Jud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Actually no they didn't. The Rubicon/Moab videos were non-SAS Badlands Bronco's with 33" tires. They wanted to demonstrate a "normal" build without SAS (and I'm guessing getting more articulation). The engineers on the trail have stated the non-SAS Bronco's have more articulation (I think it was 1/2" - 1") over a SAS Bronco (I'm still not sure why since SAS has a lift built-in that you would think compensates for the larger tires). They also said they didn't use the sway bar disconnect on the Badlands (to prove they could run the trails without using it).
This video from Bronco6G claims that it’s a badlands w/ Sasquatch package. Not saying it couldn’t be wrong, but, maybe it’s not also.

Sponsored

BroncoNV

Badlands
First Name
GJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Pontiac Firebird, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think they brought more Bronco's to Moab. This Bronco above didn't run the Rubicon in the videos. The Rubicon Bronco's DID run Moab though.

BroncoNV

Badlands
First Name
GJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Joe Dirt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tundra 2001
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i agree with everyone else, those tires are not going to clear. Is that with the squatch? Are those 35s? Jeesh, as time nears keep seeing things between B&P and option availability and this pic that has me second guessing.

brunjc2

Base
First Name
Jud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think they brought more Bronco's to Moab. This Bronco above didn't run the Rubicon in the videos. The Rubicon Bronco's DID run Moab though.
I don’t recall seeing a Sasquatch running the Rubicon either, at least any indication that one was.

Sponsored

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually no they didn't. The Rubicon/Moab videos were non-SAS Badlands Bronco's with 33" tires. They wanted to demonstrate a "normal" build without SAS (and I'm guessing getting more articulation). The engineers on the trail have stated the non-SAS Bronco's have more articulation (I think it was 1/2" - 1") over a SAS Bronco (I'm still not sure why since SAS has a lift built-in that you would think compensates for the larger tires). They also said they didn't use the sway bar disconnect on the Badlands (to prove they could run the trails without using it).
They didn't use the disconnect at all? Strong case for the Black Diamond.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Sorry, I'm not a jeep guy, but isn't that a custom Rubicon vs more-or-less factory Bronco? If so, that seems apples and oranges to me. I'd at least expect a Sasquatch lift/tires to really compare the two

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, the Bronco is a fresh design... Makes me wonder when Jeep will do a slight refresh...
i think Jeep designers have to live with the overall shape legacy. The Wrangler has to be recognized at first sight.

Look at the Beetle, Fiat 500, Mini... they keep that constraint and evolutions are not always really big from a model to another. With the exception from the original to the reborn project which btw Jeep never had as they never stopped making Wranglers.

It would be interesting to see Jeep go to an empty drawing board and only keep in mind functionality and a few physical similarities.
That would be an aftermarket vendor nightmare too...

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
He still never posted that video huh?

BroncoNV

Badlands
First Name
GJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Actually I was wrong, there was a SAS Bronco on the Rubicon but there wasn't a video of it (so partially correct): https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...-ford-bronco-rubicon-trail-action-147053.html

"For now, the rock crawling action includes just two of the three examples. It involves a 4-door in Badlands trim with the new 7-speed manual transmission, optional 33-inch tires, and Ford Performance beadlock wheels with rings.

The 2-door is also a Badlands but with the auto transmission, BF tires instead of Goodyear on the 33-inch wheels, and a Ford Performance steel modular front bumper. The one missing is the 4-door with the Sasquatch Package. "

Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You’re misunderstanding my point. When fitted with the proper Sasquatch suspension, the 35s don’t look ridiculous. Ford has validated the truck did not have Sasquatch springs.
Nothing contrary to your point, but the downward angle of the stock flares looks like you easily lose an inch of clearance. A flatter flare , similar to sas would seem to help a little.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ooooh interesting. Thanks for clarifying!

ttboy

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i agree with everyone else, those tires are not going to clear. Is that with the squatch? Are those 35s? Jeesh, as time nears keep seeing things between B&P and option availability and this pic that has me second guessing.
u vegas dirt?