First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WildTrack 2022 BadLands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well just a heads up , this is the FLOWMASTER OUTLAW CAT-BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM on my Bronco Wildtrak that is in FLORIDA ! Sunny Florida !. 2345 Miles on it !!!! look at the corrosions and rusting out at 23XX miles ! Contacted them and they said " Well the Black comes off " SMH! seriously ! now escalating but they essentially said get lost on the first attempt at what is clearly a Warranty Issue ! Anyone else having these issues ... terrible Quality and support ... you can see the Factory hardware is Pristine with O corrosion !

IMG_3137.jpeg

IMG_3136.jpeg

IMG_3135.jpeg

IMG_3134.jpeg

IMG_3133.jpeg
Sponsored

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this from sunny and salty Florida?
Well just a heads up , this is the FLOWMASTER OUTLAW CAT-BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM on my Bronco Wildtrak that is in FLORIDA ! Sunny Florida !. 2345 Miles on it !!!! look at the corrosions and rusting out at 23XX miles ! Contacted them and they said " Well the Black comes off " SMH! seriously ! now escalating but they essentially said get lost on the first attempt at what is clearly a Warranty Issue ! Anyone else having these issues ... terrible Quality and support ... you can see the Factory hardware is Pristine with O corrosion !

Ford Bronco BUYER BEWARE - FLOWMASTER OUTLAW CAT-BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM IMG_3133

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks like this has been discussed over on a Wrangler forum in the past. Some good information here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-thunder-cat-back-exhaust-rust-problem.67675/

https://www.maperformance.com/blogs...inless-steel-bet-you-didnt-know-these-details
The Difference is in the Numbers
The most frequently used stainless steel in performance exhaust systems is T409. Usually found in Flowmaster, Invidia, and many other aftermarket stainless mufflers and catbacks, this mixture does not contain enough chromium to resist corrosion in cold-weather states, or areas where salted roads aid in corrosion development. T409 has a chromium content of 10.50% to 11.75% while its nickel content is only 0.50%.
304 Stainless is the highest quality stainless steel used in the automotive world, and it is most often found in exhaust tips, clamps, bolts, and other small exhaust components where strength is very important. 304 grade stainless is tough and nearly impervious to rusting because it has around 20% chromium and 10% nickel content in the alloy. The high nickel content makes 304 an austenitic stainless steel. Because of its low ferrous content, 304 can develop a golden color when exposed to high heat over time. In fact, the ferrous metal content is so low that magnets won’t stick to it, making the identification of T409 and T304 very easy.

Last edited:

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Florida is notorious for destroying things. Have you driving on the beach and if so did you get a good undercarriage wash after, if you life near the beach the salt in the air out there can be a problem. I have the muffler delete they offered so I’ll look at it and I’m in Orlando and haven’t yet been to the coast. Not sure what the warranty covers but it could be worse. Hope you aren’t blowing up on them cause that usually gets you no where. Just my two cents.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Features:
  • 3.00-inch mandrel bent 16-gauge 409 stainless steel tubing maximizes exhaust flow and improves durability
  • Dual 4.00-inch black chrome tips add a custom look
  • Includes complete hardware and factory styled hangers in the stock locations for an easy installation
  • An Outlaw Series performance muffler delivers a deep, aggressive performance tone and improves exhaust flow
  • Backed by Flowmaster's Lifetime Limited Warranty
https://documents.holley.com/fm_warranty_general.pdf

I'd keep bothering them!

Sponsored
OP
OP
67Daytona

67Daytona

Wildtrak
First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is this from sunny and salty Florida?
2300 Miles .... Never should have rusted out like that ......
Florida is notorious for destroying things. Have you driving on the beach and if so did you get a good undercarriage wash after, if you life near the beach the salt in the air out there can be a problem. I have the muffler delete they offered so I’ll look at it and I’m in Orlando and haven’t yet been to the coast. Not sure what the warranty covers but it could be worse. Hope you aren’t blowing up on them cause that usually gets you no where. Just my two cents.
I drove in Rain LOL , 2300 Miles ... another 100 miles and this thing will be rusting through ! the Clamp areas already show pass through Corrosion and compromised integrity ...

