Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello ,
have question to anyone who owns Bronco with capable front bumper
my plan was to mount low profile bull bar on to the fender itself with 3 7” round fog lights.
Ford Bronco Bull bar mounting lights question 87BAF1AD-54C1-4045-A1F4-C30BAC5CAF55
I know from photos the steel bumper ( upgrade ) has 4 threaded holes ready for it , but Capable bumper is very different in shape , actually looks like not much room to mount one since the front trims are come straight out. I know there is one very shallow bull bar where even 6-7” round fog lights will clear the Bronco logo. In the photo I attached how much room there is before the light hits the trim , not much like 1,5” perhaps , I am hoping that bull bar might clear out bit more to live some room to work with lights thickness
one photo with 2 7” Teralume that I photoshopped to my own Bronco for reference what I want to build. The other photo is photoshopped mounting lights directly to the bumper , possibility but having bull bar would also protect the front of the Bronco
any tips and links will be greatly appreciated
Les

Ford Bronco Bull bar mounting lights question 0B3CF19A-18C4-48CE-884D-A331E299AA55
Sponsored

Last edited:

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't have that bumper, so I cant be much help. Just wanted to say I love the rally light idea though - I'm rocking a pair of 9" rounds on my Bronco and LOVE them, but I have the modular bumper. Even so, what I did was drill out the brackets to push the lights as far away from the grille as I could. They will vibrate a little if you're going nuts off road and that can and will rub the paint off your grille..

Also, just a general tip - the light harness is really easy to install in that location as you can drop it between the grille and bumper and zip tie it to your existing harness running along the inside of your bumper for the parking sensors/foglight. With the 2.7, there is an opening on the front driver side wheel well that goes straight up by the battery, allowing a nice relay install hooked up to the upfitters.

OP
OP

Les Korcala

Black Diamond
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good to know ! I actually have 7” Hella fog lights on full bull bar and they were easy to wire.
Capable bumper is nice but as name says it’s not so capable haha to fit halogens or fog lights , just no room there !
I take my SUV in the Woodson fire roads and more so having decent bar would be plus ! I could easy mounted directly to the bumper but that is not safe for 450 $ lights
I need to poke around and see if there is somth8ng in the city to see in person and see how would fit.
i too love the rally lights they work ! and look clean not fan of long ass bars with zillion lights on them

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The link is to a capable bumper with KC’s. It can be done.

frkrican2004

Outer Banks
First Name
freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good to know ! I actually have 7” Hella fog lights on full bull bar and they were easy to wire.
Capable bumper is nice but as name says it’s not so capable haha to fit halogens or fog lights , just no room there !
I take my SUV in the Woodson fire roads and more so having decent bar would be plus ! I could easy mounted directly to the bumper but that is not safe for 450 $ lights
I need to poke around and see if there is somth8ng in the city to see in person and see how would fit.
i too love the rally lights they work ! and look clean not fan of long ass bars with zillion lights on them
I also have the high bull bar and would like to mount 3 6" lights in the middle but wasnt sure how to mount on bar instead of my mod bumper. Would you happen to have pics of your setup? Thanks

frkrican2004

Outer Banks
First Name
freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't have that bumper, so I cant be much help. Just wanted to say I love the rally light idea though - I'm rocking a pair of 9" rounds on my Bronco and LOVE them, but I have the modular bumper. Even so, what I did was drill out the brackets to push the lights as far away from the grille as I could. They will vibrate a little if you're going nuts off road and that can and will rub the paint off your grille..

Also, just a general tip - the light harness is really easy to install in that location as you can drop it between the grille and bumper and zip tie it to your existing harness running along the inside of your bumper for the parking sensors/foglight. With the 2.7, there is an opening on the front driver side wheel well that goes straight up by the battery, allowing a nice relay install hooked up to the upfitters.
Can you provide some pics of your setup as i am wanting to add the 3 light ralley look between my high bull bar and modular bumper but not sure how to mount. Thanks

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you provide some pics of your setup as i am wanting to add the 3 light ralley look between my high bull bar and modular bumper but not sure how to mount. Thanks
If the rain ever stops, I'll go try to snap some photos.

I have the modular bumper, so I added a nutsert and reused an existing Bronco bolt hole on each to mount each light (2 bolts total per light - one existing Bronco bolt hold and 1 new hole with a nutsert).

All of the existing Bronco Bolts are screwed into Nutserts on the bumper, so your new holes will be just as sturdy as the ones you have now.

Ford Bronco Bull bar mounting lights question 1670178503815

You can even find black nutserts to match the bumper. Not truly necessary since the light bracket will cover it, but the option is there.

Make sure to use a straight edge to line up all of your mounts dead straight and then mark the locations to add the nutserts.

You can get entire nutsert kits on Amazon for less than $100 and they are incredibly handy to have. The ability to add threads to thick sheet metal like the bumper is a game changer for DYI mods.
Sponsored