First Name
Jerad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's not seat heaters....if u only have 400 miles it's probably stickers and oils burning off from factory.

Check the wire loom that goes to alternator, some are coming from factory not ziptied, they are rubbing on the belt and causing smells.

Screenshot_20221212_164435_Facebook.jpg
Sponsored

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve been experiencing the same thing. Electrical smell from dash vents started 4-5 days ago. When I open the hood, I can smell it there too. Seemed to be strongest by the fuse box. I took it in to the dealer and they had a ton of guys including the master mechanic looking at it and they all said the same thing but couldn’t find anything, even after inspecting it on the lift. We checked and all fuses were functioning properly. They even hooked it up to their computers and nothing. They thought maybe a burning plastic smell and inspected the entire engine for any plastic pieces touching hot areas and again nothing. They reported it to ford and ford told them to replace the fuse box altogether. They think it may be a fuse box malfunction that is causing internal pieces beneath the fuses to heat up. We shall see, I have my fingers crossed.
I know this is old but did this fix the issue.

Rhinomanj

Raptor
First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have a 2022 Raptor, never used the remote start myself. However, the second week I had it I valet parked it at the airport and I noticed it when I picked it up, maybe they used it. The smell goes away after I open the windows and let the air out. And doesn't return. Seems to be a lot of evidence here of an issue!!!!
Sponsored