First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Taurus, 02 SVT Focus, 74 C10, 69 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
First, let me be clear: from the day that the UAW spilled the beans like a clumsy chef, I've been hoping, wishing and praying for a base model, two doors, three pedals. I got all of that, and I am VERY grateful for that! Thanks Ford!

On with my build. There's a few upgrades I wanted on my base model that are not available. Namely, I was hoping to be able to get the Sasquatch 4wd goodies a la carte, but such is not to be. Basically, I wanted and auto mode for the 4wd, since we're planning many trips out to the PNW (I live in Mississippi, about 50 miles north of the Gulf coast), and having an auto mode in the snowy mountains would be amazing. However, I'm perfectly fine with the shift-on-the-fly 4wd. Same with locking diffs, I wanted them but I can live without them.

Another thing is the "hose it out or drive in the rain topless" MGV interior. I was really excited about that, but it's not on option on the base model.

Overall, these are very minor concerns for me, and I'll still choose my base, non-Sasquach version with those glorious steel wheels.

One more thing I wanted but wasn't there, and it isnt a trim level issue, was the donut doors. I love them, but I'm okay with the Totally Tubular doors as a stand-in.

So, I added a few accessories like the optional front bumper and grille guard. I didn't see anything for the slide-out tailgate or a few other things I've heard mentioned. Maybe they will be added later.

My hope, but not ultimatum, is that Ford will make the 4wd goodies available individually, MGV optional on any trim, and figure out a way to create the donut doors using the tubular doors as a frame, perhaps? As I said, NONE of these are deal breakers whatsoever.

Ford built me my base model with a manual and two doors. Even the steelies I wanted are on it, I was planning to swap out with a Ranger XL to get them if they made something else standard instead! I was SUPER EXCITED when I saw that leaked photo taken inside the plant showing a two door with the steelies proudly shining lol. They just make it so much more utilitarian and rugged looking, especially when I replace the all seasons with all terrain tires a few hours after I take delivery.

But, Unfortunately, that will be a long time. I decided to take a job closer to home in order to care for my elderly parents. With this came a severe pay cut, so I'm not really in a position to buy a new vehicle until something changes. This is why I have not put in a reservation.

I am very excited about the Bronco, and my take-home price is under $32k! I think that is outstanding, considering I would never find a new hardtop Wrangler for that price, especially when equipped like the Bronco is.

Not that I'd buy a Jeep, anyway. If Ford hadn't built me the Bronco I wanted and could afford, I'd have built an older SUV into what I wanted rather than buying a Jeep. I'd probably just get a 4wd Ranger XL or F-150 XL instead (referring to buying new). The only non-Ford vehicles I'd consider (buying new) were/are not SUVs or trucks.

I decided to go with Carbonized Gray, I think it combines with the steel wheels to make it look even more purposeful and utilitarian. I love that!

(I was even going to put steelies and all terrain tires on my 2005 Honda Element EX AWD/5MT, before that thing showed me that a 2005 Honda and a 1995 Honda are NOT cut from the same cloth.)

By the time the reservations get filled and they start showing up in earnest at dealers, I'll hopefully be back to work at a good job, putting my certification I just received to use.

On the other hand, my boyfriend and I are talking about buying some property and starting a farm from scratch, as crazy as that sounds. A couple of gay farmers in the woods of Mississippi? You heard it here first, lol. I can imagine my little Bronco being very useful around the farm/property. Who needs a side-by-side? The Bronco and a Honda Rancher or Foreman will do just fine.

Be all that as it may, it's looking like 2022 is gonna be the best I can shoot for. So proud that they built one just how I wanted it.

I know Ford could have saved a lot of money and earned more profit by only building a 4 door version with an automatic, which is probably gonna be what most are, but I'm glad they decided to cater to the enthusiasts who have specific wants and needs outside of the normal, every man buyer. Thanks again, Ford! I promise to show my appreciation as soon as I can.

vehicle (8).jpeg

vehicle (9).jpeg

vehicle.png
Sponsored

TJ Freestone

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
First, let me be clear: from the day that the UAW spilled the beans like a clumsy chef, I've been hoping, wishing and praying for a base model, two doors, three pedals. I got all of that, and I am VERY grateful for that! Thanks Ford!

On with my build. There's a few upgrades I wanted on my base model that are not available. Namely, I was hoping to be able to get the Sasquatch 4wd goodies a la carte, but such is not to be. Basically, I wanted and auto mode for the 4wd, since we're planning many trips out to the PNW (I live in Mississippi, about 50 miles north of the Gulf coast), and having an auto mode in the snowy mountains would be amazing. However, I'm perfectly fine with the shift-on-the-fly 4wd. Same with locking diffs, I wanted them but I can live without them.

Another thing is the "hose it out or drive in the rain topless" MGV interior. I was really excited about that, but it's not on option on the base model.

Overall, these are very minor concerns for me, and I'll still choose my base, non-Sasquach version with those glorious steel wheels.

One more thing I wanted but wasn't there, and it isnt a trim level issue, was the donut doors. I love them, but I'm okay with the Totally Tubular doors as a stand-in.

So, I added a few accessories like the optional front bumper and grille guard. I didn't see anything for the slide-out tailgate or a few other things I've heard mentioned. Maybe they will be added later.

My hope, but not ultimatum, is that Ford will make the 4wd goodies available individually, MGV optional on any trim, and figure out a way to create the donut doors using the tubular doors as a frame, perhaps? As I said, NONE of these are deal breakers whatsoever.

Ford built me my base model with a manual and two doors. Even the steelies I wanted are on it, I was planning to swap out with a Ranger XL to get them if they made something else standard instead! I was SUPER EXCITED when I saw that leaked photo taken inside the plant showing a two door with the steelies proudly shining lol. They just make it so much more utilitarian and rugged looking, especially when I replace the all seasons with all terrain tires a few hours after I take delivery.

