First Name
craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fj cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I also have the same smell, 2.3 auto big bend. it is to the point I have to roll down my windows in the morning when I leave after letting it warm up for a few minutes. Doesnt seem to matter if I use the remote start or manually start it
Sponsored

Essexbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
same here. following
I had this today as I remote started and it’s -10 here. Smelled like a belt and I’m not 💯 sure but it feels like power steering is a bit stiffer today. Going to have a dealer look at it. 20,000 km on it. Bought in July

RUBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the same issue. Happens with remote start or normal start, but the common denominator is that it's cold out, and I let it warm up for 10 minutes.

Looking around the interwebs, it looks like Maverick owners also have this issue, and they don't know the cause either. One guy had a glowing red cat converter, so the theory was a rich fuel mixture dumping fuel into the converter. But not everyone has that glowing red converter, so another hypothesis is something to do with the booster heater.

"Electric Booster Heater Operation

The electric booster heater ensures that the passenger compartment can be quickly warmed up when ambient temperatures are low. It is a heater element made up of ceramic resistors that is mounted in the climate control housing. It directly heats the airflow into the passenger compartment rapidly in the case of low ambient temperatures. "

Maverick Forum Thread

The saddest part is I never got my new car smell phase. I have 53 miles on the car and it smells like burnt cloth inside.

Wamland

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have the same issue after remote start in the cold. Have 4500 miles And just started last week. Only appears to happen when using remote start or I just can’t smell it after the truck is moving

ameration

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting: Bronco 4-Door Wildtrak & 2-Door Base
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Took delivery on Tuesday of last week and smelled of burning and when I got home (25 miles on the odometer) a slight haze was coming out around the driver side headlight area. Spoke with my dealership and one of the salesmen that has one said he had the same smell for about the first 100 miles or so.

So far, no more smell / smoke and I’m at 325 miles now.

…and we are in NE Ohio so it’s been cold everyday.

Sponsored

Hambone08

Big Bend
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm getting something similar. I've been observing for a while now. I do not think it's related to the seat warmers. It seems like after the Bronc is running for a while or after I have been driving a while, all of a sudden a smell comes on and I think from the heat vents. I wouldn't say it smells like burnt electrical, it actually reminds me of hot cloth. Like if you are ironing something. Not burning cloth, just hot. I know that sounds weird. It goes away after a while but it happens pretty regularly. I've got nearly 3k on my BB so I don't think it's a thing related to it being brand new.
I have the same thing in my BB , I always use my remote start buy will try to not use it to see it its the seat warmer or something relayed to remote start

Hambone08

Big Bend
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I also have the same smell, 2.3 auto big bend. it is to the point I have to roll down my windows in the morning when I leave after letting it warm up for a few minutes. Doesnt seem to matter if I use the remote start or manually start it
Same thing here with my BB, 2700 miles

Lurker B6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Murph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
"Electric Booster Heater Operation

The electric booster heater ensures that the passenger compartment can be quickly warmed up when ambient temperatures are low. It is a heater element made up of ceramic resistors that is mounted in the climate control housing. It directly heats the airflow into the passenger compartment rapidly in the case of low ambient temperatures.

I am just going to declare that this is it.

No real evidence, other than my nose.

My guess is machine oil, paint, dust, etc. are burning off of this thing. I just installed a 2250 watt one of these in my house, and it's the exact same smell...

Ford Bronco Burning electrical smell coming from HVAC 1643988294089

JLV4

Big Bend
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty 12
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just got my BB today same problem hopefully it goes away

Sponsored

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Took delivery on Tuesday of last week and smelled of burning and when I got home (25 miles on the odometer) a slight haze was coming out around the driver side headlight area. Spoke with my dealership and one of the salesmen that has one said he had the same smell for about the first 100 miles or so.

So far, no more smell / smoke and I’m at 325 miles now.

…and we are in NE Ohio so it’s been cold everyday.
I got 5,900 on mine and I get that burning smell only on remote start. Once I press the start button with the keys inside the vehicle the smells goes away pretty quick. I can smell it when approaching the vehicle.

I’m in NE Ohio also. Cool.

Hang On

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My 2.3 outer banks smells like burnt coffee when using auto start on cold mornings. I gave up looking all over for the source. Seems like its more outside the vehicle. Lately less odor with 1200 miles on the clock. Glad to see I'm not the only one!

ameration

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting: Bronco 4-Door Wildtrak & 2-Door Base
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m in NE Ohio also. Cool.
Did you get yours at Preston? If so, I was there when yours was delivered - my wife’s 4 door Wildtrak finally showed up last week, still waiting on the 2 door BaseSquatch on order.

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you get yours at Preston? If so, I was there when yours was delivered - my wife’s 4 door Wildtrak finally showed up last week, still waiting on the 2 door BaseSquatch on order.
I sure did! I love those guys, worked with Curt on mine. Glad to see they’re getting more delivered!
Sponsored