First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/JK 4dr. Wrangler/Flex/Mazda6
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bronco still looks awesome, and I know that people will give me a bunch of crap for saying it, but that jeep looks straight up bad-ass too. Honestly, I love the competition because both vehicles will only get better. Look forward to seeing the direction they both go for next gens after the release of the 6th gen. Bronco.
^ I'm with ya. Competition everyone wins.
I don't love the JL wrangler. I do own a lifted JK wrangler (occasional Sunday drive with the doors and top off) also love my Ford F150(2014 last of the steel trucks for Ford f150)
Likely in 2022 trade them both for a Bronco.
The wranglers when lifted are pretty nice. One thing I do love on my wrangler is it's so basic, nothing can't be fixed by myself if it breaks. Was inexpensive to lift and fun to drive.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Don't mean to insult anyone that has a Wrangler but the Bronco makes it look very dated.
Jeep will most likely never get rid of the 7 slot grill so get use to the front end look.

For those that never noticed the 7 slot grill, my understanding is the Jeep was the first vehicle to drive on all seven continents before any other one.

You can call it dated, I call it iconic. All manufactures should be different in looks and hold on to their legacy and identity.

krawl on

Badlands
First Name
PETE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Mustang supercharged
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is the Bronco has 35's but no Saquatch Pckg.

krawl on

Badlands
First Name
PETE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Mustang supercharged
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like this one...
Ford Bronco Built Bronco Badlands vs Wrangler Rubicon Side by Side Look 2021 BRONCO FRONT WITH WINCH

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I also have a reservation for a WildTrak (soon to be changed to Badlands) 4-door with Sasquatch package and Lux, all the mods, for a combo daily driver/light trail and crawler.
In this photo you are looking at a Jeep on the left which is built for overlanding vs. a Bronco on the right which, aside from the tire advantage (those are obviously mud tires vs. the Bronco's AT-at-best-but-look-like-street-tires) is built for some unknown activity, possibly overlanding, but it's not really clear. It needs more lift, obviously. It doesn't look ready to go to me. When you see vehicles on the trail it's pretty obvious on the glance which are ready to rock and which are not.
Confused. This vid isn't a stock Bronco? It isn't as capable as a Jeep for most things?

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Confused. This vid isn't a stock Bronco? It isn't as capable as a Jeep for most things?

No idea. First, that's a different Bronco from the one I commented on, and second, I don't know... and no one knows, really, as the vehicle hasn't been launched yet.

It's a fair bet that the IFS is going to be difficult for the Bronco to overcome in terms of matching Jeep's off-road capability, but let's be honest... not many of us push our vehicles that hard or that far. I know I'm not personally "good enough" (read: daring enough) at rock crawling to be "better" with a Jeep vs. what the Bronco is purported to be. For the hardcore purists, there's going to remain the need for a solid front axle.

And that's what I have on the Jeep. I'm not a spring chicken anymore and the ride on the road is rough. I'm ready for a better ride and I'm willing to sacrifice articulation for a more civilized ride, so I'm all-in on the Bronco, while keeping my Jeep.

I'm betting that they'll be pretty neck and neck in most categories, and when it comes to extreme off-road capability the Jeep will keep the edge. Few if any of us on this thread go quite that far so in my mind it will end up being a wash.

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I don't necessarily disagree, but I'm not so sure about "small percentage... " That's the main attraction for many folks who build up Jeeps and etc. (including me.)

For overland builds it's less of an issue but still, those folks take those vehicles into some pretty gnarly places too.

brunjc2

Base
First Name
Jud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No idea. First, that's a different Bronco from the one I commented on, and second, I don't know... and no one knows, really, as the vehicle hasn't been launched yet.

It's a fair bet that the IFS is going to be difficult for the Bronco to overcome in terms of matching Jeep's off-road capability, but let's be honest... not many of us push our vehicles that hard or that far. I know I'm not personally "good enough" (read: daring enough) at rock crawling to be "better" with a Jeep vs. what the Bronco is purported to be. For the hardcore purists, there's going to remain the need for a solid front axle.

And that's what I have on the Jeep. I'm not a spring chicken anymore and the ride on the road is rough. I'm ready for a better ride and I'm willing to sacrifice articulation for a more civilized ride, so I'm all-in on the Bronco, while keeping my Jeep.

I'm betting that they'll be pretty neck and neck in most categories, and when it comes to extreme off-road capability the Jeep will keep the edge. Few if any of us on this thread go quite that far so in my mind it will end up being a wash.
Certainly I agree with this. The SFA will be better in the rocks. The solid front axle in the Jeep may be seeing it’s last days, however. Toyota Pickup and 4Runner went to IFS in the 80s, Toyota Land Cruiser to IFS in the very late 90s, Ford to the TTB in the 80s (I think but maybe earlier?) Land Rover went to IFS and IRS all at once in the 2000’s, and yes the G Wagon just went to front IFS a couple years ago. Jeep is one of few that still have a SFA. I think that EPA/fuel economy but more so on road manners and the way most people use Wranglers (big tires and daily driven) will push Jeep to do one of two things: go to IFS —OR— make some extreme changes to front end geometry to enhance drivability and gain fuel mileage elsewhere.

I will probably never own a Jeep but I am rooting for it to keep the front axle, as it’s iconic, it’s a staple to the brand, and I think that it still can be improved upon. However, I think they may go IFS next model. Let’s hope I’m wrong!

Either way, we will probably also see OEMs embrace technology and geometry to get IFS systems to articulate better as the competition heats up.

AK0311

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Jeep Renegade TH and a 97 Kawasaki Vulcan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The way that picture is, it looks like the Jeep is sitting with more ground clearance than the Bronco. According to Jeep's brochure, the stock Rubi is 10.8" of ground clearance, yet it doesn't specify the tire size. According to the Ford website a base Bronco sits at 8.3" while with 35" tires it should have 11.5" of ground clearance. So what are we missing from the pics?

Sponsored

MedicJim

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im guessing because u can’t get the roof rack, or the tent with the Sasquatch
I did the build and price and tried adding many different items including the roof rack and tent. When I tried to add them it stated that I needed to downgrade my engine to the 4-cylinder. I don’t know if that was a glitch in the system or if they won’t add it due to Gross Vehicular Weight (as 6-cylinder is heavier than 4-cylinder). It did not say to remove Sasquatch package.

There seemed to be another glitch in the system as if you try to add both the pod lights and 40” light bar, it would not allow that. It would allow only one of the lights, not both. If they are worried about fuses, connect the two light to the six auxiliary light switches in the model (Badlands) that I was building.

ColoradoChris

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak HOSS 3.0!!
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
what color is that bronco? CG or A51?
Sponsored