Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My manual 2.3L seems like it stayed the same price....
Sponsored

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The overpriced $750 fridge has adjustable temp control for your wine. (However that same fridge is way cheaper online.)

And you don't need a corkscrew if you stick to individual plastic screw-cap bottles of cheap swill.
Get an ARB one ;)

Bauer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Damn.. the basequatch was an awesome deal. Especially the 2 door. I immediately thought this would make the 4-door more attractive because it came with the automatic and was priced at 34,695 including destination. But now that’s been bumped up to $34,795 before destination or $36,290.

That makes the base 4-door $6295 more than the 2-door.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Now that I had over 24 hours to forget about this and think it over, I dont think this is worth me getting upset about anymore, there's nothing I can do to change it and it's certainly not even close to enough to make me cancel my reservation. Yes, it sucks that it took them this long to update b&p and especially taking on the price for the transmission, but it's not like they were gonna give us a free 10 speed auto. And I did bank on that 10 speed being free, but that's really the only the price increase of my build. My BD went from about 42.4k to 44.2k. Considering I'm probably gonna keep this vehicle for as long as I can finacially support it. So with that being said, I don't think the 2k extra is a huge deal for me because I plan to keep this vehicle so long. Obviously, everybody's wants, needs, and financial situation are different so I am not saying how you should be feeling, I just wanted to write about my thoughts now that the sticker shock has passed.

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never really expected for the A10 to come free with the 2.7 or Mid. I always kinda accounted for the extra expense in the back of my mind. But after TWO FUCKING MONTHS of Ford leaving it alone, I let my guard down and started to believe that’s the way it was. The nut punches just keep coming with this launch I swear.
Not to mention @SHLYGRR interviewed a Ford Bronco Product representative in Arizona about this and was quoted:

“Is the 2.7L Auto combination actually $1895? Yes, and it’s a steal.”

International Off-Road Expo: Ford Bronco Q&A

Sponsored

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s sad to say that FCA is doing better with their roll out of the 392 and the 4xe than FMC is doing with the Bronco ?

I don’t want to own a FCA product but...

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I disagree with you, managing the production of an automobile is a team's work and not any team, a huge team, you are making things sounds like it's a 2 dudes shop and they are very busy to focus here and there, that can be true when you are working by yourself in a food truck and have 5 different online ordering platforms running at the same time with orders but with the Bronco there are tons of people/teams/departments working on this, each to his responsibility, the person in charge of rolling B&P isn't the same person or team testing the Bronco in the mountains, sure it's not the same person in charge of the engine and emissions etc... the screw up is on different levels.
If I am not wrong I did read a couple of weeks ago in long questions answered by Ford that the Auto wasn't a mistake and it was legit.
But come on who we are fooling here, it's FORD! one of the biggest losers in the auto industry, one would imagine they will change but it may look hopless.
Well you are reading incorrectly into what I said and then arguing about something I didn't say.

In an earlier post I did suggest putting ourselves in the position of the overall Bronco Program Manager. All program teams are led by a single, top-level executive who is responsible for the entire program. I was suggesting that the minor issues with the B&P, which is in draft as Ford has stated, is of less importance than the larger and far more important issue of preparing the program for production. Production that is affected by the global pandemic.

It's funny, people ask for transparency from large instutions and administrations, and then hate when they actually get it. If Ford had a pricing error in the draft B&P regarding the engine/transmission combination and it's $1,900, then we'll just have to deal with it.

When I priced a Base w/'Squatch, the B&P was $950 different than what my hand calculations indicated it should have been. At the same time, my Black Diamond build was spot on between the B&P tool and my hand calculations, so obviously there was a pricing error in the B&P tool. I took the position that until I actually place my order, there is time to let Ford fix the error. It's not a big deal and far from indicative Ford is unfit for designing and manufacturing automobiles. It's an minor error on a pricing tool on their website.

Last edited:

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fuck it, if I’m gonna pay almost $60k, I might as well drop a 3 year old Range Rover in the mud instead. This price increase and the ugly seats below bl are making me rethink it all.
save money for repairs, you're gonna need it

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fuck it, if I’m gonna pay almost $60k, I might as well drop a 3 year old Range Rover in the mud instead. This price increase and the ugly seats below bl are making me rethink it all.
same boat. About to say fuck it and get a 4Runner or maybe even 2021 defender. Ford has made too many mistakes and the fucking thing isn’t even out yet

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my opinion, this vehicle and options were already over priced for what you get compared to other vehicles on the market. Making it more expensive is not the direction to go if you want to keep people's business. The duration of time from reveal to delivery only makes matters worse when people typically lose interest over time regardless. Add in all the delays, late availability, price increase, etc. and you have a recipe for cancellations.

We were supposed to have placed our orders already before they bumped the date back. Which means they would have adjusted prices on people who had already placed an order. Now we know the order date wasn't changed for any other reason than whoever is in charge of the website is a complete idiot.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford is listening, right? I suggest that anyone who is carrying an extra reservation, drop it this week. Also, we should avoid the B&P website for a couple weeks. They monitor that kind of data and they will see what’s going on. I believe it would be a more effective message than a phone call or email showing one person’s hurt feelings.

How many times can you get kicked in the nuts before you realize you are in the wrong relationship?

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 Door:
$36,050 Black Diamond + 2.7/Auto and Mid Package, SAS = $47,820
$42,095 Badlands + 2.7/Auto and Mid Package, SAS = $51,070

$3,250 more for Badlands with better standard equipment. Only about $55 more per month. It makes it hard to justify going down in trim level and hard to justify the Badlands cost.

Instead of taking time to figure out what color I want, I'll be figuring out if I even want it.

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I haven’t been this angry in a long time. Not because the pricing was so egregious we all knew it made no sense, it’s the way Ford does things!

Any competent company TWO MONTHS AGO could have said, “it’s been brought to our attention there are some pricing errors on the B&P, please be patient while they’re updated.”

Instead we get crickets and then, “oh we just fixed issues.”

1608569900424.gif
correct on all accounts.

The idea that were angry that we're not getting a free transmission is stupid and completely misses the point.

I believed from the day one of B&P that something seemed off about the cost of the packages as they related to the automatic transmission. Everyones saying B&P is broken, this is buggy and that's buggy.

My stance was well has Ford acknowledged any problems? No. Well then its not broken; this is what it is like it or not. Then 2 months later and weeks after ordering was supposed to open up with no warning or statement they drop this bomb.

Yes this is probably the correct pricing and what we should have expected from the being but that doesn't make the way Ford handled it less fucked up.

No one is angry about not getting a freebie. We're frustrated that Ford didn't recognize that this was a glaring error on release of B&P and let it hang out there so long that they no longer have any choice but to take ownership of the fact they fucked up severely but instead have choice to not do so and are losing the confidence of their buyers.

Really? Some of you are so casual about this as if the rest of are wrong make a stink over this. How would you feel if Ford casual walked up to you and shoved a finger in your ass? Would you go 'meh what are you guys crying about its just one finger.'

I've been very positive through all this and extremely forgiving of Fords process but this really makes me nervous about the product I waiting on. I get that a new roll out will have issues but they should have sat on this another six month before taking reservations because they took the cake out of the oven half baked.

That was cathartic. Flame away.
Sponsored