Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is exactly where I'm at, and I'm going to take the risk of fitting a set of standard takeoffs from a BL on it once i can find them.

Though, i still have the nagging thought of squashing the BD and doing the same thing with the wheels so i can get the better coilovers. It's really all i want from the badlands suspension setup.

With the first scenario, wheel travel won't be a huge issue since i won't be doing any highly technical rock crawling ever, but i still need to squach it to get the coilovers. Haven't literally heard anything about the standard coilovers.
Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get The Badlands and you are good to go.

JW55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The $5000 depreciation is speculative. When Ford starts cranking out Broncos in decent numbers (and they will) the depreciation will be more than $5000.

Why not wait a year until you and your wife can drive the Bronco and see if it will work for you? As a bonus you'll have a better idea of which trim will work best and a better selection of options and colors.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

no kids but a couple Retrievers. The space in the second row is just cramped for the idea of road trips- which we do a couple times a year. I suppose I could always rent a Yukon for those trips, though.
I must abuse my dogs. Ha. They've sat in the back seat of sedans, small suvs, and, even my old extend cab Ranger. Think Bronco space or smaller.

We've been across the country and continent many times with them. Once or twice a year. 1000s of miles with them in the back seat and our stuff in the truck and footwells. They both still have a ton of room.

I can't imagine needing a Yukon for two dogs. Ours are both 60lbs. So not huge but big enough. They have enough room to move around a bit and sleep.

Brock27

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think that you won't save 5K in depreciation.
If anything the Badlands might depreciate less over a year than the less popular BD and you could end up with less money loss overall.
Just get the trim you want.
This was my exact thought process and decision.

Sponsored

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

..... Does it make sense to buy something that’s less practical for the same or more $$?
Don't let practicality enter into the decision. Especially when comparing value based on level of practicality. Buy what you want.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dude... this whole thing is a dumb idea. We are all spending 10's of thousands of dollars on something we're going to beat up in the mountains, deserts, forests or swamps and then expect it to get us back and forth to work, school and the grocery store. A few thousand bucks here or there doesn't make a difference with this purchase either way. Buy once, cry once and enjoy the experience before you are pushing up daisies!
I agree with you IF ... the owners in reality will be "up in the mountains, deserts, forests or swamps". Otherwise if buying for play acting, then that's not much of an experience.
Sponsored