Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Flowmaster typically isn't cheap or Chinesium ebay junk so telling the OP that he should have bought something else doesn't really help at this point.

@67Daytona keep bothering them, read them exactly what's in their warranty, if they keep giving you grief file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

https://www.bbb.org/file-a-complaint
BBB is nothing more than Yelp for boomers. They have no power.
Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FWIW, 304 Stainless Steel, while quite good is not the highest quality steel available for exhausts.

316/420/421 Stainless Steels are higher in corrosion resistance, and even further up the food chain is Monel, Inconel, and others.

T409 isn't horrible, but probably needs to be aluminumized to be able to withstand salty environments.
I think many folks won't pay for the "best" stuff...but 304 seems to do the trick for general use applications and most environments.

OP
OP
67Daytona

67Daytona

Wildtrak
First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WildTrack 2022 BadLands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My post was meant to provide food for thought for anyone on the fence about purchasing an exhaust system from someone who has owned systems with different grades of stainless (and who was raised in the lovely Buffalo NY rust belt and who has cursed many rusted-out structural components). Many buyers may be tempted to buy something that costs under 500 versus something that costs over 700, but the one that costs over 700 uses 304 stainless...which is more corrosion resistant by far than 409. Small details like that make a big difference anywhere salt lives. I hope the company makes things right with OP, but it is highly unlikely that any exhaust warranty broadly covers corrosion (and will replace a product due to surface corrosion). Even if they do, money back versus the same rust prone product would be a more desirable outcome IMHO.
They are a Terrible Company , would recommend anyone on site avoid.

1. Said they would fix , then they retracted the statement

2. The supervisor retracting the replacement told me that they are expected to burn off the black and rust , he also said we don't use the best material >>>> YES HE SAID THAT ! and that I should strip and Paint out of the box

3. Stated all the black is designed to BURN OFF and the rust is normal .... LMAO

4. Wanted me to cut off , send to them ( 3-4 weeks vehicle down ) and they would re-evalaute

- needs cut off because bolts are rusted through

Moral to the story

RUN FROM THIS COMPANY !!!!!!!

OP
OP
67Daytona

67Daytona

Wildtrak
First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
100 %

Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not to say the rusting is acceptable but the hanger bracket on your bronco has just as much rust. Could this be more environmental vs. the quality of their product/material?

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
67Daytona

67Daytona

Wildtrak
First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Some surface rust to to be expected on exhaust, but MAN! looks like it's been on there for 20 years! :LOL: Hopefully it was just a bad batch, and they'll send you a replacement.

OP
OP
67Daytona

67Daytona

Wildtrak
First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Some surface rust to to be expected on exhaust, but MAN! looks like it's been on there for 20 years! :LOL: Hopefully it was just a bad batch, and they'll send you a replacement.
TERRIBLE COMPANY , Going to do everything in my power to let the world know ! They don't honor there warranty and there " Call Takers " well they pretty much tell you ... HAHHA go Fuck yourself to your face .....

Sponsored

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This shouldn't be happening that quickly I had my Jeep down in Florida did all kinds of mudding and time at the beach. Over 5 years and never had an issue with the coating on a Flowmaster super 10 setup. Obviously, something failed on the coating process they need to warranty it for sure. Being near salt water doesn't automatically make stuff rust out like this unless you submerge it and then don't rinse it off for weeks.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve had this on for over a year in Orlando, FL. The hanger appears to be the only rusted spot.
Ford Bronco BUYER BEWARE - FLOWMASTER OUTLAW CAT-BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM IMG_2014
Ford Bronco BUYER BEWARE - FLOWMASTER OUTLAW CAT-BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM IMG_2015

351W-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1969 Bronco, 2001 Excursion (7.3L)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BBB is nothing more than Yelp for boomers. They have no power.
I do think BBB has power. The power for them to make consumer complaints disappear. They are an organization paid for by the members, the members being the companies that you are submitting complaints against. It's in their best interest to make complaints go away.

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do think BBB has power. The power for them to make consumer complaints disappear. They are an organization paid for by the members, the members being the companies that you are submitting complaints against. It's in their best interest to make complaints go away.

And if the company isn’t a member of the BBB?

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yikes, good call out OP, you're in the right here. Even if you had dipped your bronco in the ocean a few times I say thats pretty low quality. Being from the NE originally my 5 year old OEM truck exhaust never looked that bad.
Sponsored