Sponsored

Build quality absolute garbage (Closed due to insults)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What was your purchase price?
On the White 2023, $40,251 (MSRP $51,270) - on the Carbonized Gray 2021, $47,953 (MSRP $48,770 - iirc)

Got a much better deal on the 2023.

Both are 2 door OBX 2.7 advanced 4x4 with tow. The 2021 is a lux package and the 2023 is a high package with aux switches.
Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because you cant handle the reality that Ford is crap and has horrible build quality?

Could also be they limit his internet time at the group home ??

Sledge

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜13 modā€™d Flex, ā€˜14 bmw i3, ā€˜93 modā€™d Volvo 240
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You should see my doors and rocker panels!!!

My paint is trashed with only 15,600 miles. I live on dirt roads and the Bronco Sasquatch is a rock flinger. My stock mud flaps have proven useless. Waiting for my rock sliders to show upā€¦ hoping they will shield my body. Then I can think about repainting.
Ouch. I read about this issue while waiting for my bronco and thankfully took care of it the moment I took delivery (Sasquatch). Rekgens plus go-rhino running boards, now at 33k miles and not a single rock ding, with lots of bombing around on old forest roads and defunct logging roads In north-central PA where we have a weekend cabin. Also read about the Goodyears being rock-throwers. I had no personal reference point about this until I had occasion to replace them with KO2ā€™s a few thousand miles ago. Holy cow what a difference! The blogs were definitely correct on that one as well. in addiction to tossing only a small fraction of the rocks compared to the stock tires, they are also significantly quieter on the road (I have a soft top). best Of luck resolving your paint damage.

OP
OP
Sac109r

Sac109r

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 WildTrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Having done some of these mods and helped others do the same, yes, I can tell you that they are not for everyone. I have programmed several HOSS 3.0 steering racks for people already.

That said, I will be upgrading the stereo and adding adaptive cruise control on a high package obx as my next party trick.

IMG-05c6bbd49ed9171086c562b03d235171-V.jpg

For me, it's not all that hard. My non-sasquatch 2021 OBX already has been upgraded to a Badlands suspension, treated to upgraded speakers, many FORSCAN mods, additional interior and exterior lighting, a HOSS 3.0 steering rack, modified exhaust, etc. I have also put 70k miles on it in the past 18 months.

So why read about it, I would rather go do it.
Iā€™m really interested in how your going to add adaptive cruise control, I would love this to be able to upgrade from non adaptive

Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m really interested in how your going to add adaptive cruise control, I would love this to be able to upgrade from non adaptive
I would too. Other people have talked about it on the forum but i dont think any have accomplished this.

The point I was making is that mechanical upgrades are common and expected and I wasnā€™t referencing those. I wasnā€™t referencing upgrading tires and suspension or anything under the hood for that matter. I was specifically referencing internal cabin items. Because these tend to get tricky. For example, there is a thread with someone trying to upgrade to the larger high/lux screen (12ā€). Long story short, you cannot. Yes the parts are one thing but the harnesses that connect everything changes. So now you have to run new harnesses. Not to mention the software updates that would be needed, that dont exist in forscan.

At minimum he would the new steering wheel with the button, the sensor that goes up front in the bumper, and then whatever software update from ford. This almost seems doable but im sure i am missing steps/parts.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You must of been a Monday or Friday build day.. itā€™s upsetting for the price we paid, hopefully the deal ship will make it right. If not reach out to corporate yourself

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I believe that starting with the high package it is possible, but I am not sure about the lower packages. It's been done before on the Bronco and requires about $600 in parts.

You also would need FDRS, FORSCAN, and a J2534 adapter.

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I find it difficult to understand why some individuals are attempting to defend or ignore the reality that Ford's quality is SHIT subpar.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed here. Really enjoy my Bronco but the body panel fit looks like a WWII Willys or something that would come out of Albania in the 70s

Last edited:

Sponsored

Quicklime

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch 2 Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
My base Sas was $38,000. The Oxford white paint was perfect. Until I took it off road. The rock flingers chipped it up. Mabett flaps in front helped a little... Same with the RC nerf steps. A little.
My experience in 12,000 miles(six months). I will go back to my favorite tire the ko2. BUT, the rock throwers are quieter than ko2s. I suspect that that's why they went with them.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There's no "trying to justify" - the base Bronco justifies itself. Bronco is a $30k vehicle that some of you guys are loading up with stuff doubling the price. Stuff many of you don't even have a legit use for. I have $30k expectations of the Bronco in terms of paint and other items.

On the other hand, if I had blown $60k on some tricked out Wildtrak for my trips to Costco, sure maybe I'd be more ticked off about various items not up to snuff. ;)
My tricked on Wildtrak on the long way to Costco.šŸ˜‰
Ford Bronco Build quality absolute garbage (Closed due to insults) IMG_2728

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would say that the quality of the workmanship has ZERO to do with who is employed there. It has EVERYTHING to do with Fordā€™s lack of a commitment to quality and making sure their workforce is trained well.
šŸ’Æ

Donā€™t know about you all, but Iā€™ve seen mouth-breathers pretty much everywhere Iā€™ve ever been. It gets more insidious when the mouth-breathing is happening in the C-Suite because then you know itā€™s institutionalized vs. a problem with training, morale, etc.

Like most companies during COVID, unfortunately Fordā€™s top brass simultaneously learned that they can churn out lower quality product, and that they can do it at a premium.

Last edited:

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ScottyC

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You work at the dealership AND you accepted delivery of the product as is...fault is yours.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.