Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anybody have any guesses as to the percentage of customers who have their production dates bumped? How about those who've been bumped multiple times (I'm on bump #5)?

I ask because, from reading these forums, it seems to be pretty much expected. But I recognize that people who are NOT bumped would not be posting here so maybe I'm just seeing a small fraction of overall customers.

If bumping is the norm - Ford is really screwing the pooch from a marketing angle with these damn emails. Telling customers "we'll build on this date. Wait, no...this date. No..no...now this date. Just kidding....it's actually THIS date" - only serves to put a bad taste in customer's mouths.

If they know build dates are such a fragile thing - then better to say nothing and not put false hopes out there.

In the end - I'll get it when I get it. And I had no hard feelings toward Ford for the long wait that I was fully prepared to take when I signed up. Until recently. This non-stop taunting with a moving target build date is really getting on my nerves.

They'd be better off to just STFU until the dealer calls you up and asks, "when you wanna come pick it up" Nobody get's pissed off that way (well...fewer people, anyway)

e.g. "You knew it was going to be a long wait. You got a long wait. So what's your problem?"
Sponsored

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
At least you are getting some feedback/updated communications from Ford. All I have received is order confirmations and Rodeo invites. I'd be happy with a VIN or production date no matter how many times I'm bumped. Best of luck as it sounds as if your wait is almost over!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
State when your original build date was, and the bumps.

Or post in the specific build-week thread you are now in as then you can see what is happening to others instead of thousands of sticks in the wind.

With what you provided, it's almost guaranteed nobody can help give you any actual guidance on when your build might end up. As for now, this thread is just a rant.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If bumping is the norm - Ford is really screwing the pooch from a marketing angle with these damn emails. Telling customers "we'll build on this date. Wait, no...this date. No..no...now this date. Just kidding....it's actually THIS date" - only serves to put a bad taste in customer's mouths.
Bumping is the norm. As far as the emails being sent, for some reason Ford went back to the MY21 playbook of sending out emails right after initial scheduling and then continuing to send them out upon rescheduling. For MY22, Ford had gotten away from immediately notifying people of being scheduled and thus the several re-scheduling email in favor of only sending out a scheduled email when the build week was imminent. Of course those in the know were able to track their many bumps via the backdoor.

Sponsored

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I never did get bumped.

Scheduled the week of Oct 17th and was told by my dealer just two weeks before. It was shipped the following Tuesday (25th) and I have been driving it since October 31st.

I would think that would be pretty atypical and though I am in Canada, I am only a few hours from Detroit.

So my time from knowledge of my VIN to driving was about 4 weeks, and 9.5 months from when I ordered.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So my time from knowledge of my VIN to driving was about 4 weeks, and 9.5 months from when I ordered.
The last real round of scheduling for MY22 was on 9/8. You were most likely scheduled way before your dealer notified you and probably got bumped around a few times without knowing. Congrats on the Bronco.

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The last real round of scheduling for MY22 was on 9/8. You were most likely scheduled way before your dealer notified you and probably got bumped around a few times without knowing. Congrats on the Bronco.
yup for sure, despite me bugging him, he obviously never looked it up. I was annoying but it saved me a month of the worst waiting right at the end, so I guess he did me a favour

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anybody have any guesses as to the percentage of customers who have their production dates bumped? How about those who've been bumped multiple times (I'm on bump #5)?

I ask because, from reading these forums, it seems to be pretty much expected. But I recognize that people who are NOT bumped would not be posting here so maybe I'm just seeing a small fraction of overall customers.

If they know build dates are such a fragile thing - then better to say nothing and not put false hopes out there.

In the end - I'll get it when I get it. And I had no hard feelings toward Ford for the long wait that I was fully prepared to take when I signed up. Until recently. This non-stop taunting with a moving target build date is really getting on my nerves.

They'd be better off to just STFU until the dealer calls you up and asks, "when you wanna come pick it up" Nobody get's pissed off that way (well...fewer people, anyway)

e.g. "You knew it was going to be a long wait. You got a long wait. So what's your problem?"
Do you have a VIN #?

OP
OP
Figmo

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As for now, this thread is just a rant.
Gee, ya think??

You're GD right it's a rant! I would have thought that to be obvious. Next time, I'll look for the "rant" tag ahead of time.

This question has nothing to do with others in a particular build week. I was asking about bumps in general. Are they the exception? Or the rule?

(EDIT: appears the answer is not "the rule" - but still common)

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Figmo

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Of course those in the know were able to track their many bumps via the backdoor.
Backdoor don't work for me (I think because I'm a walk in).

Regardless, even if it did, my problem is not "not knowing". Ford is communicating with me plenty.
My beef is being told a date and then right before that date arrives - getting pushed back to a new date, which right before it arrives getting pushed back to another date (repeat until you're just so sick of it you come out to forum such as this and rant)

Backdoor, front door, side door....no matter how you slice it....it's still bologna.

If Ford KNOWS they can't commit to a date - then they should just remain silent until they can.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford can do worse by communicating less. It's good that they que you in on what's happening to your build so you can plan ahead of time and have a successful and hopefully, less stressful purchasing experience

Broncos 4 evah

Black Diamond
First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got bumped about 5 times. My first prod date was 5/27, my last was 8/5. Took delivery on 9/23.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 23 has bumped twice. Got the email yesterday. Each time in moved back 11/14 ->11/28->12/5. Common occurrence. My 21 was moved forward a week last November.

Remember each Bronco has thousands of parts coming together at MAP in a window of hours. Doesn’t take much to shuffle the whole deck or just your card.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was scheduled 2/14, bumped 6 times to 5/2, took delivery 5/14/22