Sponsored

Built in the USA-How important is it for you?

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pleased to hear the Bronco will be assembled in the US, but this in no way impacts my decision to by.

Honestly, Ford wasn't even on my radar for my next vehicle prior to the Bronco reveal. The top vehicles on my list were a Toyota Highlander, Mini Countryman, and Audi A5.

My view of buying American is fairly simple: If two products are essentially matched in both quality and features (that I want), I will buy American. Otherwise, I buy whatever is superior in quality and features.

I believe in supporting American workers and companies, but not if doing so encourages them to produce lesser products. That doesn't benefit us in the long run - it just encourages companies to sacrifice quality for a short-term profit. I want American companies to produce good quality products and support their workforce - even if that requires me to pay a little more.
Sponsored

Mke_80

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the automotive industries you never know how much of what is made where. I guess the made in USA could be replaced by assemble in USA . I get that most of the frame and assembly is made in USA but for all the other part if you search long enough on the web you find out that most is sourced from other countries. One site says that Spain makes the ecoboost engines and the transmission be made in China . True or not . not very important to me. What I want is quality. I know that assemble/build is USA will give me a certain degree of quality assurance quality control. That being said globalization is not a good thing like when you only have one manufacturer of air bag per example and they have problems, then you end up with millions of air bag to change. I don't know why people say here that made in USA is so important when they all go to the big stores and buy all the imported stuff. I mean to be honest we import everything .. I mean everything. It's not a new problem, it's been going on for over 40 years now when all the manufacturers decided that it would be cheaper to move to the emerging countries to save money. Then you realize that these countries have been doing dumping for so long that the price is no longer sustainable for the local industries that would like to compete in today's market.

To concluded , no hard feelings for people that said it was a deal breaker if not in USA because this is actually what we need to keep our manufacturer here.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm seeing a ton of posts saying "I buy American or bust". But literally under these same profile names are a ton of owned vehicles that are generally not made in the US.

Ford Bronco Built in the USA-How important is it for you? Untitled

Intense

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve been making a concerted effort to buy products that are made or assembled here for the sake of our citizens. Especially in light of this COVID thing, I’ve been specifically checking all labels for China (extremely difficult to avoid!) and will spend considerably more to avoid them but... sometimes (like at the hardware store the other day) it seems it’s only made there.

We need much more of our manufacturing back.

Sponsored

kylebw7

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover D2, Charger Daytona
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My clothes, boots, cars, toiletries, basically anything I can possibly buy is American made. I buy my groceries from farmer’s markets and local butchers. The company that makes most of my clothes sources their material from foreign countries for the most part as they make better stuff but hand makes the clothing in NYC. I drove Land Rover vehicles in the past but with everything going on in the world I’ve switched to all American or even local when I can. Definitely not shopping at Walmart.

SkullsWalk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI 3-Door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me not a deciding factor, but I'm glad to see it's being assembled in MI. That being said, as long as they take the build quality seriously then I will be happy. With the recent jacked up launches Ford has gone through they need a win and if the bronco starts breaking and falling apart after a couple years then I think they will have a big problem on their hands.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Built in the USA-How important is it for you?

As all of you know, the new Bronco will be built in Wayne, Michigan USA. (Compared to it’s little sister built in MX)

So, I am curious to know, how important is this fact for all of you?

Is this one of the deciding factors to purchase this vehicle?

I try to buy all Made in USA products

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Boy oh Boy people are going to hate my response.

I generally do not want my vehicle assembled in the united states as the UAW is the most corrupt union in the developed world.

I was a launch engineer - that means I literally lived in the plants doing technical work. The shit I saw union workers get away with day in and day out was incredible. They are not fireable. They borderline would have to murder a man to get canned.

Every single day I watched these dudes get BOMBED in the parking lot and then come into the plant and shittly assemble your vehicle that I assure you was well engineered and designed.

There is zero accountability and that is what leads to most quality issues that customers report.

its bad. very bad.

The plant in Japan that assembles 4runners currently is a gold standard. The one that is going to produce the bronco? Not so much...

When was that?..1970's? Japan outsources a crap load to china ( talk about junk - most of their replacement made parts have to be returned 3 times before you get a good one) now, their population is so old they are having a hard time keeping things going. In addition robotics now accounts for over 60% of production..all the manufacturing is very close.

https://thediplomat.com/2019/11/how-does-japans-aging-society-affect-its-economy/

While your "gold standard" plant may assemble them, a good amount of components coming from china and Vietnam.

Under new USMCA..we have pretty much ended Chinese made components in Made in USA vehicles ..must be mainly North American components and even higher USA component content for Trucks/SUVs

But hey glad you are keeping the Japan economy going

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

USMCA did not eliminate foreign parts, it just changed the allowed percent from 62.5% to 70% by value. Below is the excerpt from the bill.

ElevatesRegionalValueContent(RVC)RequirementsEstablishesanRVCof75percent(vs.62.5percentinNAFTA),withsimilarlyhighcontentthresholdsforcore,principal,andcomplementaryparts.

Sponsored

Intense

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My clothes, boots, cars, toiletries, basically anything I can possibly buy is American made. I buy my groceries from farmer’s markets and local butchers. The company that makes most of my clothes sources their material from foreign countries for the most part as they make better stuff but hand makes the clothing in NYC. I drove Land Rover vehicles in the past but with everything going on in the world I’ve switched to all American or even local when I can. Definitely not shopping at Walmart.
Wal Mart used to advertise Made in USA. That was back when Sam Walton was alive I think.

Bestdayever

Base
First Name
- -Soupbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor.. Boss302..Edge Sport..Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ich bin stolz, amerikanische gebaute Autos zu steuern. ?

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

USMCA did not eliminate foreign parts, it just changed the allowed percent from 62.5% to 70% by value. Below is the excerpt from the bill.

ElevatesRegionalValueContent(RVC)RequirementsEstablishesanRVCof75percent(vs.62.5percentinNAFTA),withsimilarlyhighcontentthresholdsforcore,principal,andcomplementaryparts.
I didn't say it eliminated foreign parts, but china was doing a go around through Mexico and Canada ..that has ended with USMCA ..it increases North American parts content in autos and even more parts "made in USA" not just North American for Trucks/ Suv's sold in the US Market.

I'm very familiar with the legislation.
Sponsored