Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has there been any response from Ford on this?

maricard

Badlands
First Name
Marc-Antoine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same issue

Steve0we

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f-350 , 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same issue here. 2022 wildtrack noticed it multiple times. Noticed it most when the bronco turns off in traffic with the A/C running.

strong burning electrical smell. 791 miles

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Same issue here. 2022 wildtrack noticed it multiple times. Noticed it most when the bronco turns off in traffic with the A/C running.

strong burning electrical smell. 791 miles
Hi there, Steve! Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN number and dealership info, Iā€™ll look into this for you. Thank you!

Lstewart

Big Bend
First Name
Joanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Smelled the burning smell for first time today, it sat for two days prior. As Iā€™m headed to work I was getting out on the hwy so I gassed it a bit from a complete stop I then smelled it for next 15 mins not sure if I needed to stop it scared me. I turned off ac thinking it was a smell outside rolled down the windows and didnā€™t smell it. 2022 BRONCO BIG BEND just over 6,000 miles. AC was the only thing on.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Smelled the burning smell for first time today, it sat for two days prior. As Iā€™m headed to work I was getting out on the hwy so I gassed it a bit from a complete stop I then smelled it for next 15 mins not sure if I needed to stop it scared me. I turned off ac thinking it was a smell outside rolled down the windows and didnā€™t smell it. 2022 BRONCO BIG BEND just over 6,000 miles. AC was the only thing on.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had this on and off for probably the first couple months and now it doesn't happen.

LAN02

Black Diamond
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™ve been experiencing the same thing. Electrical smell from dash vents started 4-5 days ago. When I open the hood, I can smell it there too. Seemed to be strongest by the fuse box. I took it in to the dealer and they had a ton of guys including the master mechanic looking at it and they all said the same thing but couldnā€™t find anything, even after inspecting it on the lift. We checked and all fuses were functioning properly. They even hooked it up to their computers and nothing. They thought maybe a burning plastic smell and inspected the entire engine for any plastic pieces touching hot areas and again nothing. They reported it to ford and ford told them to replace the fuse box altogether. They think it may be a fuse box malfunction that is causing internal pieces beneath the fuses to heat up. We shall see, I have my fingers crossed.

Sponsored
First Name
Jerad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Any update to your smell? I also have a FE and getting this same smell

I have a similar issue that I had my dealer look at in January but they couldn't find anything. Mine happens every time I get off the highway or drive at speeds above around 50MPH for say 10-15+ minutes, and even with 5,600 miles it still happens so it's going in again at the end of the month. I've never had any smell come through after I utilize the remote start though.

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 M998, ā€˜89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any update to your smell? I also have a FE and getting this same smell
It's funny you posted this today because I remember seeing this post from a year ago. I was surprised to see a fresh response on this old thread when I dug it up.

After 569 days of waiting I finally picked up my bronco. I'm only at 100 miles but I also notice a burning plastic smell when the AC is on. Granted it's cold AF in MN so I have the heat going just over 72 degrees. The smell goes away if I turn off the AC.

First Name
Jerad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yours is most likely just new material setting in.
I have 5k miles. And it just started doing this.

matteooshe

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2022 Black diamond with 250 miles and Iā€™m getting the smell for the first time after remote starting in the cold for 15 min. Only smelled it with the heat on. Went away after a bit

The truck was manufactured only 2 months ago so Iā€™m hoping its just new parts.

DaveR

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m having same problem. Strong electrical smell inside vehicle with remote start. 2022 badlands 2.3 MIC, 400 miles. Was worried it might be seat heaters.
Sponsored