Sponsored

Built in the USA-How important is it for you?

Tlarkinjeri

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Mariner, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It is a huge factor for me. This is the reason I would not look at the Sport or the Flex or .............................
Even when I buy used cars they have all been made in USA (including my $2,000 purchase). This is not a $50 purchase it is a lot of labor/materials/money to send out of our country.
Sponsored

Limecreek

Badlands
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1200RS, Honda CRV, Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Important to me too, but don't look too close to where most of the components come from. :cool: Let's hope the assembly team strives for best in class build quality.

Beef78

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Built in the USA-How important is it for you?

As all of you know, the new Bronco will be built in Wayne, Michigan USA. (Compared to it’s little sister built in MX)

So, I am curious to know, how important is this fact for all of you?

Is this one of the deciding factors to purchase this vehicle?
This is 100 percent a deciding factor for me. I don’t have anything against stuff made in most other countries. I’d just rather support our country’s economy. However, anything coming from China is an absolute last resort if I can manage. However, I know that is pretty close to impossible these days because everything at least has components made there.
That country has no respect for intellectual property, not to mention their workers or the quality of the final product. If I can go without something or pay double, even triple for something made in US, I will.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have only owned one Japanese vehicle. A Camry handed down from my in-laws when my wife and I lived in Seattle. It was well assembled, but detonated like crazy. We sold it after a year. I would buy a “foreign “ car if an American alternative didn’t exist or if the American equivalent was obviously not competitive. I have only owned Japanese motorcycles, because in my lifetime, there was no American alternative. Even now, I would not be likely to purchase a Harley, because the Japanese alternatives are so clearly superior engineering and better quality. My current motorcycle is 23 years old and runs like a champ. That being said, some of the Chinese made bikes from Japanese companies are definitely not the same quality. It isn’t a deal stopper if something isn’t built by a US company, but it is important to me. ??

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s definitely a factor for me and I am very proud of Ford for building everything including the engine and 10 speed transmission in the U.S. I am moving from a Toyota Tacoma to the Bronco.
I really hope more manufacturers keep up this trend.

Ford Bronco Built in the USA-How important is it for you? 2E778EC2-0426-49DA-8654-D4559BD6AFB9

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I pre-ordered before I knew it was an American made vehicle. But I was very proud of Ford when I heard it was assembled in America. We should be providing jobs for our country and this is great to hear.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Very important, prefer buying from North American companies. Rather spend my money this side of the lake and help raise standards of living accordingly. For some reason I like buying stuff from countries that don't run over internal political opposition with tanks, have secret police and government censors. Call me crazy.

I will be getting the automatic transmission.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad to hear it but wouldn't change my position if it were built elsewhere.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I generally only buy things that are US made. That includes my boots, jeans, socks, tools, pretty much everything I can. When it comes down to it though I won’t not buy a car if it isn’t made in America if it’s a car I really like. For instance Toyota and Honda hires A LOT of Americans at their US plants so I respect that. Pretty much only country I stay away from with cars is China and Korea as I have had personal bad experience with quality from those countries. Especially Korean made cars lol

Todkavonic

First Edition
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ducati, Guzzi, and the Jeep.
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I like things that are made in America. I like things that are well-made more. If we land on both, like say a McIntosh amplifier or a Herman-Miller Eames chair, that's ideal. But in the end, for me, quality beats geography every time.

To those of you insisting that it's the MOST important factor in your purchasing algorithm, I ask this: Through a series of impossible deals, the exact same Ford Bronco can be made in Graz Austria (home of the Galandewagen) or in Tahara Japan (home of the 4Runner) or in Wayne Michigan (home of the Ranger). As an aside, I'm not including England. I just learned that the new Defender is being manufactured in Slovakia. Nope. They're out. Anyhow, which would you pick? Same price. Same parent company. Same specs.

It's Japan, Germany, then Michigan, in that order.

My deceased grandfather (US Marine master gunnery sergeant-WWII pacific theater) just gave me a cold sore. Sorry papa.

Nate

Sponsored

mismith

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Jeep JKU, 1992 Jeep YJ, ‘71 F100, ‘02 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Boy oh Boy people are going to hate my response.

I generally do not want my vehicle assembled in the united states as the UAW is the most corrupt union in the developed world.

I was a launch engineer - that means I literally lived in the plants doing technical work. The shit I saw union workers get away with day in and day out was incredible. They are not fireable. They borderline would have to murder a man to get canned.

Every single day I watched these dudes get BOMBED in the parking lot and then come into the plant and shittly assemble your vehicle that I assure you was well engineered and designed.

There is zero accountability and that is what leads to most quality issues that customers report.

its bad. very bad.

The plant in Japan that assembles 4runners currently is a gold standard. The one that is going to produce the bronco? Not so much...

Amen! We’ve owned several 4Runners and last year decided to jump into a new Tahoe. My wife absolutely loves the Tahoe but man, The Japanese just simply have us beat on quality!

I did nothing but routine maintenance on all my other 4Runners and Nissan pickups I’ve had over the years. Ran them all well over 100k. The first 4Runner had over 200k on the clock when we sold it. All were still running strong, used no oil, interiors still perfect etc.

The new Tahoe has been at the dealer multiple times. It’s unreal at the crap that keeps failing. I gave GM another chance and man they blew it with us. However my old 2002 F350 has been a good one but it’s got the 7.3L too.

I’ll watch these Bronco’s and see how well they do? Probably a 2022 buy for me as I never buy a first year vehicle.

Section8

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have two thoughts that I use when buying.

First, we live in an interesting world and the models of "made in XXX country" or an "XXX country corporation" are starting to go extinct, though the mental ideas of them are not. I think its important to examine the entire process of creating a product you buy, from concept and development, to sourcing, to assembly, all the way to delivery. Something sourced from a plant that employs 2000 in one country and is assembled by a plant that employs 1000 in another country, probably has a made in the latter stamp on it. The answer to any "made in" question is always way more complicated than most realize. We live in an increasingly globalized society.

Also, following the complete trail of production allows the consumer to spot a potential unethical source. Something assembled in America that is sourced from a child labor shop somewhere is absolutely not worth a dime of my money, I don't care what flag they stamp on it.

Second, I buy the best and most well-made products I can find first and if choosing between to closely comparable builds, buy American. If a foreign product is made better, I will buy it. I don't want to just blindly support Americans, I want Americans to actually be competitive and to make good products. America is one of the most free thinking and independent minded countries in the world, which is the breeding ground for innovation and healthy competition. You don't encourage innovation by buying a poor product just because its made in America.

As an example, having owned 6 or 7 motorcycles I will never again buy a Harley unless I see some substantial changes. In my experience, relative to their competition, they make a far inferior product and I know Americans can produce a better one. By not buying Harley, I encourage Harley to innovate or leave the market open for a new, better American motorcycle manufacturer to emerge. Seems pretty damn patriotic to me.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I had done more research I wouldn't have bought my Fusion 2.0 that was built in Mexico. It's a great car but we really need to be supporting American workers.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I prefer my vehicles to be American made. On the union side of things though, this is what I will say. The idea of unions is great. To have fellow workers band together to advocate for each other on the job is fine and dandy until they become the corporate greed they are supposed to protect against. Sadly, the latter is true more often than not. I believe it should be illegal for unions to be politically affiliated or to donate to political parties/candidates. If you want to donate to a party or candidate as an individual, good for you, but I don't believe corporations or groups should be allowed to do so. I say this because I believe our individual voices in the political arena have been hijacked by big money on both sides of the aisle.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
100% couldn't have it any other way! I mean if it were anything else...if they named it the Ford Wrongler Rabicoon or something so what. It's an icon...built to compete w/another american icon. I fully realize the auto industry is "globalized" and has been for a long time. I understand the political views, and I support "right to work"...but politics gotta get put aside for this! It's even important to me that it rolls off the line in the state of MI!
Sponsored