Sponsored

BuiltRight Industries - Cargo Area MOLLE System - Seeking feedback!

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see a CMMG Banshee and a Shockwave mounted there with plenty room for mag pouches.
Sponsored

Perfect-Beast-2

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100 / 1980 F150 Stepside / 2019 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Having more places to clip stuff is great! I ordered the rear enclosure with the lid that lifts up. I’m not sure how your product would interact with that. I’M probably IN

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am wondering how this is going as well. If there is a removable top for these panels that creates a locked space when the top is off and the seats are back I will be buying as well. I don't like the permanent box solutions, they restrict too much cargo space.

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am wondering how this is going as well. If there is a removable top for these panels that creates a locked space when the top is off and the seats are back I will be buying as well. I don't like the permanent box solutions, they restrict too much cargo space.
Same! Are these guys at SEMA this week? Maybe an update?

BroncoFarmer

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m in! I’d like to see that version for a 4 door and no lid. Personally I’d probably pair it with the tuffy drawer system Ford offers (unless y’all want to make one of those too). I like the idea of a low profile-ish drawer but having the side panels to put small stuff on and still being able to lay the seats down to put an air mattress in or haul stuff.

Sponsored

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@BuiltRight Industries do you all have a timeline of your 4 door plans? I'm supposed to be one of the last MY21s rolling off the factory line, and I'm trying to figure out a trunk security system for my incoming soft top.

ChathamShark

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021, ’20 & ’15 Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alright, the time has finally come to share a bit of this project with you guys. If you aren't familiar with @BuiltRight Industries, have a look at the two threads that I'll link to below for an idea of what we do and check out this page for who we are. We invented (and patented) the MOLLE panel system for the bed of a pickup truck and we've been excited to bring the experience and feedback of tens of thousands of customers to the Bronco platform. I've got a 2dr Big Bend myself, which has been our R&D vehicle for the past month or so. Loving it so far!

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/builtright-industries-innovative-gear-mounting-systems.15443/
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...oduct-development-small-business-style.16269/

Project: Cargo Area MOLLE System for 2dr and 4dr Bronco

Purpose: The goal with this system is to offer a modular way to mount tools, gear, accessories and so on in the cargo area of your Bronco. We want the panels to be easy to install and unobtrusive when it comes to using the cargo area for other purposes. The panels must be strong enough to support the weight of heavier items, like an ARB compressor or recovery gear. The goal is to make use of otherwise unusable space in order to keep your cargo area clear for other gear.

Background: I had typed out a long story here but decided to just keep it simple. Ford reached out in 2019 asking us to design MOLLE panels for the Bronco. Excited by the opportunity (but taking care to protect our best ideas), we met virtually and in person a number of times, reviewing Ford objectives, Bronco models and so on. We developed some concepts, shared rough details and manufacturing costs before it was made clear to us that we'd need to sacrifice our quality and manufacturing standards in order to meet price targets. I expressed concern and that was basically the end of that. Fast forward and the dealer catalog shows some MOLLE panel products that are nearly identical to my sketches. Luckily, we didn't share actual CAD models and I'm a terrible artist :LOL:. That being said, by now you've all seen the quality (or lack of) being demonstrated there, so we're even more excited to share what we've been working on.

We're damn close, but would love some feedback or to hear your ideas before we proceed to production and get these ready for you. We've been tight lipped until now, knowing that copycats won't be far behind, but I can't stand to bring a product like this to market without feedback from my fellow enthusiasts that might improve the product and its usefulness!

Process: With every project, we begin by collecting 3D data from the vehicle. In this case, I had the opportunity to fly out to the SEMA Garage in California with my scanner and 3D scan a 3dr and 4dr badlands for about 6hrs. This gave us what we needed to begin designing so that when our R&D vehicles arrived, we'd be able to hit the ground running. From there, we produce prototypes, test, break, revise, produce again, test again and so on. Being a very small business, we have the freedom to experiment and refine the product without 'bean counters' breathing down our necks to cut costs or speed up development. The result of both of those things can be seen in a lot of the 'first to market' products that have been shipping, in our opinion.

bronco_molle_panels_7.JPG

Features (we can add to this based on the discussion):
  • No-drill installation, easily completed with basic hand tools
  • Compatible with top-on and topless driving
  • Does not impact factory tie downs of their ability to lay flat
  • Does not negatively impact storage capacity of cargo area
  • Solid steel construction with factory fit and finish
  • Provisions for attaching a cargo basket that doubles as security lid

We'd like your help! We've already been through a few iterations here and I'm very happy with the mounting and installation procedure (no drilling being a primary requirement). I'm just going to share a few photos of my 2dr below to get the juice flowing and kick off the conversation. Would love to hear from you guys regarding thoughts, concerns, feedback, ideas, how you'd use panels like this and so on. Keep in mind that these panels are really a 'blank canvas' and will be used as a platform for a host of other mounts and accessories that we've been working on (cargo trays, etc).