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Features:
  • 3.00-inch mandrel bent 16-gauge 409 stainless steel tubing maximizes exhaust flow and improves durability
  • Dual 4.00-inch black chrome tips add a custom look
  • Includes complete hardware and factory styled hangers in the stock locations for an easy installation
  • An Outlaw Series performance muffler delivers a deep, aggressive performance tone and improves exhaust flow
  • Backed by Flowmaster's Lifetime Limited Warranty
https://documents.holley.com/fm_warranty_general.pdf

I'd keep bothering them!
I found out the hard way on many purchases that spending more for the good stuff usually is the way to go for longevity and performance...like this:

https://www.fastintentions.com/product/f-i-bronco-6g-axle-back-exhaust-system/

more hp and torque without annoying drone (or sounding like a Civic with a coffee can exhaust tip). Zero corrosion so far...

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

at 2300 miles this is unacceptable wherever you live ! Period Junk !
Miles is one thing. But how long has it been? I barely put long miles on my Bronco, so 2300 miles could be 6mos, 1yr, 2mos...

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drive salty roads in CT and NY. The factory exhaust on my TRX doesn’t look like that after 50,000 miles. Here’s a pic of my exhaust and the salt currently on my truck. No way florida air is any worse than what I have here.

8069E81D-BA08-439F-9A23-AF5E7BFDD23A.jpeg

1566073C-6F40-4EDA-9A4E-02FE0436BF54.jpeg

F1324E89-B776-4D7E-9323-0A97A79D11CA.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
67Daytona

67Daytona

Wildtrak
First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Its a
I found out the hard way on many purchases that spending more for the good stuff usually is the way to go for longevity and performance...like this:

more hp and torque without annoying drone (or sounding like a Civic with a coffee can exhaust tip). Zero corrosion so far...
I drive salty roads in CT and NY, my factory exhaust on my TRX doesn’t look like that after 50,000 miles. Here’s a pic of the salt currently on my truck from this weeks storms, and my exhaust. No way florida air is any worse than what I have here.

Ford Bronco BUYER BEWARE - FLOWMASTER OUTLAW CAT-BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM F1324E89-B776-4D7E-9323-0A97A79D11CA

Ford Bronco BUYER BEWARE - FLOWMASTER OUTLAW CAT-BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM F1324E89-B776-4D7E-9323-0A97A79D11CA

My Point , try to warn others and the Trolls attack ... I have a lot of custom systems as well as one on My Hellcat Durango .... No issues ! .... thanks for proving my point ..... Best to ya !

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Flowmaster typically isn't cheap or Chinesium ebay junk so telling the OP that he should have bought something else doesn't really help at this point.

@67Daytona keep bothering them, read them exactly what's in their warranty, if they keep giving you grief file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

https://www.bbb.org/file-a-complaint

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Flowmaster typically isn't cheap or Chinesium ebay junk so telling the OP that he should have bought something else doesn't really help at this point.

@67Daytona keep bothering them, read them exactly what's in their warranty, if they keep giving you grief file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

https://www.bbb.org/file-a-complaint
My post was meant to provide food for thought for anyone on the fence about purchasing an exhaust system from someone who has owned systems with different grades of stainless (and who was raised in the lovely Buffalo NY rust belt and who has cursed many rusted-out structural components). Many buyers may be tempted to buy something that costs under 500 versus something that costs over 700, but the one that costs over 700 uses 304 stainless...which is more corrosion resistant by far than 409. Small details like that make a big difference anywhere salt lives. I hope the company makes things right with OP, but it is highly unlikely that any exhaust warranty broadly covers corrosion (and will replace a product due to surface corrosion). Even if they do, money back versus the same rust prone product would be a more desirable outcome IMHO.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FWIW, 304 Stainless Steel, while quite good is not the highest quality steel available for exhausts.

316/420/421 Stainless Steels are higher in corrosion resistance, and even further up the food chain is Monel, Inconel, and others.

T409 isn't horrible, but probably needs to be aluminumized to be able to withstand salty environments.

Last edited: