Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought about a drawer but he stock storage is kind of handy and I didn't want to lose it.
that's definitely true! I believe with the security drawer you can either pull the drawer out far enough to reach under there or you just pull it all the way out to get access down there. A bit cumbersome, but I'd not store anything I need all that often down there.
Sponsored

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Kept it simple. 4 door outer banks. 3.75 “ raise, flush with floor when back seats down. Put auto carpet over the plywood to match the cargo carpet. Purchased a couple of low profile containers that slide well on the cargo carpet and they are about 20” deep. Works out pretty well to store some items out of site.

E4699E1A-AFE5-4110-A365-7C82645FE6EE.jpeg

6FCE150E-FB88-4491-8011-6EC78B78B4B7.jpeg

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kept it simple. 4 door outer banks. 3.75 “ raise, flush with floor when back seats down. Put auto carpet over the plywood to match the cargo carpet. Purchased a couple of low profile containers that slide well on the cargo carpet and they are about 20” deep. Works out pretty well to store some items out of site.

Ford Bronco Built a rear platform for cargo, dog and sleeping 6FCE150E-FB88-4491-8011-6EC78B78B4B7
So it looks lovely and functional, but is this secured to the floor in anyway? I'm probably gonna be doing something, but I am unsure on how I'm going to affix to the floor.

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nicely done! Was thinking of doing something similar myself. Do you have an pics with the other panel installed?
This got my creative juices flowing. Give me a bit, but I found some metal drawers, looked at dimensions of 2 door. I am 90% certain that I can get two; 20.2 (w)x18.9:" (depth)x 4.3" side by side. I may only do one to save cargo space, but we will see. 71 bucks each, beats the $500+ I've seen online. Plan: Straps, Basic tools, Recovery gear, jacket, glove, jumper cable storage. (1) 20x20 (essentially the dimensions of metal drawer I found) would do it, but two would allow some organization.

Double IPA

Wildtrak
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Titan, 2002 RS Warrrior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This got my creative juices flowing. Give me a bit, but I found some metal drawers, looked at dimensions of 2 door. I am 90% certain that I can get two; 20.2 (w)x18.9:" (depth)x 4.3" side by side. I may only do one to save cargo space, but we will see. 71 bucks each, beats the $500+ I've seen online. Plan: Straps, Basic tools, Recovery gear, jacket, glove, jumper cable storage. (1) 20x20 (essentially the dimensions of metal drawer I found) would do it, but two would allow some organization.
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Sponsored

Double IPA

Wildtrak
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Titan, 2002 RS Warrrior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The other panel is in process, I started it but now I want to make it a little longer. On the attachment end I routed an area so that a piece of one inch strap steel mounts flush and that is what attaches to the magnets. Each magnet has 60lbs of adhesive power so once attached, it's solid.
I never understood that... if those magnets are that strong each, times a whole row of them, how are you gonna separate them when you actually want to? Lol. I haven't actually started taking any measurements myself yet but was thinking of doing some sort of piano hinge or something so that you could basically fold down the rear seats and then flip the 2nd panel up from the cargo platform and down on top of the seat backs. Not sure if there enough height to do so...

OP
OP

Tmizzle

Badlands
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never understood that... if those magnets are that strong each, times a whole row of them, how are you gonna separate them when you actually want to? Lol. I haven't actually started taking any measurements myself yet but was thinking of doing some sort of piano hinge or something so that you could basically fold down the rear seats and then flip the 2nd panel up from the cargo platform and down on top of the seat backs. Not sure if there enough height to do so...
I had the same concern with the number of magnets. I figured itbwould be easier to subtract then add. As it turned out it does require some effort to detach it but it's not too bad. You have to slide forward with some upward pressure to get it to release. I did consider the piano hinge (that was plan A, also an issue with having the tie down locations available)however there is not enough clearance with the roll bar.

ChristaLynne

Black Diamond
First Name
Christa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Vizsla's are the best dogs :) My gal says Hi!

Luna at 2.jpg

Sponsored

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the look of the factory slide out tailgate, but it looks like that option will be a late 2022 option. I built something like this for my Jeep Commander after removing the (useless to me) 3rd row seats. It's a good way to hide valuables and after market stereo equipment.
Explain to my why this is late 2022 after all the marketing. It was the one Ford accessory I actually really wanted. Ford is still amazing me and not in a good way.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Explain to my why this is late 2022 after all the marketing. It was the one Ford accessory I actually really wanted. Ford is still amazing me and not in a good way.
I'm just going by the Ford reps on a Bronco Nation video from around a month ago. He described it as a "factory installed option". My guess is that it will be dealer (or self installed) at some point. It looks really nice. I'm sure that it just attaches with the factory mounting points that people are using for other accessories.

There will be aftermarket solutions, I'm sure. I could replicate the design with plywood and 2x4s, but it Ford version looks like an integral part of the vehicle.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Another way is to get some heavy duty full extension drawer rails and build the boxes out of plywood and 1x4s.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Built a rear platform for cargo, dog and sleeping Rollie.JPG

Ford Bronco Built a rear platform for cargo, dog and sleeping Rollie.JPG
Do the doors fit in the back with the raised floor?

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What size bolts fit the factory anchor points for the cargo tie down system? Seems to be an M8, but the thread pitch is wrong..
Sponsored