Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like many of the front bumpers that members have shared on the forum but not a single one seems to address the issue of blocking the intercooler all that effectively...some of them have cutouts around the general location of the intercooler but the majority of them simply block the intercooler. I would love to have a winch and a more heavy duty front bumper but not at the cost of blocking air flow to my intercooler. Is anyone else worried about that? Even slight blockage can result in higher turbo temps...
The front of ARB has large mesh area
Sponsored

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
The base plastic bumper blocks things more than many of these bumpers do. I have the 2.7 and if Ford found it ok to put it behind that bumper I’m fairly comfortable with most of these.

CCB8582B-B441-4D34-A520-BFB586326126.jpeg

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
From Ford:

Ford Bronco Bumpers: Aftermarket Bumper List Screenshot_20230305_184118_Chrome
I have never seen that image but I’m really glad you shared it.

JCR Crusader is probably the only one that fits the bill but no winch. I’d leave the JCR plate off and replace it with mesh.

Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have never seen that image but I’m really glad you shared it.

JCR Crusader is probably the only one that fits the bill but no winch. I’d leave the JCR plate off and replace it with mesh.
Ford Bronco Bumpers: Aftermarket Bumper List Screenshot_20230305_190601_Chrome
If I had to get one today, and because I have the modular bumper, I'd get this...it is a kit that lets you keep your modular bumper and add a winch...

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm sitting with the JCR Crusader in my cart weighing my options.. I really want a winch and I'm really worried about overheating.

I have the base plastic bumper, so no mod fun for me.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sitting with the JCR Crusader in my cart weighing my options.. I really want a winch and I'm really worried about overheating.

I have the base plastic bumper, so no mod fun for me.
I think I'm worried more about Ford denying a warranty if there is overheating regardless of if it's from the bumper or not...so I passed on adding anything that would block any of the area that Ford clearly indicated shouldn't be blocked.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So considering those without LUX and the airflow needs of the intercooler, what are peoples thoughts of mounting two small light pods directly in front of the ACC box on the capable bumper?

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
My current attempt at a solution -

I just ordered the JCR Crusader front bumper. It looks to be the most simple, high fitting and lots of flow if I add a vent or mesh where that open panel spot is and don't add the plate.

I'm also ordering the RC hidden winch mount. If it fits, I'll share. If not, I'll have an RC winch mount for sale.

I am in the open desert and red dirt territory. I wouldn't even know what I would winch to, but I'd much rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. I am also considering a rear mounted winch, but I need to read and learn more if they make any sense at all. I'd just want to get un-stuck.

Sponsored

bronco346

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did any one else install the Scorpion / Barricade tube bumper?

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone have the Relentless Fabrication bumper yet, or seen one up close? I’m curious if the side “wings” are separate bolt on components. I think they are but not 100% on that. Cheers.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone have the Relentless Fabrication bumper yet, or seen one up close? I’m curious if the side “wings” are separate bolt on components. I think they are but not 100% on that. Cheers.
Says Modular so assuming means detachable but why would you want to expose he Bronco to impact once these are off?

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Says Modular so assuming means detachable but why would you want to expose he Bronco to impact once these are off?
I’d prefer they were fully welded on. That said it is one of my favorites so far.

Answering my own question: Yes they are separate bolt on components. I found a YT vid from the “Story till now” that showed the pieces disassembled.
Sponsored