Sponsored

Build quality absolute garbage (Closed due to insults)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't had my Bronco in for any service yet, but when I do I'm going to ask them to totally realign the hood -- every gap all the way around is ridiculously different -- and repaint the fuel door, which has the thinnest color coat imaginable and obviously stands out from the quarter panel in any amount of light (it was cloudy/overcast when I picked it up). Ordinarily I'd be worried about the dealership repainting anything, but they could not make the fuel door look any worse by painting it separate from the panel. I'm not going to have them remove the glob of junk from the bottom of the passenger front door, because that could create a new problem.

The panel alignment and paint on these vehicles is a 3 out of 10.
Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I find it difficult to understand why some individuals are attempting to defend or ignore the reality that Ford's quality is SHIT subpar.
It's my first Ford, ever. Coming from a history of Lexus and Wrangler ownership. I was the guy that always made fun of Ford owners (Found on Road Ditch) type comments. And I do 100% agree that it is the worst build quality of any vehicle I have owned. But on the other hand it's also the most enjoyable vehicle I have ever owned and I can't seem to tell why. Im not too worried about the small cosmetic stuff (yes, it should not be there in the first place). Im more so worried about the mechanical issues, like the cam phaser problems that have been popping up. Fingers crossed.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Because you cant handle the reality that Ford is crap and has horrible build quality?
No because I don't A) assume one minor, cosmetic problem means an entire vehicle is "garbage". And B) because I don't attack everyone anonymously that I don't agree with, way out of proportion to the discussion. So no, I'm not under 35 years old and a little whiner.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a couple of paint defects (all in the same area) that i'm having fixed under warranty (sort of a pain so far but it will get resolved) otherwise mine has is super tight and everything works great. Any chance you over torqued the bolts on the roof? Either way i'm sure Ford will take care of it. The paint issue is frustrating in that QC didn't see it, but other than that, I'm actually overly impressed after seeing all of the people talk about problems on here... mine is put together very well.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I haven't had my Bronco in for any service yet, but when I do I'm going to ask them to totally realign the hood -- every gap all the way around is ridiculously different -- and repaint the fuel door, which has the thinnest color coat imaginable and obviously stands out from the quarter panel in any amount of light (it was cloudy/overcast when I picked it up). Ordinarily I'd be worried about the dealership repainting anything, but they could not make the fuel door look any worse by painting it separate from the panel. I'm not going to have them remove the glob of junk from the bottom of the passenger front door, because that could create a new problem.

The panel alignment and paint on these vehicles is a 3 out of 10.
I have 2 Broncos, and I have been extremely fortunate on both so far, as I don't have these build quality issues.

That said, I have seen plenty of examples to know that they exist.

The worst kind of quality is inconsistent quality. Easier to deal with something that you are sure is crap vs having to play wackamole and look at 28,000 operations trying to figure out who didn't care today.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.