Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A shitty WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Perhaps it's just that I'm old, or work in a market space that sees refinement during the development process too, but I just don't get worked up with stuff like this. I guess I've just assumed everything is a moving target until it's time to order, and I'll make a final call then. In the meantime, I don't think it hurts to let Ford know your thoughts.
Sponsored

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Buckin'Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Genuinely good luck to you as well! (honestly, not being a sarcastic ass this time)

As a small business owner i'm impacted by Covid every day in ways never guessed when it started. It's not a joke for me or my industry. Relying on hundreds of vendors around the world is the reason the Bronco isn't a $70,000 car at minimum. Now comes the only risk of just-in-time-production. When things aren't on time, you don't make your product.

Ironically, i'm also interested in a 2.3/MT/non-squatch, but the roof will set me back a few months.
Yes. No doubt about COVID. I had it myself and I'm in International business, which is also impacted. I merely meant to say that most of my issues and concerns have not been COVID related, but planning, communication, etc. Should have been more clear. Best to you!!

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford has been in business for 117 years. Their is no excuse for not having things correct out the gate. This is not a hobby for them.

Something just isn't right with the way this is automatic transmission price thing is happening. Not sure what's up with the SAS pricing. Covid cannot be and excuse since Covid was well under way when they release the B&P. Covid can cause delivery delays, I would not expect it to change the releasing (or not) of accurate pertinent information.

Has Ford chosen to let rookies run the Bronco release & the B&P tool? Makes no sense with a large contingent customer base to satisfy and make raving fans. Ford has some splaining to do!!

At this point it is just wait & see what the final deal is at order time with your dealer of choice and then make your decision. Nothing is to be trusted until your dealer says so and is ready to sign.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not really surprised by the increase, but this did narrow my choice. Originally planned on the WT since it had all the options I wanted. But I am having hard time warming up to the interior so the back up plan was the BL since I liked the interior. The BL was a little more and had a few options (steel bumpers and disconnect) that I really didn’t want but it was still just under my self-imposed cap. This changed just pushed the BL over that cap.

Now the BL is off the table so I am down to hoping they add another interior option to the WT, decided I am OK with the current interior or just go back to the original plan of getting a 4 door Jeep.

Today was the first time in awhile I started looking back into the Jeep. Know with being able to order the exact options I want, the employee pricing I can get and the almost 3k I have in dealer dollars on my Jeep credit card I could get the 4 door Rubicon I want for 7k-9k cheaper then the Bronco I would want.

Still holding out hope that the Bronco will end up working out since I alreadyt have a Jeep and would really like to have one of each, but who knows what other surprises Ford will have for us before the ordering goes live.
If you do get the Bronco and keep the jeep you have, do you have a plan for how you would use each ? They both are very similar. Would you use one as a beater and the other as a daily driver or something like that?

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah. From day 1, 4DR Base had auto and started at $33,200. Now it starts at $34,795 because they forgot it includes the auto. Shoddy work at best.
Except that at one point they changed their mind and said 4dr Base will come standard with Manual. Then they changed their mind again when B&P came out and showed auto was indeed standard. Then they said “whoops“, let’s jack another $1,595 in there. Then...

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Kinda hard not to when that’s what they themselves put out on B&P ?‍♀
This was really shitty of Ford to at very least not have all the prices correct from jump. It’s one thing not to have all options available, but to list things at one price then jump it up months later wow. Bad business.
No it was very hard to believe. Very hard. In fact impossible.

But bad business to leave an error there that long? For sure, no denying that.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looking forward to reading all 52 pages of this tonight after work. Am amused that many people have called out the pricing irregularities in the early B&P over the past couple months but were routinely shot down by people that really wanted to believe in Santa Clause.

as for me, I just want to know when prices are final so I can make a rational choice here. Actually charging for an AT doesn’t seem outrageous to me though...

Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, pretty much helps make my horsepower choice.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Except that at one point they changed their mind and said 4dr Base will come standard with Manual. Then they changed their mind again when B&P came out and showed auto was indeed standard. Then they said “whoops“, let’s jack another $1,595 in there. Then...
Haha! I didn’t realize that happened! No wonder no one has any ideas of what the pricing should be!

nastyMAC

Badlands
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW gli
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went to check B&P, Base Bronco no 7 speed manual for 4 Door?
Glitch?!
Too good to be true?! ⬇⬇⬇
Ford Bronco Build & Price Updated: Auto No Longer Free For Mid-Level Trim + Other Changes Screenshot_20201221-144834_Gallery
Sponsored

Last edited: