Sponsored

Built in the USA-How important is it for you?

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was glad to hear Bronco is Made In America!
Sponsored

1guzeman

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5, Honda Accord Sport 2.0, Lexus sc430
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Built in the USA-How important is it for you?

As all of you know, the new Bronco will be built in Wayne, Michigan USA. (Compared to it’s little sister built in MX)

So, I am curious to know, how important is this fact for all of you?

Is this one of the deciding factors to purchase this vehicle?

1guzeman

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5, Honda Accord Sport 2.0, Lexus sc430
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Very important to me. I currently drive Audi Q5 TDI diesel. Best German car I’ve owned, but would not buy a new Q5 since Audi decided to make them in Mexico. BTW I bought a 92 Bronco 5.0 new I like the size of the new 2 dr much better. Great forum, keep it going.

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Lot's of opinions here, and I've heard a lot of the arguments before. (There's some truth to some of it according to my mother who worked for Ford on the assembly line.).

I will just say it's wasn't a deciding factor for me, but I'm glad it is being built in the U.S.A.
Both my parents worked for Ford at the Claycomo plant in Missouri, so it's a little emotion involved I admit.

I haven't owned many Fords so my late stepdad would be pleased seeing me with the new Bronco. He always teased me about owning foreign vehicles, not for any kind of loyalty; he just thought they were harder to work on.

Sponsored

Mr.Pike17

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 sante fe awd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Will not buy another vehicle made in Mexico, my 2016 ram 3500 was made there and there was quite a few problems with it. Shame the Tacoma is now being built in mexico i feel that will hurt the brand over time but thats just my opinion.

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
Guess you're not getting a Bronco. As a union member, i AM fireable. Yeah, we have more lives than a cat, but if you screw up enough you're out of a job. Having said that, union leaders ARE corrupt as hell.
100% right here. As a union member myself, I've seen more firings than all my non union jobs combined. We've had terrible union leaders and management isn't any better.

ahobie17

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Toyota 4x4, 79 Chevrolet C10, 07 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
this counters my avitar...but if the Bronco wasn't made in the USA I WOULD NOT BUY IT....I bought the Toyota pictured in 94, then I didn't think about such things, but I sure do now...ex Chevy Blazer made in Mexico.....what a slap in the face.....I am also a proud UAW.

TO SAMG-To respond to the post above...things you refer to are nothing like what I've seen as a lower seniority Union worker. I assume your experience is from the 90's and earlier (I've heard the stories!!!).....you should just see what management does and Union workers push certain things to be addressed only to be ignored and when the shit hits the fan guess who is the 1st to be blamed the UNION WORKER!!!.....there are other things too but not something I'd like to speak about...the work environment isn't what it used to be, luckily I never worked under those conditions...

Unfortunately our IUAW higher ups are so far detached from the line workers they "represent." Look at the current leagl issues they take payouts from the corporations (to screw us during contract negotiations) and steal from the Union they "represent," but if we didn't have the union we'd be in worse off shape, as far as wages, insurance, etc....If there were no unions in the USA all auto manufactures would be assembled by a disposable temporary work force..and DON'T GET ME STARTED ON CORP'S ABUSE OF THE TEMP SITUATION....

Last edited:

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How I would love to let my inside voice out... The Bronco will be my 41st car. Like someone mentioned about their Audi Q5 TDI, I love my Volkswagen Passat SEL TDI; incredible car. On the flipside, love my F150FX4 3.5. I always try to purchase "Made in the USA" and I avoid certain countries. In addition, I like to purchase / patron local stores and non-chain restaurants.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it's nice, but I'd still buy one if it were made on the moon. I buy what I want, if it's made here all the better, but not a deciding factor at all. It just happens to be a car that offers everything I want and nothing I don't want. At least on screen so far, it's perfect. I was gonna buy a Wrangler before Covid, glad I didn't, because the Bronco seems to have none of the 'it's a Jeep thing' things that I really didn't like but would have accepted.
Maybe one day I'll drive it all the way out to Michigan, a cross country road trip is on my bucket list.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, I would be getting a Bronco regardless of where it was built.

That being said, it makes me glad it is being built in Michigan.

I've seen comments from people saying they work there and share they are excited about the job. I hope that will turn into a quality product - maybe even more so since the first 100,000 Broncos are being built for actual individuals vs getting shipped out to a lot. Maybe I'm just being a romantic.

As a teacher, I can tell you there are people who pour their lives into students (your kids) and are an absolute inspiration - and they are the majority. And there are some people who just show up to work. Fingers crossed the job-show-uppers are on on vacation (or off trying to get worker's comp) when my vehicle rolls down the line so she can be built by someone who wants to do quality work.

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wouldn't be a deal breaker depending on where it was built. My Challenger Hellcat was built in Canada and I've got no complaints.
Sponsored