Sponsored

Build & Price | Who failed/LIED? Marketing or Product management?

firsttimefordbuyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Product managers & engineer failure or did marketing show all of these options and just LIED to the market?
- As a product manager, use cases, rules, test cases, and QA are critical
- 2X/3x+ testing to ensure enough infrastructure is in place.

I'm embarrassed for this team. First, the rules in place for some of the B&P options contradict what was promised! . If you have a 2.3 you can add a roof rack but if you change the powertrain to 2.7 you have to delete it. You guys have listed a ton of other ones that are just either stupid business rules handed off to engineering or a ton of QA bugs that should have been caught prior to going into production.

A few examples: If I choose a different engine, I can't have paint protection film? Did anyone QA this? The list is long with failures! There is ZERO % change business gave these rules! This is a joke honestly and goes against marketing dollars that promoted all the ways you could build your bronco.

View attachment 52823
Ford Bronco Build & Price | Who failed/LIED? Marketing or Product management? 1603429371839
Ford Bronco Build & Price | Who failed/LIED? Marketing or Product management? 1603429338127

200 accessories? Building your rig the way they advertised options. What a F'ing joke Ford. Should have delayed it another 1-2 iterations if you can't launch this correctly.

I'm not building S)*&* tonight as I'm sure some of these rules aren't accurate.
Super excited about the Bronco and can't wait to build mine but you need to get your S)*^! together first!
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

KobeStyle

Outer Banks
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370Z
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wasn't expecting it to be perfect, but I do feel lied to with all the marketing. feels like a giant let down and it just doesn't feel special anymore. I hope they are going to be adding stuff over the next month to help bring it close to what was advertised.

Hoping I'll feel better about this in a few days, but not really feeling that value for money like I used to if I can't order it like I want from the get-go.

Last edited:

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Other than pricing I was not hoping to get much out of this, may be a few more accessories.

spyderman01

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Base
Other than pricing I was not hoping to get much out of this, may be a few more accessories.
Exactly. We have the basic pricing and option costs confirmed. The contingencies aren't worked out, but hopefully those will get fixed.
Sponsored