Sponsored

BuiltRight Industries - Cargo Area MOLLE System - Seeking feedback!

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Totally in for this
2 dr up in 🇨🇦
light weight, modular, ease of install and making use of available space high on my list

u guys rock!
Sponsored

tjparisi

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4D 7M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d be very interested in this for sure. I have a four door badlands and would mostly have the rear seats up/occupied. Hate the lack of attachment points in the trunk… anything I put back there flies around. Really the only negative I’ve had so far. +1 for moving things back towards the gate. +1 for doing something with the seat backs. +1 for doing something modular, I plan to rock crawl and mall crawl and would love the flexibility.

LowerDixie77

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco, 2009 F150, 2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you post some pics with the rear seats up? Are you planning on making a system that can go in back of rear seat similar to front seats of Badlands or Black Diamond? I’d love to be able to secure gear with seats up. I do like your products.

wyobronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond 2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Alright, the time has finally come to share a bit of this project with you guys. If you aren't familiar with @BuiltRight Industries, have a look at the two threads that I'll link to below for an idea of what we do and check out this page for who we are. We invented (and patented) the MOLLE panel system for the bed of a pickup truck and we've been excited to bring the experience and feedback of tens of thousands of customers to the Bronco platform. I've got a 2dr Big Bend myself, which has been our R&D vehicle for the past month or so. Loving it so far!

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/builtright-industries-innovative-gear-mounting-systems.15443/
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...oduct-development-small-business-style.16269/

Project: Cargo Area MOLLE System for 2dr and 4dr Bronco

Purpose: The goal with this system is to offer a modular way to mount tools, gear, accessories and so on in the cargo area of your Bronco. We want the panels to be easy to install and unobtrusive when it comes to using the cargo area for other purposes. The panels must be strong enough to support the weight of heavier items, like an ARB compressor or recovery gear. The goal is to make use of otherwise unusable space in order to keep your cargo area clear for other gear.

Background: I had typed out a long story here but decided to just keep it simple. Ford reached out in 2019 asking us to design MOLLE panels for the Bronco. Excited by the opportunity (but taking care to protect our best ideas), we met virtually and in person a number of times, reviewing Ford objectives, Bronco models and so on. We developed some concepts, shared rough details and manufacturing costs before it was made clear to us that we'd need to sacrifice our quality and manufacturing standards in order to meet price targets. I expressed concern and that was basically the end of that. Fast forward and the dealer catalog shows some MOLLE panel products that are nearly identical to my sketches. Luckily, we didn't share actual CAD models and I'm a terrible artist :LOL:. That being said, by now you've all seen the quality (or lack of) being demonstrated there, so we're even more excited to share what we've been working on.

We're damn close, but would love some feedback or to hear your ideas before we proceed to production and get these ready for you. We've been tight lipped until now, knowing that copycats won't be far behind, but I can't stand to bring a product like this to market without feedback from my fellow enthusiasts that might improve the product and its usefulness!

Process: With every project, we begin by collecting 3D data from the vehicle. In this case, I had the opportunity to fly out to the SEMA Garage in California with my scanner and 3D scan a 3dr and 4dr badlands for about 6hrs. This gave us what we needed to begin designing so that when our R&D vehicles arrived, we'd be able to hit the ground running. From there, we produce prototypes, test, break, revise, produce again, test again and so on. Being a very small business, we have the freedom to experiment and refine the product without 'bean counters' breathing down our necks to cut costs or speed up development. The result of both of those things can be seen in a lot of the 'first to market' products that have been shipping, in our opinion.

bronco_molle_panels_7.JPG

Features (we can add to this based on the discussion):
  • No-drill installation, easily completed with basic hand tools
  • Compatible with top-on and topless driving
  • Does not impact factory tie downs of their ability to lay flat
  • Does not negatively impact storage capacity of cargo area
  • Solid steel construction with factory fit and finish
  • Provisions for attaching a cargo basket that doubles as security lid

We'd like your help! We've already been through a few iterations here and I'm very happy with the mounting and installation procedure (no drilling being a primary requirement). I'm just going to share a few photos of my 2dr below to get the juice flowing and kick off the conversation. Would love to hear from you guys regarding thoughts, concerns, feedback, ideas, how you'd use panels like this and so on. Keep in mind that these panels are really a 'blank canvas' and will be used as a platform for a host of other mounts and accessories that we've been working on (cargo trays, etc).

I'll respond to every single comment in this thread and will be keeping a list of people that indicate that they're interested (something like "I'm in!" works) so that we can circle back when pre-orders are live.

Matt Beenen
Engineering

bronco_molle_panels_4.jpg

bronco_molle_panels_1.jpg

bronco_molle_panels_5.jpg

bronco_molle_panels_6.jpg
I'm in!

bdg149

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.5 VW Atlas, 1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm all for stuff like this as long as it doesn't rattle (like what we're hearing about the tailgate table). Obviously attaching things to it might cause some noise, but is the system itself quiet?

Sponsored

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Interested and following.

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In for a set, Canada, 2DR. Doubling down on the Modular Enclosure idea, a Seatback Panel and lid that can be added fixed in place with a molle quick release bracket. Quick removal to allow for pass through items as needed.

Last edited:

Jpursuit

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 f250 king ranch 4wd, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just found this thread...I'm in too

2PT7

Wildtrak
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m in!

ToddGinGA

First Edition
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m in!

Looking forward to the 4dr panels!

Sponsored

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is that a double sided Velcro panel on the folded down seat in the last pic? That’s a cool idea

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll for sure get this once my Bronco is delivered!

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm in! These panels are much cleaner and more refined than what I have seen to this point. Would love the side molle panels with a mid-height tray/cover for the cargo area. I want the option to leave the seat backs clear so I can fold down the rear seats for sleeping. Thanks for your work and I cannot wait to see the final products.
Sponsored