Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To say I’m disappointed in Ford would be an understatement. I am also disappointed in a lot of people on this forum for trying to defend Ford and shame those who think 1600 dollars is a lot of money. For a lot of people myself included, 1600 dollars is a lot of money, and for others it is pocket change. I would be singing a whole different tune if manuals were standard in all Fords vehicles, but they are not. The Automatic is the only thing you get in most of Ford’s vehicles. Ford needs to make this right they are blowing it. Its January and we still don’t know if the build and price page is complete, and we still have no idea how the new dealer allocation system is going to work. I am not looking to argue about this. I just want to give my opinion on the matter. Hopefully Ford sees this.
Sponsored

Harry

Outer Banks
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks, Wrangler 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
4xe is a disaster waiting to happen.
Ford would have been better off offering a PHEV in the initial offering. It will take some sales away but it won't be a disaster. With the amount of interest the new Bronco has Ford doesn't need to go there yet. Gas is still cheap right now and most have forgotten what $4/gallon feels like. By the time gas prices recover, Ford will have a PHEV Bronco or at least one to pre-order.

The 4xe will be on dealer lots before the Bronco though and reservation holders are getting increasingly impatient.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After being away over the holidays I took some time and digested (some) of this thread. What a wild rollercoaster.

So many emotions. So many cancellations. So many engines. So many changes. So many problems. So many comments.

Classic Ford. Classic B6G.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would have thought that before the build and price went live that it would have been reviewed by top Ford executives checked and double checked for errors before going live , not professional at all for a huge Automaker
If Ford needs top executIves to catch the kind of pricing mistakes they let go live then we are in a lot of trouble. Pretty much every aspect of designing and producing a vehicle is harder than the proofing required to catch “free auto transmissions for everyone (almost)!”

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If Ford needs top executIves to catch the kind of pricing mistakes they let go live then we are in a lot of trouble. Pretty much every aspect of designing and producing a vehicle is harder than the proofing required to catch “free auto transmissions for everyone (almost)!”
Agreed - the free trans debacle & ensuing other B&P nonsense seems like just a simple ruse to herd us cattle to the salt lick before the slaughter. Shame on Ford. Again.

Sponsored

Jordan4bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Either the Build and Price is still super buggy, they are rushing too quickly, or being a little shady. My build is like $8k more than it was a couple months ago. I have built an Outer Banks three times tonight with the same options and got three different prices.

lewisbrett

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sas; 2019 Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the B&P is still wonky. I built out a 4-Door Badlands Squatch and added the Lux package and on the summary it lists the price of the Lux as $0.

Ford Bronco Build & Price Updated: Auto No Longer Free For Mid-Level Trim + Other Changes 1610547032604

roxbury29

Wildtrak
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/JK 4dr. Wrangler/Flex/Mazda6
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To keep it in perspective, you can get a 40 k bronco and you can also get a 70+k f-150
That's true. And my nearly 10 year old wrangler is worth more than my F150. Hopefully the broncos will hold up as well!
And $40k,$70k are still a lot of cash.
Especially when we cannot even drive one for another 6 months or longer, I really hope it all works out so I can get a 2022 bronco.
Sponsored