Sponsored

Buying A New Vehicle - Advice or Insight?

dapperdanny

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In the past, I have only bought used vehicles. Does anyone have any advice or insight on buying a brand new vehicle? Could be dealership interaction, care for the vehicle, or anything. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not good at haggling, but there are a lot of good threads here on purchasing options. On this truck, with no local dealers offering Granger and Stephen discounts, if I can get the truck with no ADM’s ( additional dealer markups) and maybe a few better discounts on additions, I’ll be ok.

another question I haven’t been able to find: I know orders begin late Dec., but when do we HAVE to order by? I really want to see/drive the car before locking myself in.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am not good at haggling, but there are a lot of good threads here on purchasing options. On this truck, with no local dealers offering Granger and Stephen discounts, if I can get the truck with no ADM’s ( additional dealer markups) and maybe a few better discounts on additions, I’ll be ok.

another question I haven’t been able to find: I know orders begin late Dec., but when do we HAVE to order by? I really want to see/drive the car before locking myself in.
Based on your reservation position, Ford will send you a communication with a time window for you to complete your order (I have no clue of the window duration) at which time you can assess your options

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Gap insurance can be bought through your car insurance instead of the financial institution. It is easier to drop with your insurance when you have removed the negative equity than it is with a financial institution.

Sponsored

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Price of a warranty plan is always negotiable.
Yup and, you don't have to get it right away at the dealer. Often you can buy it online, from another dealer, for way cheaper.

Pretty sure as long as you keep up with the maintenance schedule in the book and the factory warranty hasn't run out, you can get a factory extended warranty.

So it definitely isn't something you need to get ASAP. You can save and wait a while.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yup and, you don't have to get it right away at the dealer. Often you can buy it online, from another dealer, for way cheaper.

Pretty sure as long as you keep up with the maintenance schedule in the book and the factory warranty hasn't run out, you can get a factory extended warranty.

So it definitely isn't something you need to get ASAP. You can save and wait a while.
It is cheaper to get the Ext warranty earlier than later. As the miles add on the cost goes up

Villageidit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In the past, I have only bought used vehicles. Does anyone have any advice or insight on buying a brand new vehicle? Could be dealership interaction, care for the vehicle, or anything. Thanks in advance!
Stephens Auto appears to be about 5 hours from you. Between them and Granger you have transparent pricing. Check out the Stephens Auto Center plan thread under reservations.
Good luck

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have a limited window to order before you get passed over, but they haven’t given specific timeframes. You’d have to find another person that bought one and convince them to let you drive it because dealers aren’t getting any stock for inventory until after reservations are built, according to Ford, which could be a very long time.

Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Price of a warranty plan is always negotiable.
And also, the warranty is for suckers

If they paid out more than the warranty cost in repair work, they be out of the warranty business real fast

Few will come out ahead on a warranty, most will lose.

Buying the warranty is like gambling and hoping your car is a POS.

Basically be on the watch for any added costs or extras they try and sell you. They'll likely put you in a small room and try and pressure you to buy stuff you don't need for at least 30 minutes. It's all pure profit junk you don't need

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can order the truck in December and not pay a cent until it arrives and you take it home. In other words, you can order it and if you don’t like the way it feels/drives etc when it arrives to your dealer, you can refuse delivery and the dealer will mark it up and probably sell it within the week.

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Don't buy anything the finance officer tries to sell you, such as warranty or any kind of underbody or upholstery protection. Their profit margin on these items is astronomical. Freight and delivery costs are usually half of what they state. Don't talk in terms of monthly payment or trade in value. Stick to the price of the new vehicle and negotiate trade value later. Same with monthly payment. They often quote you an interest rate a full point higher than what your credit score would warrant.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Same as a used vehicle just less miles

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You have a limited window to order before you get passed over, but they haven’t given specific timeframes. You’d have to find another person that bought one and convince them to let you drive it because dealers aren’t getting any stock for inventory until after reservations are built, according to Ford, which could be a very long time.
It you're a way's back in line, you may have a chance to see some at the dealer before yours comes in. You might be able to get the salesman to call you so you can go have a look. My dealer already had over 150 reservations when I talked to them a few hours before making my reservation.
Sponsored