Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You assumed correctly 77 Ranger uncut a true survivor
That's great! Enjoy that rig. I grew up with one like in my avatar, 1966 1/2 cab Bronco, and my parents loved that thing. They had to get rid of it due to family hardship back in the mid 80's, but every time I look at these my mind wonders to that 66 wondering if I could get it back. Good luck figuring out your path, but enjoy that 77!
Sponsored

CinciGP

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`72 Jeep CJ6, `04 Jeep Rubicon, '18 Jeep JLU sport, `09 Mercedes CLK550
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think i just figured this out. Ford get us to debug the bonco B&P for free!!! And the people on this site, are most likely more knowledgeable on the product then their programmers are!!!!

Hokie_98

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW M2, 2019 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Also, I'm pretty much only in to the 2 door (just not in to the look of the 4 door), and just did a build on a 2021 Defender 90. Making it a 6 seater with the awesome jump seat option, and sticking with the equally awesome steel wheels and just a few options (you can actually get a green one with a white top) brings the price to $55K. The interior on the Defender 90 is way nicer, but of course it's not a Bronco. The Wildtrack I built is at roughly $51K (and still has a shit interior), and only seats 4. The BL I previously built was about $51K, but is now almost $54K with the "update". This is a conundrum!! Come on Ford, help us out here at least with the interior options. Ugh.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I suspect that Ford is fine tuning their numbers to maximize profit. Maximum sales don't always yield maximum profits. Anticipated sales volume may require excessive labor and hard costs that makes it more profitable to produce a lower volume for 2021 and 2022.

So in this case, the only way to make more $ is not to produce more vehicles, but rather increase the price of the vehicles being produced.

I went through all of this stuff in business school and as a business owner. Ford probably has 100's of accountants determining the number of Broncos that need to be produced to maximize profit.

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's great! Enjoy that rig. I grew up with one like in my avatar, 1966 1/2 cab Bronco, and my parents loved that thing. They had to get rid of it due to family hardship back in the mid 80's, but every time I look at these my mind wonders to that 66 wondering if I could get it back. Good luck figuring out your path, but enjoy that 77!
I have a aging 06 F150 that is going to need to be replaced and I have always been a fan of the Bronco. I’m on my 3rd 1st gen Bronco and really love the looks of this new one, I just wish Ford would package some of there options a little differently.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford probably has 100's of accountants determining the number of Broncos that need to be produced to maximize profit.
You don't need legions of bean counters to count empty bean jars.

If Ford doesn't shift some resources into IT and Communications soon, they're gonna snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I find it interesting that we all value the MGV seats as much more expensive than the cloth seats. Yet, Ford does not.

The B&P leather upgrade over MGV on the BL is $2,195 which is exactly the same as the leather upgrade over cloth on an OBX or a Wildtrack.

Maybe the cost for the $10 plug in the floor of the leather optioned BD exactly matches the actual cost of the MGV fabric over cloth fabric?

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a aging 06 F150 that is going to need to be replaced and I have always been a fan of the Bronco. I’m on my 3rd 1st gen Bronco and really love the looks of this new one, I just wish Ford would package some of there options a little differently.
In the same boat actually, I have an 04 F150 that I'm trying to decide if I'll keep or not (leaning towards not keeping). I agree on the options/packaging situation as well. I'm back to thinking Base and building this out to be something similar to the Black Diamond over time. I won't know for sure until Ford is done tinkering with B&P or the order banks open with the dealer. They should have the most accurate information to give me, if I'm ordering the darn thing (I hope...). Hahaha

But, I'm also considering Black Diamond and Badlands with nothing added to them. Who knows, I'm back to square one on this thing.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
correct on all accounts.

The idea that were angry that we're not getting a free transmission is stupid and completely misses the point.

I believed from the day one of B&P that something seemed off about the cost of the packages as they related to the automatic transmission. Everyones saying B&P is broken, this is buggy and that's buggy.

My stance was well has Ford acknowledged any problems? No. Well then its not broken; this is what it is like it or not. Then 2 months later and weeks after ordering was supposed to open up with no warning or statement they drop this bomb.

Yes this is probably the correct pricing and what we should have expected from the being but that doesn't make the way Ford handled it less fucked up.

No one is angry about not getting a freebie. We're frustrated that Ford didn't recognize that this was a glaring error on release of B&P and let it hang out there so long that they no longer have any choice but to take ownership of the fact they fucked up severely but instead have choice to not do so and are losing the confidence of their buyers.

Really? Some of you are so casual about this as if the rest of are wrong make a stink over this. How would you feel if Ford casual walked up to you and shoved a finger in your ass? Would you go 'meh what are you guys crying about its just one finger.'

I've been very positive through all this and extremely forgiving of Fords process but this really makes me nervous about the product I waiting on. I get that a new roll out will have issues but they should have sat on this another six month before taking reservations because they took the cake out of the oven half baked.

That was cathartic. Flame away.
Good Lord man, adjusting the price on a draft B&P is not sticking a finger up your ass. Drama Queen much?

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Fuck it, if I’m gonna pay almost $60k, I might as well drop a 3 year old Range Rover in the mud instead. This price increase and the ugly seats below bl are making me rethink it all.
The Bronco is getting to be sorta like that cute girlfriend, nice to look at, but sometimes just not worth the trouble.

Last edited:

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good Lord man, adjusting the price on a draft B&P is not sticking a finger up your ass. Drama Queen much?
That’s what you took away from his post?

Ford Bronco Build & Price Updated: Auto No Longer Free For Mid-Level Trim + Other Changes 1608655226334

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco is getting to be sorta like that cute girlfriend, nice to look at but sometimes just not worth the trouble.
Dem skirtz do

Ford Bronco Build & Price Updated: Auto No Longer Free For Mid-Level Trim + Other Changes 1608655273594
Sponsored