Sponsored

Buying A New Vehicle - Advice or Insight?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can choose not to accept anytime before you sign the contract. It's not clear weather the dealer will return the $100, but the reservation says it's fully refundable. I wouldn't put any further deposit down though.

What happens to the reservation deposit once I order?

The reservation deposit will be handled by your dealer along with the other details of your vehicle purchase.
Gotcha, I assumed the $100 converted to a down payment once you ordered.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So what’s up with the $100? It’s just to reserve your place and then it’s applied to the car? I assume it’s non-refundable after October?
+1

Obi-Wan Broncoby

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Know what the numbers are before you sit down with the salesperson. Ford Motor Credit is not the only credit source out there. In March, right after the COVID mess started I sat down with a salesman and knew exactly what the truck I had test driven was worth. Exactly. Of course, he had to go get his manager, who told me no problem, the $3G we were apart would shake out in the financing, which is usually a lie. I had already secured financing from my credit union. In about 15 minutes it was over and I thanked them for their time and walked out.

Granted this sale will be a different animal given the order process, etc. but don’t walk in without knowing what the Bronco is going to cost. And never, ever trade in a vehicle that you can sell yourself. You’ll lose money every time. Used vehicles are selling very quickly right now and there is no reason to believe they won’t continue to.

My last purchase was my wife’s 2018 CRV EX. I spent several weeks trying to find a pearl white one. I even had a dealer over in San Antonio tell me I would have to pick another color as pearl white was too popular to sell for the price I was willing to pay. I asked him if he was even married. Idiot. I ended up finding the exact vehicle she wanted at Gilman Honda in Houston. Made the deal online and on the phone on a Friday and picked it up on Saturday morning. My financing was in place before I ever started the process. (Shout out to Gilman, easiest car purchase ever).

Be an informed buyer. Oh, and extended warranties are a waste of money, as is nitrogen in the tires, exterior paint sealant, upholstery sealant, undercoating, a spray in bed liner, et al. The only thing I do to all my vehicles is put Katzkin leather in them and before I set foot in the dealer I know what color and pattern I want and how much an installer will charge me. And if the dealer wants to make that deal and the new vehicle has to go off the dealership lot for the install it has to go on a rollback. I can take it elsewhere myself.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the order bank similar to the build and price?

No it is just where we can order the vehicle it does let us know if options can be had together...

Some times the B&P will do things we cannot...

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cannot place order until December
Oh i know that lol. I was just asking once you place your order the $100 is then non-refundable and applied to the car?

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh i know that lol. I was just asking once you place your order the $100 is then non-refundable and applied to the car?
No.....technically the $100 should be refunded......some dealers then ask for a nominal order deposit and some don’t.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a Sport reservation that Ford automatically converted to an “order”. When I contacted dealer, they said they would be reaching out to reservation holders that Monday/Tuesday. Got the “order” confirmation email on Saturday FYI. Assume it will be about the same process for the bug Bronco
how did that process go? did you go I to the dealership or did you do it all over the phone?

Sponsored

cdoublev

Black Diamond
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
how did that process go? did you go I to the dealership or did you do it all over the phone?
I ended up cancelling the Sport reservation and am gonna go for the 2 Door instead

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry holds the car for you, when it arrives then it is applied as down payment on the car...

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Evaluate if you can really afford a new car at all. See my post in my signature if you're not sure.

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
You do realize that this thread is 5 months old, don't you?
Darn good call! On mobile the posts are just labeled by the day of the week so I keep clicking through old posts and forgetting they're old! :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored