JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
need to get a new DD, looking at a clean 83 tomorrow.

Im bringing jack and stands to lift it and get under it, check out axles, bushings, and test the 4wd without having to do it on the street. also to check that gearing front and rear is the same...run into that before. it is a driveable truck, so not worried about checking compression which is what I'll do on a running but undriveable.

what else should I look out for? yeah, they like to rust around the fenders and tailgate, it's a 37 year old truck though so not much concern there if there is some. I know the rear window doesn't roll down. engine is a small stroked 302, supposedly low mileage on it, auto,
Sponsored

OP
OP
JimmyDean

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are not a mechanic then do yourself a favor and take one that you know and trust for an unbiased opinion...
I am a shade-tree mechanic. I'll be going over the frame looking for issues, but to not be spending half a day there I won't be tearing into the engine as long as it is running properly, I'll check for ticking and leaks with a smoke test, but are there any other real issues with the broncos besides the rust in certain spots and the TTB being out of whack? My only real weak spot is transmissions, those I just pay someone to fix.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a shade-tree mechanic. I'll be going over the frame looking for issues, but to not be spending half a day there I won't be tearing into the engine as long as it is running properly, I'll check for ticking and leaks with a smoke test, but are there any other real issues with the broncos besides the rust in certain spots and the TTB being out of whack? My only real weak spot is transmissions, those I just pay someone to fix.
(y)Sounds like you have it covered... (y) Good luck they are gaining value all the time now..

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ummmm, yeah, we're gonna' need some pics.

C'mon, man. Dont tease us!

Sponsored
OP
OP
JimmyDean

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ummmm, yeah, we're gonna' need some pics.

C'mon, man. Dont tease us!
I'll post some tomorrow after I get to see it. There is a slim chance I do not get it, but based off of the pictures and price, it'd almost be worth it without a motor or trans.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll post some tomorrow after I get to see it. There is a slim chance I do not get it, but based off of the pictures and price, it'd almost be worth it without a motor or trans.
In that case my price just went up ;)

OP
OP
JimmyDean

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In that case my price just went up ;)
you speak english, you aren't the seller.

and I Was looking at 3 broncos from Alabama. in fact one I was thinking about buying today, but decided against it yesterday, is not an Alabama truck as of this morning. 96 w/ an SAS, 8" lift, barely any rust at all, and nothing really bad.

there is a reallynice silver edition for sale in Alabama right now, in tuscaloosa, for cheapish, 7k. that is my next one if this one tomorrow falls through, but I really prefer the 3rd gen as far as the 80+ FSBs.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

you speak english, you aren't the seller.

and I Was looking at 3 broncos from Alabama. in fact one I was thinking about buying today, but decided against it yesterday, is not an Alabama truck as of this morning. 96 w/ an SAS, 8" lift, barely any rust at all, and nothing really bad.

there is a reallynice silver edition for sale in Alabama right now, in tuscaloosa, for cheapish, 7k. that is my next one if this one tomorrow falls through, but I really prefer the 3rd gen as far as the 80+ FSBs.
Yeah I'm just trying to start some mess. Hasn't been a good controversy/panic around here in 4 or 5 hours, i'm bored:cool:

Edit: Body painted hard top removed from options. I'll be over there stressing with everyone else.

OP
OP
JimmyDean

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I'm just trying to start some mess. Hasn't been a good controversy/panic around here in 4 or 5 hours, i'm bored:cool:

Edit: Body painted hard top removed from options. I'll be over there stressing with everyone else.
wait, they did WHAT? how do you remove body painted hard top from options???

Sponsored
OP
OP
JimmyDean

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
nice! you gotta do any work to it?
Minor stuff. But she drives well. Mostly interior. Headliner, door panels, temp/pressure gauges.

paint is ok, it is a repaint, there is some rust under it that’ll need to be fixed at some point

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Minor stuff. But she drives well. Mostly interior. Headliner, door panels, temp/pressure gauges.

paint is ok, it is a repaint, there is some rust under it that’ll need to be fixed at some point
Nice. Congrats.

OP
OP
JimmyDean

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands