Sponsored

Build quality absolute garbage (Closed due to insults)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"Build Quality?" How about "someone over torqued a nut, damaging the paint?" There are 27,932 operations in a build. You are trying to globally discredit all of them for one, tiny cosmetic problem? That's why I seldom, if ever, come here anymore.
That's a bit intentionally ignorant on your part in my opinion. The list is long of QC issues with these (expensive) vehicles. $30k or $60k or $80K. The things that are not done well (on too many vehicles) reads like a car building errors 101 tutorial. They're not the majority, bur far too many mistakes for a vehicle 10 plus years in the planning, covid or not.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think your mistake was spending $62k. It's not a $60k vehicle - thankfully. I'm spending half of what you did.

If wanting perfect looks and accoutrements this is not the vehicle for that, although Ford is happy to take the money.
If that is your argument, then no ford is $60k. Not even the raptors not even the f150 king ranch not even the f250 king ranch. I think this is an argument that people who went base model make, to justify their base purchase.

Allot of broncos out thereā€¦how many have over torqued bolts like this? First post I have seen about it. Regarding the paint blemish, ask any detailer and they will tell you it happens to every car brand, even the top end germans.

Have you seen wranglers price tag. Your at 70k for a rubicon before leaving the lot. Range Rover defenderā€¦your at 80k before leaving the lot. Then have to come back the next day for a check engine light. Do people say ā€œthe defender isnt a 80k vehicleā€, no they donā€™t. But you will be at the dealer for repairs allot more then you will with a bronco. And it costs $20-30k more. šŸ¤”. So why again is it not a 60k vehicle? I owned the wrangler JL before the bronco. I know it in and out. And almost purchased a loaded defender but ended up going bronco. I dont think its off price when compared to its competitors. Stop trying to justify your base model purchase on other people who did not want roll up windows.

As if getting a base bronco would have ensured no paint issues šŸ¤£.

OP. After this is all figured out, your going to love your loaded Wildtrack.

Last edited:

Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That paint is pretty ass. Haven't had any of those issues with my 22 Badlands.

The hype and excessive demand probably led to poorer QC as 2021-2022 supply chain issues mounted, as Ford tried to keep up. Being an American manufacturer, quality only needs to he good enough to sell, not to last.

I've had a 4Runner and 4 Tacoma, and none of them had a single issue. Still haven't. ToyotaCare is almost a joke, because it's totally unnecessary under most circumstances, but I'm definitely considering a Ford Extended Warranty. It's a better bet than trusting Ford's build quality.
I got the esp from granger. My first ford and $1300 for 7 years / 100k of bumper to bumper seemed reasonable. Make sure to get it from granger as their prices are truly the lowest. Sells online. Sure you have seen the posts about it. Cheers!!!

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know I work for the dealer lol, I just needed to vent I actually had it there today installing keypad, splashguards, oh and the weather stripping on pass side roof panel was coming off so I had them try and reseal that lmao
Iā€™m hoping they resolve the hardtop quality issues (rain water drip, sound deadening glue, availability) before mine gets produced, which is probably next year. This ongoing hardtop issue is going on THREE years and Ford should have fixed it by now. Embarrassing and bad for business, obviously.
I can't wait for these pieces of junk to start hitting the second hand market in a few years so I can pick one up dirt cheap and hot rod the hell out of it!
Thatā€™s probably going to happen!šŸŽšŸš˜

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Build Quality?" How about "someone over torqued a nut, damaging the paint?" There are 27,932 operations in a build. You are trying to globally discredit all of them for one, tiny cosmetic problem? That's why I seldom, if ever, come here anymore.
Because you cant handle the reality that Ford is crap and has horrible build quality?

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the problem with Ford, and any other manufacturers, trying to make one vehicle to meet the Base model expectations and only adding components--that many in the off-road community regard as DIY or local shop accessories--and charging MSRPs that have people cross-shopping Land Rover.

90% of every Bronco is a $35K vehicle and manufactured to those standards. The Base models run down the line the Wildtraks do and Ford doesn't separate them out and take a scanning tunneling microscope to the paint on the Broncos that will be priced twice as much as a Base. It's a similar story with Lincolns, which I sold alongside Fords back in the day, and the paint is the paint and always will look like that from the factory.

*Those bolts being over-torqued is one of my soapbox talking points about why we need more robots in American manufacturing and fewer humans. You can argue pro-union and living wage, etc. all you want but it hasn't stopped foreign manufacturing from absolutely crushing ours. Jimmy Uggadugga's 80K/yr salary with benefits for screwing your paint up could've been saved over the past 20yrs and a better paint system employed, but no.
**Yes, that money would've probably gone to the C-suite but their crap is being supported by the stock market gamblers--yes, it's just legalized gambling.

Thank you. If not you, it woulda been me
That's... also what she said?

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Come on now, cheer up chap. :)

Have noticed youā€™ve been quiet. Donā€™t abandon the prison to all the asylum inmates.

I donā€™t get the cosmetic talk about a vehicle meant to get dirty, regularly, but whatever. Sure, that nut was overdone, but no one is perfect. Iā€™m more interested in how mine drives and I love it.

So come on back and keep posting. Rather read your posts than all the grip threads any day of the week.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Nike swoosh on my hood where a hose must have slid across before the clear coat application. Ceramic coating made it pretty hard to see, but at the right angle itā€™s obvious. Probably 2 feet long and 1.5ā€ wide in spots so not a small thing.

Iā€™ve decided living with it is better than having the hood stripped and painted by Fordā€™s local body shop.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've had a few alignment issues which were easily fixed, but the paint is flawless, better than my last new car (Toyota). Of course when you tighten bolts on a painted service the paint can crack. I've been careful and this has not happened. Removable roof, doors etc. has compromises. If you can't deal with it get a fixed roof vehicle.

Last edited:

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My $.02 on Toyota paint: it is ass - maybe the worst in the industry. Like most people said, in the last few years every manufacturer has had issues with QC. This is why I kept my build simple, and have had no issues after 18K miles and almost two years.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.