Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you do get the Bronco and keep the jeep you have, do you have a plan for how you would use each ? They both are very similar. Would you use one as a beater and the other as a daily driver or something like that?
Would use them pretty much the same, daily driving, road trips, hitting some trails, etc. The extra space in the Bronco would come in handy for the long road trips or camping. The 2 door Rubicon I believe will be better for more challenging trails. Think they will both have their advantages.

I ended up picking up a Tacoma in the spring for the shop, so I have been drving that for work most of the time.

Also my daughter will be getting her drivers license next month so she will be driving one of them. She already prefers the Jeep to the Audi, so she may try to claim the Jeep. My biggest fear is the daughter takes the Jeep and my wife starts taking the Bronco and I end up with her Rav4.
Sponsored

Tippster

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This whole thing - is starting to feel super shady and a bit of a scam overall. Have been a loyal follower for years, but this sort of behavior is just unsavory. If Ford's overall goal and objective was to confuse and annoy this community - Job Done.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can anyone find a video or tweet or something that has a Ford rep stating the 2.7 and auto for $1895 is a steal or deal? I can’t seem to find it. Not that it matters anymore, but just curious.

edit: I found an answer using the search function. Should have tried that before! Looks like it was a user on here paraphrasing or quoting a Ford rep from one of the recent Bronco showings. If anyone has info on from a higher Ford rep or a post from BN, I’d be interested in seeing that.

Last edited:

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why take anything as gospel in the B&P, they keep adding more stuff and $ amounts. It's a work in progress. It's just a tool to give you an idea what the cost could be. Semper Gumby folks. IMHO
It’s not just to give you an idea. Have you ever ordered a vehicle. It is identical Nero pricing to what the dealer has. Negotiate or discount from there.

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You definitely didn’t score a lower price. They didn’t order anything for you yet but very curious why you went ahead and placed a non refundable deposit already?
Because they said they had too many reso's and needed to pair it down to real buyers which I actually understand. I'm okay with that, but I do have a signed build 'contract' stating MSRP and my deposit to secure that pricing.

I have my build printed and signed by the dealer and myself with a $0 auto and a deposit to secure it. IMO I have to pay more, but can have my deposit back if I opt out. I don't even see them willing to fight that given they too have signed it.

Sponsored

Builtdadbodtough

Big Bend
First Name
Dad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wtf.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No it was very hard to believe. Very hard. In fact impossible.

But bad business to leave an error there that long? For sure, no denying that.
I don’t know why it’s hard to believe when it’s right there in writing & it’s all that people have to look at but to each his own. Consider also all of the people who aren’t on this forum and don’t have all the semi insider knowledge that we have here.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee are literally the "Rock Stars" that are doing the Cascading Style Sheets for this B&P... possibly, maybe.
Well, since Neil’s gone, they needed a new hobby, so...

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mike Levine confirmed it in a tweet as well, don’t ask me where to find it but I know it exists. Lol.
Can anyone find a video or tweet or something that has a Ford rep stating the 2.7 and auto for $1895 is a steal or deal? I can’t seem to find it. Not that it matters anymore, but just curious.

edit: I found an answer using the search function. Should have tried that before! Looks like it was a user on here paraphrasing or quoting a Ford rep from one of the recent Bronco showings. If anyone has info on from a higher Ford rep or a post from BN, I’d be interested in seeing that.

emerald86

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, 21 Badlands Bronco, 23 Braptor INBOUND
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure price hasn’t changed for me with squached and lux nothing changed
My Badlands went up by $1,800 or so and was MGV, lux, Sasquatch auto.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On a positive note, it is $10 less than what the survey suggested back on Aug. 25th for 2.7/A-10 on the Badlands...

Ford Bronco Build & Price Updated: Auto No Longer Free For Mid-Level Trim + Other Changes Capture.PNG

unleash the Karens!!!

Sponsored

WCS67

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn't we hear from multiple Ford reps that the 2.7L and auto pricing in the B&P tool was correct?? What gives
I think the BP is still half-baked. When selecting the 2.7 in the power train section it charges extra for the 10 spd tranny, but still shows $0 charge in the summary.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, my Badlands build increased $3600 or so when adding black modular top and automatic trans... The Wildtrak is now actually cheaper similarly equipped. Too bad I prefer the Badlands interior though the floating roof rack might be worth the price increase!

Ford Bronco Build & Price Updated: Auto No Longer Free For Mid-Level Trim + Other Changes Capture.PNG
The Badlands was always going to end up a little higher than the Wildtrak when similarly equipped. You're paying for those steel bumpers, skid plates, rock rails oh and that sway bar disconnect. It's the top of the line model. The Wildtrak just had a higher entry point due to being a OBX with a few popular options standard.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Did you notice the Dual Tops include Roof Rails with Crossbars?
That is a steal LMAO!!!
Only if you want both tops. In my case, the stop top would collect dust in my garage or get cut up for some other project.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure which F-150 you're looking at, but the XL model I configure comes with the 3.3 V6 and the 10-speed auto as standard.
Maybe in 2021. I already said it was a 2020 F150, It’s on Ford’s website. The point was and still is it wasn’t as egregious as some (you) are making it out to be that Ford would price the 2.7L at $1,895 with the 10 speed auto since they did it on other vehicles for less. Now, again, a lot of people knew it was wrong or figured it was but we were trying to find ways to justify it since Ford refused to change or acknowledge the B&P for 2 months. Anyways you said you’ve never seen it and it’s right there for $900 less from the same manufacturer we’re questioning.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone who is surprised or disappointed by this wasn't listening when sensible people tried to explain it had to be a B&P error. As I explained several times before, looking at Ford's other vehicles, there isn't any where you can get an engine and transmission upgrade for that price. The 10-speed auto alone is $1595 on the Mustang. Plus, it didn't explain why on Outer Banks, the 2.7 upgrade cost just as much without the transmission upgrade.

People upset about this are probably the same people that expect a store to sell them a 75" TV for $9 instead of $900 because the tag had a . in the price.
I get your point that errors can be made. Even the price survey had 2.7 & auto at $3500 but consider the case of the Base 4 door. Never had any option but 10sp auto. How can you screw up and publish its base MSRP at B & P launch? It’s a headline number that is just as important as the “ under 30k “. That one alone makes me think there is more to this. Right now the new build is bad. How can no one at Ford not proof these prices by running builds.
Sponsored