Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I just read a post that was shut down about a 2.3 turbo is bad from the factory. The truck sat on the mountain waiting for parts. Got me to thinking. Do you get a notice that your truck was built, put in a Ford lot waiting for chips, etc., or do they not notify you until it is ready to ship? How do you know it was sitting in a Ford lot waiting?
Sponsored

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford never told anyone, we (B6G and others) had people in the area recon and find them. They have quite a few storage lots within 10-15 miles of the plant.

I guess you know that, just saw you're in Michigan... šŸ˜‚

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Most stayed in production status or were told by dealer they were on chip hold from what I have read. Conclusions can be drawn if you stay in production over a week.

Overboost

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I believe the two options that show up in the tracker would be ā€˜in productionā€™ followed by ā€˜awaiting shipmentā€™. If your vehicle is on hold I donā€™t believe it states that (someone correct me if Iā€™m wrong).

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Most stayed in production status or were told by dealer they were on chip hold from what I have read. Conclusions can be drawn if you stay in production over a week.
Iā€™m one of those that was in production since January 19th and received my built email last week. Mine is one of many that sat on a lot while others after our build week were shipped out. Itā€™s been a bit frustrating.

Sponsored

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just read a post that was shut down about a 2.3 turbo is bad from the factory. The truck sat on the mountain waiting for parts. Got me to thinking. Do you get a notice that your truck was built, put in a Ford lot waiting for chips, etc., or do they not notify you until it is ready to ship? How do you know it was sitting in a Ford lot waiting?
What do you mean? A negative post about a Bronco or something questioning a way F0rd is handling a situation gets locked or deleted.......... NEVER!!!! :censored::censored:

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™m one of those that was in production since January 19th and received my built email last week. Mine is one of many that sat on a lot while others after our build week were shipped out. Itā€™s been a bit frustrating.
Congrats on built email!

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Actual manufacture time for a Bronco or Ranger from start to finish is about one and a half shifts.

So, if your Bronco is "in production" for more than a couple days, that means it is likely missing parts and parked somewhere.

Duke460

Outer Banks
First Name
Earle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
mine was built on 4/18 then parked. No communication and nothing on the trackers. Gets old, November 2020 reservation.

Sponsored

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't know where mine sat, but it did sit for 2 1/2 months. I got information that it was built and just said waiting on shipping for the next 2 /12 months then one day said shipped, the day after said delivered.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't know where mine sat, but it did sit for 2 1/2 months. I got information that it was built and just said waiting on shipping for the next 2 /12 months then one day said shipped, the day after said delivered.
That sounds like you were on convoy hold.
Sponsored