I'll respond to every single comment in this thread and will be keeping a list of people that indicate that they're interested (something like "I'm in!" works) so that we can circle back when pre-orders are live.

Matt Beenen
Engineering

bronco_molle_panels_4.jpg

bronco_molle_panels_1.jpg

bronco_molle_panels_5.jpg

bronco_molle_panels_6.jpg
I bought the storage box drawer and would like to see compatibility with the drawer in your system. Probably enough room to install as is just have to give up the bottom 8 inches

CliffCo

Big Bend
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver, Big Bend Sasquatch (MIC top)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

🦗🦗 any updates? 🦗🦗

Sponsored

cd13

Badlands
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m in for a 2 door set

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alright, the time has finally come to share a bit of this project with you guys. If you aren't familiar with @BuiltRight Industries, have a look at the two threads that I'll link to below for an idea of what we do and check out this page for who we are. We invented (and patented) the MOLLE panel system for the bed of a pickup truck and we've been excited to bring the experience and feedback of tens of thousands of customers to the Bronco platform. I've got a 2dr Big Bend myself, which has been our R&D vehicle for the past month or so. Loving it so far!

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/builtright-industries-innovative-gear-mounting-systems.15443/
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...oduct-development-small-business-style.16269/

Project: Cargo Area MOLLE System for 2dr and 4dr Bronco

Purpose: The goal with this system is to offer a modular way to mount tools, gear, accessories and so on in the cargo area of your Bronco. We want the panels to be easy to install and unobtrusive when it comes to using the cargo area for other purposes. The panels must be strong enough to support the weight of heavier items, like an ARB compressor or recovery gear. The goal is to make use of otherwise unusable space in order to keep your cargo area clear for other gear.

Background: I had typed out a long story here but decided to just keep it simple. Ford reached out in 2019 asking us to design MOLLE panels for the Bronco. Excited by the opportunity (but taking care to protect our best ideas), we met virtually and in person a number of times, reviewing Ford objectives, Bronco models and so on. We developed some concepts, shared rough details and manufacturing costs before it was made clear to us that we'd need to sacrifice our quality and manufacturing standards in order to meet price targets. I expressed concern and that was basically the end of that. Fast forward and the dealer catalog shows some MOLLE panel products that are nearly identical to my sketches. Luckily, we didn't share actual CAD models and I'm a terrible artist :LOL:. That being said, by now you've all seen the quality (or lack of) being demonstrated there, so we're even more excited to share what we've been working on.

We're damn close, but would love some feedback or to hear your ideas before we proceed to production and get these ready for you. We've been tight lipped until now, knowing that copycats won't be far behind, but I can't stand to bring a product like this to market without feedback from my fellow enthusiasts that might improve the product and its usefulness!

Process: With every project, we begin by collecting 3D data from the vehicle. In this case, I had the opportunity to fly out to the SEMA Garage in California with my scanner and 3D scan a 3dr and 4dr badlands for about 6hrs. This gave us what we needed to begin designing so that when our R&D vehicles arrived, we'd be able to hit the ground running. From there, we produce prototypes, test, break, revise, produce again, test again and so on. Being a very small business, we have the freedom to experiment and refine the product without 'bean counters' breathing down our necks to cut costs or speed up development. The result of both of those things can be seen in a lot of the 'first to market' products that have been shipping, in our opinion.

bronco_molle_panels_7.JPG

Features (we can add to this based on the discussion):
  • No-drill installation, easily completed with basic hand tools
  • Compatible with top-on and topless driving
  • Does not impact factory tie downs of their ability to lay flat
  • Does not negatively impact storage capacity of cargo area
  • Solid steel construction with factory fit and finish
  • Provisions for attaching a cargo basket that doubles as security lid

We'd like your help! We've already been through a few iterations here and I'm very happy with the mounting and installation procedure (no drilling being a primary requirement). I'm just going to share a few photos of my 2dr below to get the juice flowing and kick off the conversation. Would love to hear from you guys regarding thoughts, concerns, feedback, ideas, how you'd use panels like this and so on. Keep in mind that these panels are really a 'blank canvas' and will be used as a platform for a host of other mounts and accessories that we've been working on (cargo trays, etc).

I'll respond to every single comment in this thread and will be keeping a list of people that indicate that they're interested (something like "I'm in!" works) so that we can circle back when pre-orders are live.

Matt Beenen
Engineering

bronco_molle_panels_4.jpg

bronco_molle_panels_1.jpg

bronco_molle_panels_5.jpg

bronco_molle_panels_6.jpg
Definitely will be adding these to my Bronco. That is when I get it. ⏱ Very nicely done!

Harumph

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1200XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@BuiltRight Industries I’m in!…for 2 door side panels

đź‘Ť aluminum to save weight would be good
Also liking the idea of panels mounting high on the roll bar as an add on

Interested in a tailgate panel that folds down to make a table top

what can you do to replace the nets on front door panels with a more functional design?

Prototypes looking good đź‘Ť

Last edited:

Djd7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Let me know when orders open! 4 dr