Sponsored

Build quality absolute garbage (Closed due to insults)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KTP 30

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wildtrak 23 Bas Squatch 93 Mustang 87 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is the problem with Ford, and any other manufacturers, trying to make one vehicle to meet the Base model expectations and only adding components--that many in the off-road community regard as DIY or local shop accessories--and charging MSRPs that have people cross-shopping Land Rover.

90% of every Bronco is a $35K vehicle and manufactured to those standards. The Base models run down the line the Wildtraks do and Ford doesn't separate them out and take a scanning tunneling microscope to the paint on the Broncos that will be priced twice as much as a Base. It's a similar story with Lincolns, which I sold alongside Fords back in the day, and the paint is the paint and always will look like that from the factory.

*Those bolts being over-torqued is one of my soapbox talking points about why we need more robots in American manufacturing and fewer humans. You can argue pro-union and living wage, etc. all you want but it hasn't stopped foreign manufacturing from absolutely crushing ours. Jimmy Uggadugga's 80K/yr salary with benefits for screwing your paint up could've been saved over the past 20yrs and a better paint system employed, but no.
**Yes, that money would've probably gone to the C-suite but their crap is being supported by the stock market gamblers--yes, it's just legalized gambling.

That's... also what she said?
Uh they already use robots to Paint the vehicle!!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Neigh

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Those bolts being over-torqued is one of my soapbox talking points about why we need more robots in American manufacturing
I suspect a "robotic" torque gun is already being used for that fastener. The human is only there to aim it and put fasteners on the end of the driver.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If that is your argument, then no ford is $60k. Not even the raptors not even the f150 king ranch not even the f250 king ranch. I think this is an argument that people who went base model make, to justify their base purchase.

Allot of broncos out there…how many have over torqued bolts like this? First post I have seen about it. Regarding the paint blemish, ask any detailer and they will tell you it happens to every car brand, even the top end germans.

Have you seen wranglers price tag. Your at 70k for a rubicon before leaving the lot. Range Rover defender…your at 80k before leaving the lot. Then have to come back the next day for a check engine light. Do people say “the defender isnt a 80k vehicle”, no they don’t. But you will be at the dealer for repairs allot more then you will with a bronco. And it costs $20-30k more. 🤔. So why again is it not a 60k vehicle? I owned the wrangler JL before the bronco. I know it in and out. And almost purchased a loaded defender but ended up going bronco. I dont think its off price when compared to its competitors. Stop trying to justify your base model purchase on other people who did not want roll up windows.

As if getting a base bronco would have ensured no paint issues 🤣.

OP. After this is all figured out, your going to love your loaded Wildtrack.
There's no "trying to justify" - the base Bronco justifies itself. Bronco is a $30k vehicle that some of you guys are loading up with stuff doubling the price. Stuff many of you don't even have a legit use for. I have $30k expectations of the Bronco in terms of paint and other items.

On the other hand, if I had blown $60k on some tricked out Wildtrak for my trips to Costco, sure maybe I'd be more ticked off about various items not up to snuff. ;)

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bronco is priced at 60K. People are paying 60K(me included hopefully next few months). It's a 60K vehicle.
If you paid $60k, you might be doing it wrong. Sure, some models are $60k+ MSRP, but the value is really questionable for what you actually get when compared to upgrading a lower trim Bronco to the same capability.

A great example of this is comparing a Base Sasquatch vs a WildTrak, or even a non-sasquatch Badlands vs a WildTrak.

In my personal case, having just picked up a non-sasquatch OBX with the Advanced 4x4 transfer case, I would be better off spending $20k on upgrades than to just buy the WildTrak (which had an MSRP over $60k). Even MSRP to MSRP there is at least a $12k price difference. I could buy a lot of upgrades for $12k.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Uh they use robots to Paint the vehicle!!!
Yup. Not where the alleged human error was taking place, though, was it? Also, the robotic paint process is clearly not the pinnacle of the advancement in the field of robotics and paint, see OP's pics. Maybe Ford could afford to use a better painting system (improve the current standards) if they weren't paying Joe Uggadugga to hit the Playskool button twice instead of once. Tracking? Same bus?

