Sponsored

Build quality absolute garbage (Closed due to insults)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sac109r

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 WildTrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For starters love my 23 Wildtrak hardtop, happy wife happy life lol, but man oh man the paint, and fit finish is absolutely horrendous, huge run/dirt in paint driver side rocker the hardtop on driver side came off perfect first time and now is a pain in the ass to remove , I shouldn't have to fight with it to remove, pass side as of now is perfect. Went to check out the locations where the pins go and I find cracked peeling paint. I Just donā€™t get it, with all the hype and scarcity of these vehicles and long wait/build times you would think they would be damn near flawless. To boot I sell Fords for a living. Yes I know Iā€™m crying over spilled milk and ford will warranty it, but thatā€™s not the point, for a $62k vehicle shouldnā€™t have these issues after ownership of 7 days. Ok Rant Over

IMG_8366.jpeg

IMG_8381.jpeg

IMG_8382.jpeg
Sponsored

Baerkeeper

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Basequatch | 2020 Miata RF
Your Bronco Model
Base
62k is what you paid for the model you purchased.... my 44k Bronco do not exhibit those problems sorry to say.

Take it to the dealer and give them a chance to make it right.

Lastly remember Base Bronco started at 30k or so..... a 90k Bronco share mostly the same structure......

OP
OP
Sac109r

Sac109r

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 WildTrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
62k is what you paid for the model you purchased.... my 44k Bronco do not exhibit those problems sorry to say.

Take it to the dealer and give them a chance to make it right.

Lastly remember Base Bronco started at 30k or so..... a 90k Bronco share mostly the same structure......

I know I work for the dealer lol, I just needed to vent I actually had it there today installing keypad, splashguards, oh and the weather stripping on pass side roof panel was coming off so I had them try and reseal that lmao

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
For starters love my 23 Wildtrak hardtop, happy wife happy life lol, but man oh man the paint, and fit finish is absolutely horrendous, huge run/dirt in paint driver side rocker the hardtop on driver side came off perfect first time and now is a pain in the ass to remove , I shouldn't have to fight with it to remove, pass side as of now is perfect. Went to check out the locations where the pins go and I find cracked peeling paint. I Just donā€™t get it, with all the hype and scarcity of these vehicles and long wait/build times you would think they would be damn near flawless. To boot I sell Fords for a living. Yes I know Iā€™m crying over spilled milk and ford will warranty it, but thatā€™s not the point, for a $62k vehicle shouldnā€™t have these issues after ownership of 7 days. Ok Rant Over

Ford Bronco Build quality absolute garbage (Closed due to insults) IMG_8382

I think your mistake was spending $62k. It's not a $60k vehicle - thankfully. I'm spending half of what you did.

If wanting perfect looks and accoutrements this is not the vehicle for that, although Ford is happy to take the money.

Sponsored

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

"Build Quality?" How about "someone over torqued a nut, damaging the paint?" There are 27,932 operations in a build. You are trying to globally discredit all of them for one, tiny cosmetic problem? That's why I seldom, if ever, come here anymore.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I work at a Tint and PPF shop and I see bad paint on almost every car we have in, most recently we had a 2024 Kia Stinger Tribute #714 of 1000 and it has a lump like that on the passenger side of the hood. Just seems to be a normal thing with manufacturers lately. Unfortunately.

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hell my last Gladiator came with a factory dent in the bed above the fuel door. and I know a guy that just bought a new silverado high country and two of his window seals leak unfortunately Sanbergo is right

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry Sand I forgot the d

Sponsored

Beach Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Look at the location of the Ford assembly plant and the workers employed there... and we wonder about the inferior quality of our Broncos!!! šŸ˜€

I wish my Bronco was built with the engineering, subcomponent quality, skill, and pride of a Toyota.

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That paint is pretty ass. Haven't had any of those issues with my 22 Badlands.

The hype and excessive demand probably led to poorer QC as 2021-2022 supply chain issues mounted, as Ford tried to keep up. Being an American manufacturer, quality only needs to he good enough to sell, not to last.

I've had a 4Runner and 4 Tacoma, and none of them had a single issue. Still haven't. ToyotaCare is almost a joke, because it's totally unnecessary under most circumstances, but I'm definitely considering a Ford Extended Warranty. It's a better bet than trusting Ford's build quality.

ElonMuk

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the vehicles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As some have mentioned above it is various manufacturers. I work in the autobody industry. I have seen various fit, finish and build quality issues on just about any make/model. Best of luck getting it all fixed up

Status
Not open for further replies.