First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Badlands non Sas with a 2" suspension lift and 3 inch body lift with 40's taking to the rocks. Didn't complete though due to a failed rack. Watch to the end as they go through the suspension changes on the Bronco including custom tie rod ends.

Sponsored

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just saw this as well
The bronco was not meant to do this type of hard core rock crawling out of the factory.
the jeep wasn’t either.
The jeep in this video has upgraded EVERYTHING
The bronco needs a whole upgraded front end to do these obstacles. Steering, everything.
Just like that jeep has
So while nice to see videos like this
That jeep is easily a 150k or more build.

OP
OP
mike8675309

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I thought the presenters handled it very well and didn't have anything really bad to say about the Bronco. The owners of that Bronco seem to be ready to just figure it out as they go so they can keep having fun with it. i.e. breaking their custom tie rods indicates more just try it vs someone who understands the engineering side of the suspension. They'll get it figured out while they continue to have a blast with it.

One thing that this video also shows is how much work it can take to be the first one doing things. Someone building a Jeep today has deep tracks they can follow. We are so early in the Bronco life that if you really want to build one, you'll be figuring it all out for the first time.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not bad, Thanks for finding the weak points. I am honestly surprised with 40s and that amount of wheel extension just the rack and tie rods are an issue.

Seems like they have the tie rod issue solution and just need a rack like stated in the video.

Even with the ribbing, it was nice for them to note the stepchild is very modified. Does lite Brite still have a bronco on order?

Sponsored

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its definitely not totally lopsided comparing the two particular vehicles, but in my opinion it really isn't a legit "versus" comparison. Give it some time and let this guy build his rig the way they have done with Step-Child and I have no reason to believe that they won't match up reasonably evenly.

Coming from a HEMI in my last vehicle that last portion of the video hurt me particularly hard lmao. That V8 sounds so damn heavenly

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not bad, Thanks for finding the weak points. I am honestly surprised with 40s and that amount of wheel extension just the rack and tie rods are an issue.

Seems like they have the tie rod issue solution and just need a rack like stated in the video.

Even with the ribbing, it was nice for them to note the stepchild is very modified. Does lite Brite still have a bronco on order?
Yeah they mention that its already at the dealership waiting to get picked up, somewhere across the country from Utah.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The hemi sounds hurt. It’s not the normal hemi tick.

Sponsored

ogo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The other thing I picked up from that video is that LiteBrite isn't going for Heavy Rock Crawl for their Bronco, they already have a vehicle that can do that. so I"m curious with where they will take their Bronco build...maybe high speed desert runnner?

Limecreek

Badlands
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1200RS, Honda CRV, Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A few adjustments and it will be 95% of a fixed axle design. Fun to watch the evolution the builders will go through. Competition is fun!

mrxg78

Badlands
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought the presenters handled it very well and didn't have anything really bad to say about the Bronco. The owners of that Bronco seem to be ready to just figure it out as they go so they can keep having fun with it. i.e. breaking their custom tie rods indicates more just try it vs someone who understands the engineering side of the suspension. They'll get it figured out while they continue to have a blast with it.

One thing that this video also shows is how much work it can take to be the first one doing things. Someone building a Jeep today has deep tracks they can follow. We are so early in the Bronco life that if you really want to build one, you'll be figuring it all out for the first time.

Is the Bronco a 7MT?
Sponsored