Sponsored

Built in the USA-How important is it for you?

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd rather have a US made vehicle. My 17' Tacoma is my first foreign vehicle out of 12 vehicles I've owned. I also bought my wife a 17' Audi S3; no US made corresponding vehicle.
Sponsored

knkut

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
knkut.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevrolet Sliverado Ext Cab LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
VERY IMPORTANT (although I know a lot of the components will come from elsewhere) Still like it's being assembled here!
All our products are USA Made and we need that now more than ever before. Support USA Made products and businesses

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where I live, north of Detroit, I'd prefer to drive an American car. Back in the late 2000's, when the economy was crappy and the Big 3 were having all kinds of problems I had an Audi A4 and a Honda Ridgeline for a bit. I got dirty looks and yelled at by other drivers on the road for driving foreign cars. It does depend on what part of Metro Detroit you're in but the more blue collar areas are definitely more critical of what you drive.

For a minute back in 2016, between my wife and I, we had a red Cadillac ATS, a white Chevy Spark and my blue Wrangler. More by coincidence than anything. We sold the Spark after my wife upgraded to the Caddy.

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a little bit of a different viewpoint then some maybe. I do love the fact that my Bronco will be "made in America" first of all. I'm coming from a Toyota 4Runner which is one of the few that are still 100% made in Japan. The quality of workmanship coming out of the Japanese plant is absolute top of the line. Toyota quality is good but 4Runner quality is way beyond that. If it were a perfect world I'd have my Bronco engineered and designed by Ford and assembled by Toyota in Japan.

I'm not a big proponent of corrupt unions. I work in a field that has unions and I see the BS that they cause and robbery that happens.

That all being said I Proudly fly the American Flag on my 4Runner and I will fly it on my Bronco!!??

Sponsored

MadJawa889

Black Diamond
First Name
Aric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would say in light of recent events our economy needs people to purchase American products. I was looking at the 4Runner before Ford released the Bronco, and it really got me thinking about changing my plans. I think if Ford can match the value of the 4Runner at the same price tag I will definitely keep my reservation. Right now I feel the 4Runner is the bench mark so Ford has to show up

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

100% it is a deciding factor.
A good chunk of my income comes from servicing our steel mills.
I will not buy vehicles built/primarily assembled outside our borders.
Not that I've ever had one, but I may make exception for Euro cars.
Gots ta have dat Beemer.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How to answer and still be PC? Let's say the biggest disappointment I have had was when I bought a Tacoma and found out it was built by the factory in Mid California... I was pissed.

When I bought my Mazda, I specifically bought their top trim (in part because I wanted all the bells and whistles) but also because the Top Ters where built in Japan, where the others were built in Mexico.

There are some excellent and highly work-ethic folks in America, but my preferences would be

1) Japan
2) Germany
2) USA (if I have to)
3) Korea
4) Mexico or anywhere else ... I would pause and double take if it was worth it.

captchathis

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd rather have a US made vehicle. My 17' Tacoma is my first foreign vehicle out of 12 vehicles I've owned. I also bought my wife a 17' Audi S3; no US made corresponding vehicle.
Most Tacomas are made in the US. If yours isn't then it was made in Mexico.

NonfatWombat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands 4-Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's always a consideration but reliability is paramount.

I was stung by the Focus' pathetic transmission and have nagging issues with my Rubi.

Sponsored

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's always a consideration but reliability is paramount.

I was stung by the Focus' pathetic transmission and have nagging issues with my Rubi.
I don't know a whole lot about the nature of that specific issue, but my guess is that it was engineering/design related and not assembly/manufacturing related. No point beyond this. :)

NonfatWombat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands 4-Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know a whole lot about the nature of that specific issue, but my guess is that it was engineering/design related and not assembly/manufacturing related. No point beyond this. :)
It was and knowingly green-lighted by Ford. Sure left a bad taste in my mouth - this Bronco better wash that bad taste away!

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I own a Tacoma that was built in the united states. That gave me some sense of pride knowing my truck was built stateside. The Bronco is made and designed here in the USA. Ford didn't take bail out money. Ive held stock in the company for years. They as a company are about as American as it gets these days. I will say that is a bonus but as an off road contender they're blowing everything else out of the water. I can dump plenty more in my Tacoma to get front lockers and some extra goodies.... or I can just get a Bronco and have it beyond trail ready from the factory.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Boy oh Boy people are going to hate my response.

I generally do not want my vehicle assembled in the united states as the UAW is the most corrupt union in the developed world.

I was a launch engineer - that means I literally lived in the plants doing technical work. The shit I saw union workers get away with day in and day out was incredible. They are not fireable. They borderline would have to murder a man to get canned.

Every single day I watched these dudes get BOMBED in the parking lot and then come into the plant and shittly assemble your vehicle that I assure you was well engineered and designed.

There is zero accountability and that is what leads to most quality issues that customers report.

its bad. very bad.

The plant in Japan that assembles 4runners currently is a gold standard. The one that is going to produce the bronco? Not so much...
Guess you're not getting a Bronco. As a union member, i AM fireable. Yeah, we have more lives than a cat, but if you screw up enough you're out of a job. Having said that, union leaders ARE corrupt as hell.