Jud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This. Everything I’ve read so far seems to lead to this and the Filson not having Sasquatch spec suspension. The videos of some Sasquatch models running Moab(? I think) look to have more room to stuff a wheel. Even this Wildtrack [ https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...p-updated-with-hood-decal-interior-pics.7590/ ]has more fender room than these two and it has factory 35s. Take note, if you’re a looking to get a Badlands and replace the 33s down the road for 35s.
Keep in mind that is a non SAS Bronco with aftermarket 35" tires (bigger then the SAS 35" tires). Without a lift you are going to run into some major tire clearance issues off road (like having that Jeep drag you out kind of issues).

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Don't mean to insult anyone that has a Wrangler but the Bronco makes it look very dated.
That’s why the Wrangler is successful. They have a recipe and they’re sticking to it. They drastically change that design and a lot of Jeep fans will be upset.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That’s why the Wrangler is successful. They have a recipe and they’re sticking to it. They drastically change that design and a lot of Jeep fans will be upset.
I remember reading an article when's the JLs were coming out that the uppers were one vote away from it being IFS. Whoop imagine how salty those ppl would of been!

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bronco needs more clearance. I am torn between big meats like this with SASQ or 33" tires.... I have a little to decide still.
This Bronco is a Frankenstein

It has 35 or 37 tires, but doesn't have the sas lift. So the tires sit stuffed in the wheel well like that. I personally think it looks bad ass, but not made for offroading. More so for "flexin' on 'em"

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You mean like something from the '40s?
It's kind of amazing that they've been able to be so successful with such minimal and incremental updates over 80 years but yeah, there is obvious change and updating over that time but compared to other vehicles over that span, not a whole lot of change.
That's true and it's worked for Colonel Sanders too, but I have a feeling that the Bronco is going to nudge them to make a more significant change or they are going to lose some of these loyal fans.

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep in mind that is a non SAS Bronco with aftermarket 35" tires (bigger then the SAS 35" tires). Without a lift you are going to run into some major tire clearance issues off road (like having that Jeep drag you out kind of issues).
Thank you for the clarification. I keep asking this question. How is the 35” tires non SAS okay for roof racks but 35” SAS on not okay?? ?

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I appear to be in the minority, but I would absolutely love 35s WITHOUT the lift. Just how it is in this photo. It just sits like a pit bull and I love that.

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you for the clarification. I keep asking this question. How is the 35” tires non SAS okay for roof racks but 35” SAS on not okay?? ?
For one... i think this is a one off, concept that is not certified to be on the road, so it doesn't need to follow all the rules. Secondly, it's shorter, so may be able to have the rack due to that?

brunjc2

Base
First Name
Jud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I remember reading an article when's the JLs were coming out that the uppers were one vote away from it being IFS. Whoop imagine how salty those ppl would of been!
ive been thinking about this today. They were so very close last model to drop the solid axle, I think for EPA reasons. I wonder what the next model will bring? I think that, after the steering issues they have had, and bean counters breathing down their necks, and reasons I can keep going, there are valid arguments to switch to IFS. Extremely valid reasons. If so, Jeep people will be upset.

But also, it’s really a big differentiation from the Bronco. Solid front axle is the Wrangler’s signature, really. It’s a way to set it apart from Bronco. Switching to IFS at this point may be a huge blow to the brand, like validating the Bronco and falling in line behind it.

somewhere in FCA, there’s mid level management scratching their heads trying to figure this one out, waiting on taking delivery of the dozen or so Broncos that they reserved for testing. Either road will be tough.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

ive been thinking about this today. They were so very close last model to drop the solid axle, I think for EPA reasons. I wonder what the next model will bring? I think that, after the steering issues they have had, and bean counters breathing down their necks, and reasons I can keep going, there are valid arguments to switch to IFS. Extremely valid reasons. If so, Jeep people will be upset.

But also, it’s really a big differentiation from the Bronco. Solid front axle is the Wrangler’s signature, really. It’s a way to set it apart from Bronco. Switching to IFS at this point may be a huge blow to the brand, like validating the Bronco and falling in line behind it.

somewhere in FCA, there’s mid level management scratching their heads trying to figure this one out, waiting on taking delivery of the dozen or so Broncos that they reserved for testing. Either road will be tough.
Totally agree! My thoughts are I wonder if they streamline the process out of the factory of picking solid or IFS! Be huge! I mean wouldn't be hard. Just two different production lines!
Sponsored