But, Unfortunately, that will be a long time. I decided to take a job closer to home in order to care for my elderly parents. With this came a severe pay cut, so I'm not really in a position to buy a new vehicle until something changes. This is why I have not put in a reservation.

I am very excited about the Bronco, and my take-home price is under $32k! I think that is outstanding, considering I would never find a new hardtop Wrangler for that price, especially when equipped like the Bronco is.

Not that I'd buy a Jeep, anyway. If Ford hadn't built me the Bronco I wanted and could afford, I'd have built an older SUV into what I wanted rather than buying a Jeep. I'd probably just get a 4wd Ranger XL or F-150 XL instead (referring to buying new). The only non-Ford vehicles I'd consider (buying new) were/are not SUVs or trucks.

I decided to go with Carbonized Gray, I think it combines with the steel wheels to make it look even more purposeful and utilitarian. I love that!

(I was even going to put steelies and all terrain tires on my 2005 Honda Element EX AWD/5MT, before that thing showed me that a 2005 Honda and a 1995 Honda are NOT cut from the same cloth.)

By the time the reservations get filled and they start showing up in earnest at dealers, I'll hopefully be back to work at a good job, putting my certification I just received to use.

On the other hand, my boyfriend and I are talking about buying some property and starting a farm from scratch, as crazy as that sounds. A couple of gay farmers in the woods of Mississippi? You heard it here first, lol. I can imagine my little Bronco being very useful around the farm/property. Who needs a side-by-side? The Bronco and a Honda Rancher or Foreman will do just fine.

Be all that as it may, it's looking like 2022 is gonna be the best I can shoot for. So proud that they built one just how I wanted it.

I know Ford could have saved a lot of money and earned more profit by only building a 4 door version with an automatic, which is probably gonna be what most are, but I'm glad they decided to cater to the enthusiasts who have specific wants and needs outside of the normal, every man buyer. Thanks again, Ford! I promise to show my appreciation as soon as I can.

Ford Bronco Built my Bronco. vehicle

Good luck with your parents. It sounds like you have your priorities correct. A Bronco will come to you in time.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

I like your story and hope you get your Bronco as soon as practical. I have two young daughters, so need the 4Dr. I'm probably going Badlands, which is expensive overkill for my needs. I do love the looks and simplicity of the 2dr manual though. If I can swing it, I might get a second Bronco, Base 2dr manual in white with few, if any options. I'd paint the steelies white and give it to one of my daughters 12 years from now. A manual 4wd drive convertible Bronco will be cool in the future electric world.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know it's probably not right, but it is 3AM and I've been up awhile. I had to laugh at the thought of some gay Mississippi farmers. Maybe if y'all can get in touch with the guy buying the Bronco with his wife and livein girlfriend, you could carpool. Probably even get a cool reality show.
Sorry.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Base is an incredible value for a fully capable rig. Good luck with your future plans, but all things happen for a reason. It sounds like you have your priorities correct. When you get the opportunity again, your Bronco will be waiting.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A Base is just that , so I really understand why Ford doesn't offer much in the upgrade dept . It is great that we can get the Sasquatch on the base though and everything that comes with it is amazing for the price . I do think starting with the Black diamond they should offer most everything else outside of the sway bar disconnect and Lux package as an option .

I have no idea why they even offer the signature lights as an option on the Big Bend and not the next one up ?? I stand by my statement that Ford makes cars , not sense .

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mississippi, all the charms of Alabama with a huge river that floods and destroys everything you worked for thrown in as a bonus.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JohnTaurus

JohnTaurus

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know it's probably not right, but it is 3AM and I've been up awhile. I had to laugh at the thought of some gay Mississippi farmers. Maybe if y'all can get in touch with the guy buying the Bronco with his wife and livein girlfriend, you could carpool. Probably even get a cool reality show.
Sorry.
That's why I left that in the post, I didnt intended to "come out" or go off on an unrelated subject, but it was fine after I wrote it, and I hoped some of y'all would get the humor in it. We certainly do!

And yeah, we're heathens, just like unmarried straight couples and pot smokers. I'm okay with that. Haha!

OP
OP
JohnTaurus

JohnTaurus

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mississippi, all the charms of Alabama with a huge river that floods and destroys everything you worked for thrown in as a bonus.
I'm on the opposite side of the Mississippi river. In fact, the 40 acres we are looking at is about half of a mile from the Alabama border.

During the hurricane, we got relatively light damage with no flooding.

OP
OP
JohnTaurus

JohnTaurus

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Base is an incredible value for a fully capable rig. Good luck with your future plans, but all things happen for a reason. It sounds like you have your priorities correct. When you get the opportunity again, your Bronco will be waiting.
Thanks to everyone for the encouragement. I really appreciate it!

Edit: I tried to multi-quote everyone who had something similar to say, but I must've gotten it wrong. Oh well, thanks again guys/gals(?)!

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good luck and good on you to think of parents first,(been there done that),most likely in a year or two the base models that flooded the rental fleets will come to auction for great deals.

OP
OP
JohnTaurus

JohnTaurus

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good luck and good on you to think of parents first,(been there done that),most likely in a year or two the base models that flooded the rental fleets will come to auction for great deals.
Thanks!

And probably so, but I'm betting that 4 door automatic Big Bend models will be the more popular fleet choice. I highly doubt that they'll have a manual two door.

I intend to order the Bronco I want. If it take 5 years before I can, that's fine. I got three Fords and a Chevy pickup to get me by until then! Haha. (None are 4wd, but they're fine for my everyday driving.)
Sponsored