First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
has the B&P team ever heard of a staging site? Build it, test internally, test it with select super-users, fix issues, repeat until debugged/errors caught, THEN release?
this ABSOLUTELY was implemented by an entire team of folks....on their very first day at work. Not just at Ford - their very first day of punching in ANYWHERE
Sponsored

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing personal, I am just trying to squash another 'must be true because everyone posts this' item before it becomes inviolate Scripture.

The difference with the same options between a Bandlands and a Wildtrak (on both the 2 and 4 door) is NOT $2465 cheaper. People are forgetting to add the bash plates and bumper(s) to the Wildtrak to get them as close as you can in options. They only add to the BL to get to the WT. Optioning both so that they are as close as can be ends up as a
$1375 difference. For that difference, you get the MGV over the camo cloth, the sway bar disconnect, the washout floor. If you add the leather on the WT, which is probably closer to the MGV than the cloth, you are $800 better off in the BL.

It just depends on what you want if a hardtop, V6/Automatic is non-negotiable. If you don't want the upgraded bumper, the 'laugh at the rain' interior, non-cloth interior, or the heavier body armor from the factory, then the WT is a huge win for you as you are not paying for stuff you don't want. It is good to have choices.

Full disclosure; I am only here for the manual, if they did not offer it, I would be looking hard at more road biased SUV's. I don't need the capability of a BL, but as I am stuck with it to get the manual and any packages whatsoever, I will have fun with it. (also full disclosure, I don't rally the WRX, I don't loaf along all day at 155 MPH on the highway in the AMG, and I don't drag the footpegs around corners along the Dragon's Tail on the Indian either. All that unused capability...) Come to think of it, I don't really 'need' a hot wife with a firm backside, but here we are...
Nothing personal, but your incorrect. I added the bumper and bashplates and they were optioned identically.
BadLands $56955
Wildtrak $54490
Delta $2465

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, that just put the Bronco price well above a similarly equipped Jeep Wrangler...

We really need X-Plan pricing restored at this rate. Now for is getting in on the "cost reasons" bandwagon before it even hits the dealers "reasons."

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
correct on all accounts.

The idea that were angry that we're not getting a free transmission is stupid and completely misses the point.

I believed from the day one of B&P that something seemed off about the cost of the packages as they related to the automatic transmission. Everyones saying B&P is broken, this is buggy and that's buggy.

My stance was well has Ford acknowledged any problems? No. Well then its not broken; this is what it is like it or not. Then 2 months later and weeks after ordering was supposed to open up with no warning or statement they drop this bomb.

Yes this is probably the correct pricing and what we should have expected from the being but that doesn't make the way Ford handled it less fucked up.

No one is angry about not getting a freebie. We're frustrated that Ford didn't recognize that this was a glaring error on release of B&P and let it hang out there so long that they no longer have any choice but to take ownership of the fact they fucked up severely but instead have choice to not do so and are losing the confidence of their buyers.

Really? Some of you are so casual about this as if the rest of are wrong make a stink over this. How would you feel if Ford casual walked up to you and shoved a finger in your ass? Would you go 'meh what are you guys crying about its just one finger.'

I've been very positive through all this and extremely forgiving of Fords process but this really makes me nervous about the product I waiting on. I get that a new roll out will have issues but they should have sat on this another six month before taking reservations because they took the cake out of the oven half baked.

That was cathartic. Flame away.
Ford Bronco Build & Price Updated: Auto No Longer Free For Mid-Level Trim + Other Changes 1608649324140

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nothing personal, but your incorrect. I added the bumper and bashplates and they were optioned identically.
BadLands $56955
Wildtrak $54490
Delta $2465
Fireman Dave, how were you able to get the sway bar disconnect on the Wildtrack? Or the MGV washout interior? Just curious....

Sponsored

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BadLands $56955
Wildtrak $54490
Delta $2465
The Wildtrak was supposed to include the Black modular hardtop. They lowered the price by that amount since they couldn't deliver them and gave you a MIC hardtop for free on the four door. Since the modular top was standard before, you couldn't remove it. If you add that back, the pricing makes a little more more sense.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Fireman Dave, how were you able to get the sway bar disconnect on the Wildtrack? Or the MGV washout interior? Just curious....
I’m impressed that you own “incorrect”.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

? Mine will be late anyway because I’m waiting until 2022 need to save more money for a down payment. May even have to sell my 77 ?
Whoa... I'm not sure I'd even consider that on the table as a course of action to get this Bronco. I'd rather have the 1st gen. (Assuming 77 Ford Bronco)

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The 8 speed tranny in the JLs is supposedly the best tranny on the market right now. it is made by a german company and is used by several different manufacturers including porsche.
It is the ZF 8speed that is used by most the mainstream luxo brands in tons of applications. But FCA builds theirs under license (not in Germany). I am a big fan - after 3+ years in my laggy Taco the ZF was amazing. Was also a factor for me choosing RAM when came time to replace the truck.

Sponsored

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The 8 speed tranny in the JLs is supposedly the best tranny on the market right now. it is made by a german company and is used by several different manufacturers including porsche.
My 2018 JL is the first Jeep I bought with an automatic (compromise for my wife and the daughter was getting close to driving age), I have grow to really like it. Started as a compromise but now I am happy I went with it.

Last edited:

rhinoamerican

Wildtrak
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My thoughts are all over the place after seeing these changes on the B&P.

On the one hand, the optimist in me is thinking, Ford said the B&P was going to be updated after the New Year, so maybe the changes are in process, not yet completed and we'll get a final B&P with the real prices in January 2021.

Then on the other hand, the cynic in me thinks Ford has been using the November and December B&P as a "live survey" to gauge what trims, options, packages etc. are the most popular and are adjusting prices up to reflect the demand. If this is the case, then I am really pissed off.

There is a disconnect between the R&D/Engineering/Marketing departments and the bean counters. At launch the R&D/Engineering/Marketing departments got us super-excited about owning one of these Jeep-Killers. As a result Ford got over "190,000" reservations. I believe the accounting department saw this as an opportunity to gouge a captive audience.

If this price increase goes live, then I really have to consider do I want to spend $63,000 for a fully loaded Bronco? I originally configured my Bronco at around $58,000 and now Ford is just saying, "Hey, what's another $5,000?" Well, Ford, if you're listening, I might go against my better judgment and still spend $63,000 on what I want but I'll tell you I will refuse to spend anything further on Ford accessories. I'll give all my money to all the third party aftermarket manufacturers instead.

Now excuse me while I get a beer and wash this bitter taste out of my mouth.

Hokie_98

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW M2, 2019 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I've been going back and forth between all the options, and thought I had settled on the 2 door BL, mostly because of the MGV interior, but now the WT just became a much better deal than the BL. It's just that interior is terrible. How hard is it to offer a solid color MGV option for the other trims? The camo cloth and 2 tone options are really awful, yuck. If they offered the MGV in solid black (like the BL currently), tan, blue, or red, it would be awesome. Guess I'm less concerned about the bumper and bash plates as those are easy to upgrade (do it yourself). I know a Katzkin interior is an option, and installed one on my FJ Cruiser back in 2007 for about $1,000 at the time, but hate the idea of scrapping the factory interior.
Sponsored