Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

$8900 for squatch or $89 for a puck lift...decisions, decisions.
Sponsored

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Passing your thoughts along to a Ford call center does just as much good as talking about it here. Maybe less (we did manage to talk about Man Squatch enough here to make it happen).

The only thing that can help you now is talking to your dealer. Ford sets MSRP but your dealership sets the price you actually pay.

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just noticed Jeep release base pricing on the Rubicon 4xe (hybrid) at $51,695, and they would qualify for a $7500 tax credit. The recent pricing fix pushed me back to a WT but am not really a fan of that interior, was hoping they would ad a black option.

The possiblity of getting a hybrid cheaper then the WT before the tax credit really has me thinking hard about exploring this option now.

Krenke72

Wildtrak
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been in all the way but have a feeling this thing is going to cost more then it's worth. Have no faith that what I've been budgeting for is what is going to come to fruition when I go place my order... which if what I think will happen with missing info of true cost or dealer mark ups I'm out. Truly wish this will not happen but starting to lose faith and wonder how many are going to walk away. Not trying to throw shade or start the ranting that is typical on this forum but really interested in how many of us with reservations are starting to have reservations and walk away?

Screenshot_20201223-071934_Twitter.jpg

Sponsored

NotAnonymous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just noticed Jeep release base pricing on the Rubicon 4xe (hybrid) at $51,695, and they would qualify for a $7500 tax credit. The recent pricing fix pushed me back to a WT but am not really a fan of that interior, was hoping they would ad a black option.

The possiblity of getting a hybrid cheaper then the WT before the tax credit really has me thinking hard about exploring this option now.
With the hybrid credit that definitely puts the 4xe Sahara onto my cross-shopping list....

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

With the hybrid credit that definitely puts the 4xe Sahara onto my cross-shopping list....
Think the Sahara 4xe starts around $48k, Really thought they would be about 10k more so out of what I wanted to pay. Believe the base comes standard with a hard top 8.4 head and a few other options.

Really wasn't cross shopping much but with the recent increase pushing the BL above what I wanted to spend and the WT interior that I really do not like, the 4xe Rubi pricing may get me to change.

Last edited:

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
My base SAS/2.7/10 speed auto just went up $3k. Tha'ts quite a price increase!

Arsh

Badlands
First Name
Arsh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus NX 300
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been in all the way but have a feeling this thing is going to cost more then it's worth. Have no faith that what I've been budgeting for is what is going to come to fruition when I go place my order... which if what I think will happen with missing info of true cost or dealer mark ups I'm out. Truly wish this will not happen but starting to lose faith and wonder how many are going to walk away. Not trying to throw shade or start the ranting that is typical on this forum but really interested in how many of us with reservations are starting to have reservations and walk away?

Ford Bronco Build & Price Updated: Auto No Longer Free For Mid-Level Trim + Other Changes Screenshot_20201223-071934_Twitter
Im in the same boat. I’m giving Ford every chance to take my money. But at some point I have to draw the line. Then they were a let down with interior finishes and options.
and it’s not as much the money I am spending but the value and quality I am getting for my money. This is not the only vehicle in the segment. If it’s over priced I am not purchasing, unfortunately.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

no, 79.5 pages of it is bitching and threats of cancellation.
Unfortunately, there’s too much bitching and not enough cancellation. According to Twitter, that ratio is amateur hour.

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It is obvious the only thing Ford wants from the Base Bronco is the ability to advertise:

"Starting at under $30K".

They have no interest in actually selling them for under $30K.
Ummm yeah. Why do I feel like I'm one of the few people who realized that lol.

They have 0 interest in selling the base model, its intentionally underpriced to advertise a low msrp. The fact they even offered the Sasquatch on it is incredible. Ford did the exact same thing with the GT350 in 2015. Low msrp of 49,999 to advertise it started under 50k, by the second or third model year base price went up to like 54k

To be honest I'm shocked at the amount of people I see that want the base trim lol.

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bro you're on a forum hyping what is essentially a wrangler twin with a Ford badge. Lets calm down. And the front is the only iffy part of the defender. sides and back are fire
The Bronco is the challenger to the Wrangler. I didn’t bring up the Defender, but did call it an ugly baby.

Txchewy

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honestly pretty tired of Levine's lifestyle posts on social media. If I was the face of this dumpster fire, I would be going to cube to cube making sure the tech guys had enough Rockstar to update the B&P correctly. Impressed though that he responded to Mark's post and at least acknowledged the issues. The bar has gotten pretty low.

mike12779

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The base model should be the base model. I think the issue is that you can get the same axles/lockers/transfer case/powertrain as in any other model (minus the GOAT modes). As far as I know, you cannot do this on the Jeep. You cannot get front and rear lockers on any Wrangler you want and you cannot get the transfer cases/axels that the Rubicon has on each trim. It seems many want similar off-road capabilities as the most capable model, at a cheap price, which is understandable if Ford is offering it.

I am now having second thoughts about higher trim levels if my main reason is for the off-road capability.
Sponsored