see an update with added accessories... but stuff is changing! I’ve noticed over the past few days that the light accessories don’t always show up when selected and the rack accessories were shuffled (unless awnings always looked like canoes).

Ford watching that self-imposed deadline fly by like:
Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager 1617216735460

Cajun_Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well I don’t see an update with added accessories... but stuff is changing! I’ve noticed over the past few days that the light accessories don’t always show up when selected and the rack accessories were shuffled (unless awnings always looked like canoes).

Ford watching that self-imposed deadline fly by like:
Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager 1617216735460

I noticed the light thing too. Must be some new stealth lights or something lol.
Sponsored