Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Went back to look at Explorer ST's and noticed this gem. More reason for me to worry that MY22 will be better. Looks like they have a habit of screwing over early buyers.

The base 2021 Ford Explorer costs $33,470, a price decrease of $540. But other trims see much steeper cuts. Take the XLT, which is $2,925 cheaper than last year for a total price of $35,245. The performance-oriented ST gets slashed by $2,135 for a $53,850 sticker.

For the new model year, the Explorer receives more equipment across the line. First-row heated seats are standard on XLT, for example, and a new Sport Appearance Package is optional. The ST High Performance Pack adds standard high-performance brake pads. Ford is also bringing out enhanced interior finishes for Limited, ST, and Platinum.

Ford confirmed the price reductions today, saying the goal was to "better match customer requests and make other content standard."

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-ford-explorer-pricing-reduction-official-details/
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Would hope that one of the dealers here would comment.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m seeing a lot of people with the line, “We told you the automatic wouldn’t be free!!”

Shut up.

Literally nobody said they thought the automatic was free. We’ve spent 2 months discussing how it made zero sense and had to be an obvious error. We’ve asked this question hundreds of times, tweeted etc to get clarification. After 2 months many said, “f it, if it’s still there it’s got to be right I guess.”

Then 2 months later on a Sunday night Ford sneaks it in. If you “saw” this coming, you’re not Nostradamus, sorry. Everyone saw this coming, we just didn’t expect Ford to drop the ball this bad and sneak it in after repeated requests for clarification.

Ford really sucks, like a lot. How can you mismanage anything this badly? I don’t even know if I can trust them to build a functional vehicle right now.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yup, I am pretty much done. I will wait for green and xplan in a year or two. MachE gets $7500 tax credit, incentives and Xplan so will go with that and end up saving a few $k from my Bronco build and the thought of a new Mustang makes my wifes eyes sparkle (this being the prime factor).
Mach E is a Mustang in name only.

If she wants a new Mustang, get her the new Mach 1

Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was doing another Badlands build, when I noticed that upgrading from 2.3 to 2.7 is now $1895 + $1595 for the automatic transmission upgrade. It actually sgows up in the price breakdow with both charges; and it gives you the pop-up warning, asking if you want to spend $3495 for 2.7 w/auto. Did Ford break B&P or did they correct an earlier error?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone in New England want to buy the signature headlights? Looking to go to the standard for my WildTrak.

:alien:

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I didn't, I
So why do you start an argument?
22AB25DA-9142-4B74-80BD-B4D871A8891A.jpeg
I didn't, you made it into one. I asked how many threads we needed on the same topic. I'm done here. This is stupid and I'm an adult.

jclaypool83

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, 6.7L 2500 RAM, FOCUS RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please cancel....I need a lot of cancellations to get a MY21 I think....so let's build some momentum. Everyone cancel!
Honestly, think the my21 is a rip off. Short production run and my22 will be out. they will have more options available and your trade and or resale value is always higher on a new model year. example my21 vs. my22 will be $3500 in resale/trade on new models year.

Sponsored

MyFirstBronco01

Big Bend
First Name
Elena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No more mid for me lol didnt need half the features anyway ???

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

After the pics we got from the Stig of all of those Squatches looking awesome, it convinced me to push my budget and my own personal sense of “value” to add the Squatch package to my BD builds.

However now a 2.7 Squatch BD 2dr is $48K, and 4dr is $51K. I can’t push my feeling of value that far for a vehicle that I can’t get options I want like adaptive cruise or rear cupholders(kinda /s on that one but kinda real). 2.7 and a non-cloth interior are non-negotiables for me. So I guess it’s down to standard BD, or keep my paid off truck and wait for the next thing to pique my interest.
Sponsored