Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How?

edit: I see you are in Canada. Don’t know what the prices are there and if they are really that screwed up. USA is about $1200 difference (BL pricier) with MVG vs cloth, and black appearance items vs sway bar disconnect.
To give you an example without destination charges of 2k.
WT 2dr is 56 494 // 4dr is 59 994
BL with same basic equipment to match a WT is 2DR 62 994 // 4dr is 67289
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

These 285/70R17 Territories have been designed and built specifically for the Ford Badlands. They are not available anywhere else and haven't been grabbed off the rack like the K02s have.. Bespoke tires have a cost associated with them. I imagine they will perform well.
Yeah the Wrangler Rubicon KM2s were bespoke, and they lasted about 25000 miles, were noisy as hell, and cost more than larger off the shelf KOs and Duratracs. (Also, Jeep's mud tires are a no cost option to the standard ATs.)

I may do the wheels, because they are a decent value for getting to beadlock capable. However, to do a wider tire in the future, I would need either 1" spacers or new wheels with 25MM less offset to get the clearance the Sasquatch wheels have. It may be better to sit on stock wheels and look for Sasquatch take offs or aftermarket.

Rubicon wheel and tire options FWIW:
Ford Bronco Build & Price Updated: Auto No Longer Free For Mid-Level Trim + Other Changes Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 10.27.19 AM

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been looking into them .. I actually quite like the look of the new 4Runner TRD Pro - but all the reviews I've read mention how outdated the engine is, as well as the interior... and it sounds like the engine is not very fuel efficient compared to other similar options that are out these days.. so perhaps the 4Runner is not on the table right now (for me).
I have the 2017 TRD Off Road with stock wheels and suspension. Was waiting to upgrade until I saw how the Bronco was going to play out. If it works, I'm in a Bronco, if it doesn't I'll upgrade the 4Runner. Real world mix of 80% city and 20% highway I'm around 17mpg on 87 octane. It's not great but this engine has a history that is hard to argue with on reliability.

Bauer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think Ford thought these prices changes will push more people into buying a higher trim.

Hey, if I add Sasquatch to a Black Diamond I’m firmly in badlands territory. I should just get that.

Instead it’s pushing me toward a cheaper 4 door base BD, or 2-door base base rather than pay the premium.

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
The math doesn’t add up. My bronco build is base+sasq+2.7/auto trans. According to their price sheet those options equal 10,875. -BUT- also according to their price sheet the 2.7 is 1895, the auto is 1595 and the sasq is 4995. Which only equals 8485. A difference of 2390. Either they’re updating the B/P site and there’s flaws in it or they’re trying to squeeze more money out of us. Which to me is ridiculous. If you want to charge for the auto as an upgrade then you should have the capability to pair the manual with the 2.7L, without being charged.

Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The math doesn’t add up. My bronco build is base+sasq+2.7/auto trans. According to their price sheet those options equal 10,875. -BUT- also according to their price sheet the 2.7 is 1895, the auto is 1595 and the sasq is 4995. Which only equals 8485. A difference of 2390. Either they’re updating the B/P site and there’s flaws in it or they’re trying to squeeze more money out of us. Which to me is ridiculous. If you want to charge for the auto as an upgrade then you should have the capability to pair the manual with the 2.7L, without being charged.
It’s a price mistake. More info here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...bend-sasquatch-pricing-should-be-7-385.10300/

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if race car drivers, off and on road use autos, its good enough for me.
engineering wise, only dragsters use planetary transmissions, but paddle shifting manuals are widespread in F1, rallycross, among other things. Even a professional driver cannot match a computer for speed and smoothness.
So, you're saying that race car drivers generally use manual transmissions, not automatics as originally stated. ;)

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, we are now up to 80 pages stating that there is no longer a free transmission with the Bronco, ok then, carry on! :ROFLMAO:
The whole Bronco including the transmission should be free. What am I paying taxes for if it isn’t? ?

Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Our broncos just went up on price!
I am getting dangerously close to my tipping point. It seems to me that Ford is not interested in selling their 190k Bronco reservations (which is completely stupid from a business point of view). I think they are intentionally trying to get people to cancel their current reservations because they have over-promised and know they are going to under-deliver. My BaseSquatch fully optioned out increased in price by over $4k, which puts me solidly in the mid-$40k range (for a Base 2-Door!!!!!!!!). For that price point, I may as well get a brand-new (or close to brand-new) TRD Off Road Tacoma or 4Runner, put a full 3 inch suspension lift with 35s on it and will still be competing price-wise with the Bronco (at the optioned Base level). At least then I'm guaranteed at least 400k out of the powertrain and will have a proven overlanding rig. I don't know guys, this is getting tough as Ford keeps ripping the carpet out from under our feet.