Sponsored

Built in the USA-How important is it for you?

Bronco_Mando

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger; MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Built in the USA-How important is it for you?

As all of you know, the new Bronco will be built in Wayne, Michigan USA. (Compared to it’s little sister built in MX)

So, I am curious to know, how important is this fact for all of you?

Is this one of the deciding factors to purchase this vehicle?
Sponsored

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Very important, I only buy US cars or from other 1st world nations working equal playing levels.
My last new car purchase was built in Australia, before that US.

No Chinese Buick’s/Volvo’s for me.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Very important, I only buy US cars or from other 1st world nations working equal playing levels.
My last new car purchase was built in Australia, before that US.

No Chinese Buick’s/Volvo’s for me.
Also an Important note that major component sourcing is VERY important as well, no Chinese trans/engines.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Definitely not a deal breaker.

I just realized I did not even know where my wife's Mini Countryman was made. It turns out, the answer is Austria.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I prefer US made vehicles, but would have much preferred it be made in a Southern non-Union factory. I don’t like lining the pockets of the Union bosses and paying for the campaigns of the politicians on their dole. That said, better than an overseas factory, but not as good as a foreign brand made in a US right to work state.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Very important. When I buy a new vehicle it's always a USA brand, even knowing they aren't completely made of US materials. I also try to buy other US made goods when I can find them, and will pay more for the privilege to help another American worker. I know that may sound corny to some, but not to me. In my second career I was an "American worker", and it made me feel good to see someone using something I helped make.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Boy oh Boy people are going to hate my response.

I generally do not want my vehicle assembled in the united states as the UAW is the most corrupt union in the developed world.

I was a launch engineer - that means I literally lived in the plants doing technical work. The shit I saw union workers get away with day in and day out was incredible. They are not fireable. They borderline would have to murder a man to get canned.

Every single day I watched these dudes get BOMBED in the parking lot and then come into the plant and shittly assemble your vehicle that I assure you was well engineered and designed.

There is zero accountability and that is what leads to most quality issues that customers report.

its bad. very bad.

The plant in Japan that assembles 4runners currently is a gold standard. The one that is going to produce the bronco? Not so much...

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I prefer US made vehicles, but would have much preferred it be made in a Southern non-Union factory. I don’t like lining the pockets of the Union bosses and paying for the campaigns of the politicians on their dole. That said, better than an overseas factory, but not as good as a foreign brand made in a US right to work state.
I mostly agree with this - but I implore you to research the Toyota factory's in Japan proper. They have insane quality standards.
Sponsored