I suspect a "robotic" torque gun is already being used for that fastener. The human is only there to aim it and put fasteners on the end of the driver.
I hope so, but I doubt it's anything more than a preset torque on a suspended uggadugga and it has tolerance. If he hits the near idiot-proof button twice, though, it is going to at least try to over-tighten that bolt/s. Ford won't even let us program add-ons like a circular tachometer, so I doubt we'll ever know the answer. It looked like it was tightened too much and cracked the paint. The less likely cause is the virtually 100% automated paint system laying down extra thick paint there which made it brittle and proper spec torqued bolts was too much and pushed into brittle paint and cracked it--but there's the run in OP's pic so there may have been something going on in the painting system that day/that Bronco. I think Occam's razor would cut the way of human error. Best resources I've had for torque and bolts have been a former racecar driver turned obscure engine builder and ARP. If you torque a bolt to 75 ft-lbs and then use the torque wrench on it again, set to 75, and it moves... well it's probably not 75 and the bolt is stretched.

Remember, it's just the Internet.

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m hoping they resolve the hardtop quality issues (rain water drip, sound deadening glue, availability) before mine gets produced, which is probably next year. This ongoing hardtop issue is going on THREE years and Ford should have fixed it by now. Embarrassing and bad for business, obviously.reat

That’s probably going to happen!🐎🚘
I think they have. My June 2022 hardtop has been great. No leaks or glue issues. They come off and go on as expected.

Overall, the truck has been excellent. I did chase down and resolve a small leak in the rear underfloor storage compartment. That was a design issue.

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If that is your argument, then no ford is $60k. Not even the raptors not even the f150 king ranch not even the f250 king ranch. I think this is an argument that people who went base model make, to justify their base purchase, when they really wanted more then base (not a personal attack).

Allot of broncos out there…how many have over torqued bolts like this? First post I have seen about it. Regarding the paint blemish, ask any detailer and they will tell you it happens to every car brand, even the top end germans. Your statement isnt proper and helps nobody. It most likely does harm to others then it does do good.

Have you seen wranglers price tag. Your at 70k for a rubicon before leaving the lot. Range Rover defender…your at 80k before leaving the lot. Then have to come back the next day for a check engine light. Do people say “the defender isnt a 80k vehicle”, no they don’t. But you will be at the dealer for repairs allot more then you will with a bronco. And it costs $20-30k more. 🤔. So why again is it not a 60k vehicle? I owned the wrangler JL before the bronco. I know it in and out. And almost purchased a loaded defender but ended up going bronco. I dont think its off price when compared to its competitors. Stop trying to justify your base model purchase on other people who did not want roll up windows.

So what if it had no issues at all? Then its worth 60k? Instead of pointing out the real issue…ford is not taking their time with these and some are shipping with issues…you try to make op feel like shit about his purchase.

As if getting a base bronco would have ensured no paint issues 🤣.

OP. After this is all figured out, your going to love your loaded Wildtrack.
OUCH!😳
I think they have. My June 2022 hardtop has been great. No leaks or glue issues. They come off and go on as expected.

Overall, the truck has been excellent. I did chase down and resolve a small leak in the rear underfloor storage compartment. That was a design issue.
I really meant when it rains and you open the door to get out since thete is no type of upper sill or “gutter” to catch and run off the water to the sides you get soaked opening the door. Do you experience that?

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Basically quality has gone out the window with just about everybody. The pandemic has wrought more damage to society than just thinning the herd.

Sponsored

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

HOSS 3.0 makes it worth it to me. Everything I want right from the get get go and keeps warranty.

Lot of stories of Ford not covering things they should so no need to help them with that

I do understand were you're coming from though

If you paid $60k, you might be doing it wrong. Sure, some models are $60k+ MSRP, but the value is really questionable for what you actually get when compared to upgrading a lower trim Bronco to the same capability.

A great example of this is comparing a Base Sasquatch vs a WildTrak, or even a non-sasquatch Badlands vs a WildTrak.

In my personal case, having just picked up a non-sasquatch OBX with the Advanced 4x4 transfer case, I would be better off spending $20k on upgrades than to just buy the WildTrak (which had an MSRP over $60k). Even MSRP to MSRP there is at least a $12k price difference. I could buy a lot of upgrades for $12k.

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Basically quality has gone out the window with just about everybody. The pandemic has wrought more damage to society than just thinning the herd.
Wrong part of the herd

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a bit intentionally ignorant on your part in my opinion. The list is long of QC issues with these (expensive) vehicles. $30k or $60k or $80K. The things that are not done well (on too many vehicles) reads like a car building errors 101 tutorial. They're not the majority, bur far too many mistakes for a vehicle 10 plus years in the planning, covid or not.
THIS is why I seldom visit this forum any longer myself, too many buttheads thinking they are experts or giving opinions that were never asked for...

Status
Not open for further replies.