First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just did another build on my OB and the price when up $500 couldn't find it in the options list then I noticed the base price was going up with some option adds. WTF
Sponsored

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

B&P chaos is just baffling & stupid on Ford's part. One would *think* that after so much time in R&D, planning & development of the vehicle itself including production tooling & EVERYTHING....they could have directed some attention to a B&P that is fully ready, or pricing in general...me feels that the Devil is in the dollars -- or, plain 'ol GREED driving this. And no surprise that in the end, it's US who TAKE IT in the end. Not a Ford confidence builder, not at all....'Maybe' even a deal breaker.

Biscolu

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5 2015, Porsche Cayman 2019
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I cannot justify paying over 60 K for a Ford. Time to get a sweet ride from somewhere else

BTEC

First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is getting crazy with the pricing and options! How do we (consumer) know if we are getting a good deal on our Broncos? Delays in delivery, option pricing increases, missing options on trim levels. Does Ford have control of this build or not? Is this how other car makers handle new builds?
I've never built a car before or been on a reservation list for one and wanted to get thoughts from the forum.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is getting crazy with the pricing and options! How do we (consumer) know if we are getting a good deal on our Broncos? Delays in delivery, option pricing increases, missing options on trim levels. Does Ford have control of this build or not? Is this how other car makers handle new builds?
I've never built a car before or been on a reservation list for one and wanted to get thoughts from the forum.
I've factory ordered a couple of trucks. In the past, it was sit down, spec it, and 6 - 8 weeks later, it came in and I closed the deal. This is totally different, brand new vehicle, reservations, and a pandemic. Shit's gonna happen. I don't make the waves, just ride them...

Sponsored

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm thinking the manual transmission wont hold up with the big tire Package Sasquatch. Maybe there are reports coming in about the two . With it being Chinese made it's very possible .
Why are they offering that combo then?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Basically it was a case of false advertising and not taking responsibility for the screw up .Ford should honor reservation holders original build cost, or give assesory credits for ad ons . If Ford would just offer the Manual tranny in any build , seems it would solve some problems with unhappy customers . Ford is not giving us the Auto for free , they are telling us we have to take it , if we want a V 6 or Sqatched package , besides the Auto tranny is not a a new build as the manual 7 speed is which new development always cost more .Possibly the price increase could have something to do with modifications that need to be made to the Auto , since it is not yet set up for flat towing as Ford has also promised , I am sure they know if they do not get the Auto flat towable they will loose more orders .
I mean, they did just announce additional Ford Points... so like, we cool, right?

Therackmount

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 4or supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Base
I mean, they did just announce additional Ford Points... so like, we cool, right?
Heard it was like 300 points towards maintenance or something , not sure .Not going to make up for a couple k more for my base build .If they do not make things right I will be canceling my order and waiting to see what changes are made for 2022 models .

Therackmount

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 4or supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Base
I never like buying first year production ,

they have jumped the gun on to many things , created a lot of hype and created a bunch of drama . To many marketing mistakes .I would have thought that before the build and price went live that it would have been reviewed by top Ford executives checked and double checked for errors before going live , not professional at all for a huge Automaker . It seems a ton of people are still willing to shovel out as much cash as it takes to get there hands on one .I want one ,don't get me wrong , but overpaying for a rig that has not proven itself and is still undergoing build changes that will likely be going on right up to the last minute sounds like a recipe for disaster .I think this competition thing with Jeep is just a hurry up and out sell the other guy thing , Jeeps have never been that reliable , belief me I have one , Ford should have built the damn thing ,tested the hell out of it , made a couple motor and tranny options you could mix and choose and added basic to high end option packages that make sense , this thing has just turned into a cluster F .As one article I read said , buying one of these Broncos will not be a good investment , do to over pricing , no incentives as other models and other automakers are doing on there models , sales are down and prices are down on most vehicles , and here we are ready to empty our wallets on one of these little toys in a time of crisis , expect to take it in the shorts if you sell it in a couple yrs , or keep it forever if you like it , then it is not to bad I guess .

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have owned a bunch of trucks and cars in the past ,there were always rules you kinda stuck to when buying
Never buy first year
Never test drive in the rain.
If buying used demand car is cold when you arrive not all warmed up.
Dont get emotionally involved with it before purchase. Theres plenty more but this bronco checks a bunch of the boxes for me.
Im hoping for the best ,its not exactly the was i envisioned it (5.0,manual) but i think it will be fun ,hang in there gang lets see what happens ! Aug is a long way off who knows whats in store?

Therackmount

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 4or supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep wait and see .I have had 6 ford trucks , a 65 mustang , an 86 5.0 capri and a couple other fords , my Trucks have all given me over 200 k miles with hardly any issues whatsoever , still have three with 215 to 240 + miles on them , never been in the shop .So I have always been a ford guy , it kills me to see the path Ford is going down with this Bronco things , just build a good solid capable rig and it will sell, treat your customers well and you will have a hit , just basics .Hopefully by 2022 these things will be dialed in and a good value.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The thing that has me not terribly worried about first year model is the Ranger platform with the 2.7 and 10A are all proven.

Therackmount

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 4or supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Base
The thing that has me not terribly worried about first year model is the Ranger platform with the 2.7 and 10A are all proven.
Yes I guess the six is pretty good , I opted for the coyote v 8 in my 2015 super crew 4x4 , always been leery on turbos , when they go out it's not cheap ,and the v 8 is quite a bit simpler , and easy to work on , plugs and oil changes are cake ,lots of working space . Have had no issues with motor or 6 speed auto ,216 k miles .Always bought sticks in the past , if I buy a Bronco with an Auto I want it flat towable , I have heard they are working on that ,apparently it is not dialed in yet , once again , they should not have advertised it as flat towable until it is
Sure they will get it done ,hope there are no compromises on strength or quality , if so put a 6 or 8 in it until it's dialed in .
Sponsored