First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was commenting on how a BL could be 10k over a WT. It is very easy to see why people are mad. Look at any random page and you will see that 1) 2 months to fix a “preliminary pricing error” 2) price increase across most models of $1,595 and/or 3) Ford’s lack of communication are why people are mad. People who have manual builds or OBX/WT/FE builds aren’t mad because their prices didn’t increase. Not so coincidentally, those manual and OBX/WT/FE build people are the ones who can’t seem to comprehend that when prices go up, people will get mad.
It's perfectly understandable, but the web page said these are estimated prices and options and everything shown is pre-production and subject to change. You'll never know how much you'll actually end up paying until order banks are ready and all options are known and firm when you sign on the dotted line. I think the build and config page before all these are known is just a playground to get an idea of what you want. They could have not even made that available until finalized, but at least we have something to get an idea for what we want to get.

I can remember some prototypes not too long ago that even took reservations from people with attractive prices, but never materialized and faded away after a year.

I am more concerned on what the real options will be and how durable this truck ends up being a few years down the road, because the Wildtrak price wasn't affected much if any.
Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's perfectly understandable, but the web page said these are estimated prices and options and everything shown is pre-production and subject to change. You'll never know how much you'll actually end up paying until order banks are ready and all options are known and firm when you sign on the dotted line. I think the build and config page before all these are known is just a playground to get an idea of what you want. They could have not even made that available until finalized, but at least we have something to get an idea for what we want to get.

I can remember some prototypes not too long ago that even took reservations from people with attractive prices, but never materialized and faded away after a year.

I am more concerned on what the real options will be and how durable this truck ends up being a few years down the road, because the Wildtrak price wasn't affected much if any.
I understand the sandbox to play around but forgetting transmission pricing is a pretty big fuck up. It is one of the major options and costs that goes into a vehicle. Floor mats listed at $60 getting repriced to $160 because someone fat fingered or read something wrong Is something I consider to be reasonable. Not charging for a transmission across half the trims and options is a whole other world.

Also, no matter how much I keep beating this dead horse, it won’t get any more dead!

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been looking into them .. I actually quite like the look of the new 4Runner TRD Pro - but all the reviews I've read mention how outdated the engine is, as well as the interior... and it sounds like the engine is not very fuel efficient compared to other similar options that are out these days.. so perhaps the 4Runner is not on the table right now (for me).
You should test drive the defender

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah, I don't get why so many people are upset. The Bronco wasn't a cheap truck to begin with. Now $3K more, so what? It's not that bad over 84 payments of around $800 or so a month....
Some of use still actually pay all cash, we know the $3,000 additional cost is $3,000 lost, not $3,000/84=$36

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It's perfectly understandable, but the web page said these are estimated prices and options and everything shown is pre-production and subject to change. You'll never know how much you'll actually end up paying until order banks are ready and all options are known and firm when you sign on the dotted line.
The order dotted line is just an estimated price, you will not have final pricing until the VIN number is assigned and you sign the delivery dotted line.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Before buying a new car earlier this year, I read up on how to get a good deal and avoid overspending. Focusing on monthly payment was pretty much what NOT to do. Sales persons would be crawling over each other to land that customer, lol.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m imagining aftermarket leather being all loose and unprofessional looking, but I have no idea. I’m still hopeful Ford will just make a black or grey interior on one under 45k.
I had aftermarket installed in my Fusion before we picked it up and it is excellent. It was around $1000 and added into financing.

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Some of use still actually pay all cash, we know the $3,000 additional cost is $3,000 lost, not $3,000/84=$36
I wonder if they’ll offer 84 month financing through Ford. I think that will make buyers more comfortable with their monthly payment even though the interest is rolled into the payment. Right now the payment estimator stops at 72. Guess we’ll see.

Sponsored

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

engineering wise, only dragsters use planetary transmissions, but paddle shifting manuals are widespread in F1, rallycross, among other things. Even a professional driver cannot match a computer for speed and smoothness.
Some submarines use planetary reduction gear drives. They sure as hell aren’t dragsters.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The $995 beadlock rim upgrade allows for either the standard K02s or upgraded GY Territory ($695). Nothing has changed here.
$115 extra a tire is a ripoff though. Those Territories must be expensive in comparison to the KOs. I am betting a lot of people won’t be running territories after the first set.

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ok .. you're right... I missed that. Those rock-tards over at Ford are doing a great job of keeping us on our toes.
‘Fixed.

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Out of 26 Brands, Ford was rated 5th from the bottom in Consumer Reports latest dependability surveys (Lincoln was dead last below even Tesla). Generally, incompetent companies are incompetent in all their activities. I’m worried about how well the Bronco will be put together - particularly given the recent top issues and the pressure Ford must be feeling to get them produced ASAP.
My wife is very concerned about this, she keeps telling me to just buy another Jeep. Which is weird since she has never encouraged me to buy one before. Between what she has been hearing about the launch (mostly from me) and a couple of friends that are big Ford guys constantly complaining about issues with their vehicles she's afraid the Bronco is going to fall apart after I get it.
Sponsored