Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone figured out a solution that allows us to mount a winch to the front bumper (specially the capable front bumper in my case) that doesn’t result in having to acquire an entirely new bumper and/or pay for Fords super expensive winch setup?
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone figured out a solution that allows us to mount a winch to the front bumper (specially the capable front bumper in my case) that doesn’t result in having to acquire an entirely new bumper and/or pay for Fords super expensive winch setup?
I watched a YouTube video last night of a guy that welded one up. But then again, that was on his BL and the mod bumper.

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you already took delivery of your rig, then you would have the HD modular bumper instead. Capable bumper will start being used on MY22 (so info may be scarce at this point).

The HD Modular bumper does have a bracket add-on to accept a winch. Here's an article with some pictures of varying angles

https://fordauthority.com/2021/02/2021-ford-bronco-factory-winch-partially-blocks-the-front-camera/

Edit: I imagine aftermarket companies will eventually release winch cradles to be bolted onto the modular bumper. But I am not aware of any at this moment.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So far the details on the ford winch plate are as much as the BYOD rail. Last I recall we are not sure the plate is available as a stand alone part yet.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I watched a YouTube video last night of a guy that welded one up. But then again, that was on his BL and the mod bumper.
Gotta link? I did a quick YouTubes search but came up empty.

Sponsored

Superstition

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon unlimited tricked out
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here it is. I watched this last night too. I'm super impressed with what this guy is doing. He got a follow from me. I can't tell if his winch solution works with the ACC, but it seems to solve the front camera problem with the low profile of the control pack being on the side. It's very nice. I'd buy one if he'd do it commercially.

Superstition

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Superstition

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This guy bought a winch from an Australian manufacturer I'm not familiar with, but after looking at the specs I'm quite impressed. It's a lot less expensive than a Warn and seems to be well built. The low profile is perfect for the Bronco.

Sorry folk's, I'm wrong. This winch is from some company called Stegodon and they sell on Amazon. Not sure what to think just yet.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
oh yeah, about 99.9999999 percent of the people watching this don't have the tools and couldn't do it even if they did! Salute to you, Mr. OP, you sir are a man of many talents!
Sponsored