Cygnusx1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayenne; Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Take the catch can off it is not necessary.
Sponsored

OP
OP
toughtoaster

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Take the catch can off it is not necessary.
What proof do you have? There’s tons of evidence that direct injection with a crank case PCV line to reuse the dirty air coats the back of the valves with junk over many miles and requires expensive valve cleaning to remove.

Cygnusx1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayenne; Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Deleted. Thought you were talking 2.7.

Jhen1173

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nope still smell it after I park in the garage and sitting at stop lights with the HVAC on. I’m coming up on 4500 miles so scheduling an oil change soon and I’ll mention it but doubt they will find anything unless it’s a egregious leak. Haven’t seen anything in the ground or around the engine bay either so not too sure.
Just took delivery of a 2022 Wildtrak. Fully loaded with 4k miles. One owner, Ford gold certified, etc. the dealer said they applied cosmoline prior to shipping and there’s an awful smell after driving it. Inky driven it a few miles since getting it but noticed the smell immediately. Anyone else familiar with this? How long does it take to wear off?

2C89BD03-AF4F-4F61-B6AE-28D6BFC43858.jpeg

OP
OP
toughtoaster

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just took delivery of a 2022 Wildtrak. Fully loaded with 4k miles. One owner, Ford gold certified, etc. the dealer said they applied cosmoline prior to shipping and there’s an awful smell after driving it. Inky driven it a few miles since getting it but noticed the smell immediately. Anyone else familiar with this? How long does it take to wear off?

Ford Bronco Burning oil smell after drives? 2C89BD03-AF4F-4F61-B6AE-28D6BFC43858
I think most report that stuff burns off after the break in period so about 1000 miles

Sponsored

Jhen1173

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think most report that stuff burns off after the break in period so about 1000 miles
meaning, 1k miles after it was applied since I just bought my truck with 4k miles.

OP
OP
toughtoaster

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A lot of people in the noisy 7MT thread report burning smells. How does your trans sound?
It’s been fine. Reading that thread gives me anxiety it’s going to start making that noise though. I have had some weird hiccups like being in first gear and it bucks like the clutch disengages/engages but it’s only happened like 3 times extremely randomly and usually if I just stop accelerating it goes back to normal.

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have a long grade heading toward your house. I notice a smell after shutting down from a long grade like up to the trailhead.

My previous F150 EB did it as well. The turbos get red hot!

Sponsored

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got my oil changed recently for the first time and now I am smelling oil when the HVAC is running and also at stops and when parked. Checked the oil cap, dipstick and they both are on well. I have no oil drips on my garage floor whatsoever. I'm wondering if they spilled some oil somewhere and it's just slowly burning off?

OP
OP
toughtoaster

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got my oil changed recently for the first time and now I am smelling oil when the HVAC is running and also at stops and when parked. Checked the oil cap, dipstick and they both are on well. I have no oil drips on my garage floor whatsoever. I'm wondering if they spilled some oil somewhere and it's just slowly burning off?
For anyone with a burning oil smell I would check out this thread/issue: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/front-differential-pinion-seal-leaking.49357/post-1929773

Front pinion seal is/was leaking and I had a layer of oil covering the oil pan bash plate that took a few shop rags to clean up. Since the leak is coming from the front drive shaft area I noticed oil was getting spun and flung everywhere around that area. Likely where my burning oil smell is coming from since there are a lot of hot parts/oil in that area.

Absolutely no drips on my garage floor or anywhere under the vehicle that I had noticed so it was a pretty slow leak.
Sponsored