Sponsored

Build quality absolute garbage (Closed due to insults)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pb.Slinger

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco WildTrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You should see my doors and rocker panels!!!

My paint is trashed with only 15,600 miles. I live on dirt roads and the Bronco Sasquatch is a rock flinger. My stock mud flaps have proven useless. Waiting for my rock sliders to show up… hoping they will shield my body. Then I can think about repainting.
Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you paid $60k, you might be doing it wrong. Sure, some models are $60k+ MSRP, but the value is really questionable for what you actually get when compared to upgrading a lower trim Bronco to the same capability.

A great example of this is comparing a Base Sasquatch vs a WildTrak, or even a non-sasquatch Badlands vs a WildTrak.

In my personal case, having just picked up a non-sasquatch OBX with the Advanced 4x4 transfer case, I would be better off spending $20k on upgrades than to just buy the WildTrak (which had an MSRP over $60k). Even MSRP to MSRP there is at least a $12k price difference. I could buy a lot of upgrades for $12k.
Have you read through forum in detail? Many posts of people buying base and then trying to figure out how to add the larger screen, how to add upgraded speakers, how to add heated seats, etc…take some time and look it up.

Last edited:

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$38K base sasquatch, none of these problems and I've done some accessories
Ford Bronco Build quality absolute garbage (Closed due to insults) PXL_20230412_130220938~2
And there are many $60k owners without issue too. But apparently those are bad now.

Last edited:

Wallysdog

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm with ya brother. Started to clean it up today and noticed all kinds of scratches in the plastic of the door panels. Some were there when I picked it up from the dealer.
Wouldn't you think with today's quality testing they would have recognised that when you place your hand in the door handle when closing the door the plastic shouldn't scratch.
It just pisses me off when they push crap out the door like that.
This baby is going down the road soon, I am not pleased with FMC and their good enough attitude.

Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
THIS is why I seldom visit this forum any longer myself, too many buttheads thinking they are experts or giving opinions that were never asked for...
1. Wow, you’re just all kinds of fun.

2. Butthead ?? Really that’s where you’re going ? OK iI’ll Go there. Takes one to know one …. Butthead.

3. Last I checked I don’t think I need your permission to post my opinions, or wait for you to request my opinion on a social media site, or anywhere for that matter.

4. Based on your posting style, I’m sure the fact you come here infrequently is welcomed by many.

5 . Finally, could it be you don't come here often 'cause they limit your internet time at the group home ?

Last edited:

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And there are many $60k owners without issue too. But apparently those are bad now.
I’m more than happy with mine, there are things they need to address.

There are things they’ve dropped the ball on as well.

There I go giving my unsolicited opinions again. I’m going to butthead hell

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base

My paint is trashed with only 15,600 miles. I live on dirt roads and the Bronco Sasquatch is a rock flinger. My stock mud flaps have proven useless. Waiting for my rock sliders to show up… hoping they will shield my body. Then I can think about repainting.
The stock Squatch tires are known rock throwers, been common knowledge since day 2 or so of deliveries. Why I had dealer install running boards before delivery. Put Rek Gens on the front, no trashed paint...

Jeffp1108

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Look at the location of the Ford assembly plant and the workers employed there... and we wonder about the inferior quality of our Broncos!!! 😀

I wish my Bronco was built with the engineering, subcomponent quality, skill, and pride of a Toyota.
I would say that the quality of the workmanship has ZERO to do with who is employed there. It has EVERYTHING to do with Ford’s lack of a commitment to quality and making sure their workforce is trained well.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would say that the quality of the workmanship has ZERO to do with who is employed there. It has EVERYTHING to do with Ford’s lack of a commitment to quality and making sure their workforce is trained well.

Yep, quality control starts at the top. It's your company. You can't expect the folks who build your product to set the tone. That's your friggin job.

Sponsored

Pb.Slinger

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco WildTrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The stock Squatch tires are known rock throwers, been common knowledge since day 2 or so of deliveries. Why I had dealer install running boards before delivery. Put Rek Gens on the front, no trashed paint...
Why people can’t share info without be snarky is beyond me. I guess I’m not common huh. Oh the humanity.

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For starters love my 23 Wildtrak hardtop, happy wife happy life lol, but man oh man the paint, and fit finish is absolutely horrendous, huge run/dirt in paint driver side rocker the hardtop on driver side came off perfect first time and now is a pain in the ass to remove , I shouldn't have to fight with it to remove, pass side as of now is perfect. Went to check out the locations where the pins go and I find cracked peeling paint. I Just don’t get it, with all the hype and scarcity of these vehicles and long wait/build times you would think they would be damn near flawless. To boot I sell Fords for a living. Yes I know I’m crying over spilled milk and ford will warranty it, but that’s not the point, for a $62k vehicle shouldn’t have these issues after ownership of 7 days. Ok Rant Over

Ford Bronco Build quality absolute garbage (Closed due to insults) PXL_20230412_130220938~2

I just checked my 22 Black Diamond’s bolts next to the front roof mount and they have damaged paint just like yours. Damn. Another thing the dealership will probably want to brush off and tell me again “It’s designed that way”.

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I put the Gatorback mud flaps on mine from day 1 to avoid this. Yeah, $600 is a lot to swallow for mud flaps but it’s cheaper than a paint job!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have you read through forum in detail? Many posts of people buying base and then trying to figure out how to add the larger screen, how to add upgraded speakers, how to add heated seats, etc…take some time and look it up. Let me know how easy it is and if its even possible. I have seen them. Read them. And know how they end.
Having done some of these mods and helped others do the same, yes, I can tell you that they are not for everyone. I have programmed several HOSS 3.0 steering racks for people already.

That said, I will be upgrading the stereo and adding adaptive cruise control on a high package obx as my next party trick.

Ford Bronco Build quality absolute garbage (Closed due to insults) IMG-05c6bbd49ed9171086c562b03d235171-V

For me, it's not all that hard. My non-sasquatch 2021 OBX already has been upgraded to a Badlands suspension, treated to upgraded speakers, many FORSCAN mods, additional interior and exterior lighting, a HOSS 3.0 steering rack, modified exhaust, etc. I have also put 70k miles on it in the past 18 months.

So why read about it, I would rather go do it.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having done some of these mods and helped others do the same, yes, I can tell you that they are not for everyone. I have programmed several HOSS 3.0 steering racks for people already.

That said, I will be upgrading the stereo and adding adaptive cruise control on a high package obx as my next party trick.

IMG-05c6bbd49ed9171086c562b03d235171-V.jpg

For me, it's not all that hard. My non-sasquatch 2021 OBX already has been upgraded to a Badlands suspension, treated to upgraded speakers, many FORSCAN mods, additional interior and exterior lighting, a HOSS 3.0 steering rack, modified exhaust, etc. I have also put 70k miles on it in the past 18 months.

So why read about it, I would rather go do it.
What was your purchase price? Sorry I thought you were the guy saying that this is ok on a $30k bronco but stupid for people that got a 60k bronco...when the OBX starts at $50k on the ford website (before high package). My bad. You basically paid the same price as OP. Within $5k.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.